What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I looked through the log and found this:

I heard the developer of TiCo doesn't like Greg?

On principle I don't get talk about things on the community that have long since passed. Lets just say they had(have) disagreements which got blown out of proportion and resulted in some code being inserted so the game wouldn't load with both installed. I don't remember the exact details and I don't really care enough to search for it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I looked through the log and found this:
2014-05-23 17:13:57 [Information] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] Blacklisting [tile.mCropCoal.name] for lamp of growth
2014-05-23 17:13:57 [Information] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] Blacklisting [tile.mCropRedstone.name] for lamp of growth
2014-05-23 17:13:57 [Information] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] Blacklisting [tile.mCropGlowstone.name] for lamp of growth
2014-05-23 17:13:57 [Information] [ForgeModLoader] [Thaumcraft] Blacklisting [tile.mCropObsidian.name] for lamp of growth
*snip*
Basically all of the magical crops. I was just about to set up a lamp of growth for these. Good to know about that.
I didn't even know it had a blacklist.

Edit:
2014-05-23 17:12:28 [Information] [TConstruct] [TConstruct] Natura, what are we going to do tomorrow night?
2014-05-23 17:12:28 [Information] [TConstruct] [Natura] TConstruct, we're going to take over the world!
2014-05-23 17:12:28 [Schwerwiegend] [TConstruct] [Environment Checks] Gelatinous iceberg dead ahead! Entering Greggy waters! Abandon hope all ye who enter here! (No, seriously, we don't support GT. Don't report any issues. Thanks.)

I heard the developer of TiCo doesn't like Greg?
D'aww, they're blacklisted by the lamp of growth? Oh well, guess I'll just use a time torch with those instead.
And yeah, understatement of the day saying that mDyio and Greg don't really get along. It's a noodle incident now. It involved wood, planks, sticks, handsaws, game crashing code, and a surprisingly high level of unprofessional conduct and butthurt.

Reactions: jokermatt999

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
D'aww, they're blacklisted by the lamp of growth? Oh well, guess I'll just use a time torch with those instead.
And yeah, understatement of the day saying that mDyio and Greg don't really get along. It's a noodle incident now. It involved wood, planks, sticks, handsaws, game crashing code, and a surprisingly high level of unprofessional conduct and butthurt.

dont forget the pumpkins....

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I found that my brain is good at thinking of cheaty concepts. I thought of the idea of having a mfr spawner exact copy spawn a zombie holding a ME storage drive filled with stuff such as enderium energy cell iridium UU matter resonate tanks as well as resonate tanks filled with mob essence infinite energy and resources anyone? *hides from a certain purple bee species*

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I found that my brain is good at thinking of cheaty concepts. I thought of the idea of having a mfr spawner exact copy spawn a zombie holding a ME storage drive filled with stuff such as enderium energy cell iridium UU matter resonate tanks as well as resonate tanks filled with mob essence infinite energy and resources anyone? *hides from a certain purple bee species*

Extra Utilities drums are easier to make.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
wrath lighters no longer light large areas of stuff on fire and turn it in to something else.... today is a sad day.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to say, but MFR stopped that one a long time ago

Very quickly people realised they could duplicate items by tossing them at a mob and spawning exact copies. It used to be the exact copy wouldn't spawn if your mob was holding an item, but now they may have coded it a little better?
not sure.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Sorry to say, but MFR stopped that one a long time ago

Very quickly people realised they could duplicate items by tossing them at a mob and spawning exact copies. It used to be the exact copy wouldn't spawn if your mob was holding an item, but now they may have coded it a little better?
not sure.

I think now it only does the raw mob, not the held item/armour.

Gladi099

Jul 29, 2019
Extra cells block container - love it!

edit: i am talking about its use outside of a ME drive. Awesome for rebuilding your makeshift base with fancy blocks

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
'Noodle Incident' is a reference to Calvin and Hobbes, correct?
Yes, but it is also used by TV Tropes
Calvin and Hobbes is the Trope name and Trope Codifier for Noodle Incident, as a reminder to you both. It's effectively a noodle incident now because no one talks about it and we have only a few scraps of info to understand what happened, just like how the noodle incident was a very bad stain on Santa's List for Calvin, but all we know is the name, it was bad, and no one can prove that it was Calvin.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I just found out something hilarious while researching Forbidden Magic for better wand. It is a spoiler so look only if you don't mind that.

In order to get Lust shards you have to hit a mob with a riding crop. There aren't many actual Laugh out loud moments in minecraft, but for me, that was one of them.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I just found out something hilarious while researching Forbidden Magic for better wand. It is a spoiler so look only if you don't mind that.

In order to get Lust shards you have to hit a mob with a riding crop. There aren't many actual Laugh out loud moments in minecraft, but for me, that was one of them.
LOL that's the best

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

I guess SpitefulFox got the memo about how Thaumcraft is better then a lot of mods. After all, Tech mods are like sex. Thaumcraft is like BDSM. Same deal, you get laid, but you do it with style~!