What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019

Great for yourself and a couple friends, but on a large scale its very flawed.[DOUBLEPOST=1400700768][/DOUBLEPOST]
I found out I really like the FTB Forums! It's a wonderful community. Everyone is nice, and respects everyone's ideas. I will be sticking around for a bit!

Nice? Respect ideas? Hahahah!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I found out I really like the FTB Forums! It's a wonderful community. Everyone is nice, and respects everyone's ideas. I will be sticking around for a bit!
OMG new addict. I have been on here a little bit as a well-known (like a day or two of that) and can faithfully tell you these people are amazing

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You can do the same thing with one of the concrete block types from chisel. It speeds up movement.

Only downside to it is that the edge is almost like an invisible wall, trying to go through a doorway onto another floor type is problematic XD

Wow, now there's something I too found out, and should have posted here but didn't. :)

It's all true, what bloke said. Trying to build it was such a hassle cause all the sudden I'm accelerating like my jetpack is turned on. Plus, the blocks have RAZOR sharp edges. I often hear little "yelps" - something taking damage... well I have magnum torches everywhere, so... what IS that???? I finally found out the other day. It's butterflies!! They land on the edge of the concrete blocks that I (foolishly) decided to make my big dome building out of, and they take damage over and over and die. LOL

tl;dr Don't use concrete blocks in Monster pack! They're evil!

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, now there's something I too found out, and should have posted here but didn't. :)

It's all true, what bloke said. Trying to build it was such a hassle cause all the sudden I'm accelerating like my jetpack is turned on. Plus, the blocks have RAZOR sharp edges. I often hear little "yelps" - something taking damage... well I have magnum torches everywhere, so... what IS that???? I finally found out the other day. It's butterflies!! They land on the edge of the concrete blocks that I (foolishly) decided to make my big dome building out of, and they take damage over and over and die. LOL

tl;dr Don't use concrete blocks in Monster pack! They're evil!
Isn't there a thread for that?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
[Not minecraft related]

If you play as Brazil in Hearts of Iron 2 and you build a naval base on your northeasternmost province, any transports you base there are *just* in range of Bordeaux.

This is useful for suckerpunching the germans in 1942 when they are fully committed on the eastern front.

And being able to do it without joining the allies means you get to keep france and the low countries when the axis is finished :D
[/notMC]

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Great for yourself and a couple friends, but on a large scale its very flawed.
Yes, actually I found that out a while back, but decided to try IDFixMinusagain. Still no go. =/
The IDResolver utility works well enough for items, though, as Forge handles block conflicts.

Reactions: Mevansuto

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
a friend of mine, who plays mostly unmodded minecraft (Twilight forest is the only mod so far) asked me about pet bats and other mods that add creatures. so I looked a bit around for mo's creatures (shouldn't be too hard to install it). and there is a nice cross-mod exploit.

hunt down sharks, they drop shark teeth.

shark teeth can be turned into chainmail-armor.

and tinkers construct allows melting them "back" to steel.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
a friend of mine, who plays mostly unmodded minecraft (Twilight forest is the only mod so far) asked me about pet bats and other mods that add creatures. so I looked a bit around for mo's creatures (shouldn't be too hard to install it). and there is a nice cross-mod exploit.

hunt down sharks, they drop shark teeth.

shark teeth can be turned into chainmail-armor.

and tinkers construct allows melting them "back" to steel.
meh with orespawn its much more OP... if you want unbalanced cross mod just plop orespawn in ANY mod pack even with 1 other mod....[DOUBLEPOST=1400801655][/DOUBLEPOST]oh heres something cool i found! orespawn has no consent for the existence of other mods AT ALL. when you kill the final boss it drops all item ID's on the ground this meaning that if for say a mod had a test item that was corrupt.. boom world corruption.. oh and there's always the fact that it can drop iridium infi energy test items aaand unstable ingots.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, IDfix Minus worked pretty well this evening, except for the weird stuff like Reika's mods ,TE3 and a couple others.
Note to self: remove IDFix Minus after it's fixed ids once or twice, or else things will not work right.

Anyway, I discovered MeteorCraft!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That you can "paint" ME access terminals and stuff using the IC2 Painters o_O

Actually really nice as you can dye them to better match your building style!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I looked through the log and found this:
2014-05-23 17:13:57 [Information] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] Blacklisting [tile.mCropCoal.name] for lamp of growth
2014-05-23 17:13:57 [Information] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] Blacklisting [tile.mCropRedstone.name] for lamp of growth
2014-05-23 17:13:57 [Information] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] Blacklisting [tile.mCropGlowstone.name] for lamp of growth
2014-05-23 17:13:57 [Information] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] Blacklisting [tile.mCropObsidian.name] for lamp of growth
*snip*
Basically all of the magical crops. I was just about to set up a lamp of growth for these. Good to know about that.
I didn't even know it had a blacklist.

Edit:
2014-05-23 17:12:28 [Information] [TConstruct] [TConstruct] Natura, what are we going to do tomorrow night?
2014-05-23 17:12:28 [Information] [TConstruct] [Natura] TConstruct, we're going to take over the world!
2014-05-23 17:12:28 [Schwerwiegend] [TConstruct] [Environment Checks] Gelatinous iceberg dead ahead! Entering Greggy waters! Abandon hope all ye who enter here! (No, seriously, we don't support GT. Don't report any issues. Thanks.)

I heard the developer of TiCo doesn't like Greg?

Last edited: