What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Theres an amazing WIP mod called Rails of War, I recently added it to my pack along with several other mods not you dont often hear about. You should check it out.

Another mod I added, ICBM has a regeneration explosive that regenerates chunks that you might have already blown up using an antimatter explosive...regenerates water, ores, everything goes right back to the way it was when you spawned, probably erases anything you changed. Could be useful depending on how expensive it is to build. Im thinking, quarry plus a twilight forest hollow hill, detonate a regeneration bomb.
The regenerative explosive costs a diamond block so ya... course a dungean may be good ie knowledge fragments

gwirk

Jul 29, 2019
You may already know you can automatically charge your IC2 backpack in a Bibliocraft armor stand when it is standing next to a universal charger. (dont forget to put a lever behind the wall to enable shift clicking in order to drop all you armors)

You can do a similar thing with the new RF jetpacks.

Connect the base to and from a energetic infuser with item ducts.
To prevent the backpack from cycling indefinitely you need to add a servo to filter for a FULL jetpack (blacklist mode). Charge is stored in NBT sot you need to enable NBT in the filter.
The jetpack has also two parameters On/Off and Hover mode so you need to add all 4 combination of full jetpack in the filter.

Now you can simply drop your full armor with your favorite jetpack onto the stand and let the magic do the rest.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok, but that receipee is actually quite cheap... Bombing a large TF hill will still give you a large net positive of resources.

Yes indeed. A single chunk quarry might be able to pick up a bunch of each vanilla ore if placed in the right spot. Automating the whole process could be tricky, since the chunk gets reset. You'd have to set up the quarry on the chunk boundry and deploy the bomb from outside. Maybe one of those open blocks cannons? But then you need to activate it somehow....some kind of flaming projectile perhaps. Sounds fun.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
played around with extra utilities generators. I'd say, the pink generator + that hardened clay biome I found recently... would give a nice energy source, the food generator accepts rotten flesh (but not TiCos jerkys), and the maybe strongest generator (but more or less okay): the heated redstone generator. it gives nice quantities of power out of molten redstone, and since I have quite a lot of that stuff, it is a nice way to power a quarry or something like that.

and there is the TNT gen... since I like to hunt down creeper, and I can even craft gunpowder out of several sources (lots of sulfur and niter can be processed automatically).

Reactions: Strikingwolf

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
I found out there's some really weird parasites today.
Two we got told about which changes the host behavior so that they either basically or do kill themselves. The parasite then leaves their original host to continue their life cycle in the environment they killed their host.

Biology is fun :3

There are quite a few of those. The usual examples are Toxoplasma gondii which makes rats stop avoiding the scent of cats because it reproduces in the digestive tract of cats (and there is research suggesting infection effects human behavior, but nothing conclusive) and cordyceps which have a huge number of individual species which each take over specific host insects, and were the inspiration for the infected in The Last of Us (literally the premise behind the unusual sort of zombies in that game was "imagine a variety of cordyceps that infected humans").

bubba_nate

Jul 29, 2019
I learned people on the Mari0 forums are strange. Threatening to shoot a bag of cereal to get an address... They are of course joking and they said in the post that links to that that "Skye sends us an address, we send them cereal." They're not being serious at all.
http://imgur.com/a/kx2Ne
Also, Mari0 is fun.

99.99%derpy

Jul 29, 2019
I learned about the
reactor craft mod which is a add-on to rotary craft and its so beast op once you build the fission reactor you guys have heard about it but i have recently have

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
There are quite a few of those. The usual examples are Toxoplasma gondii which makes rats stop avoiding the scent of cats because it reproduces in the digestive tract of cats (and there is research suggesting infection effects human behavior, but nothing conclusive) and cordyceps which have a huge number of individual species which each take over specific host insects, and were the inspiration for the infected in The Last of Us (literally the premise behind the unusual sort of zombies in that game was "imagine a variety of cordyceps that infected humans").
Look up Emerald wasps they're a cockroach parasite
Creepy little things..

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking