What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not quite- but if I want to build a harvesting machine to collect those without destroying the world...
Problematic as it seems to destroy it rather than break it.
I did find some Kelp however, but suspect that was from the top ones that broke when the lowest one got destroyed.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have for MANY months be completely befuddled on what was quite frequently disabling the "Mob Radar" of my Zan's Minimap. I have the Controls setting for it set to "None", but somehow it still randomly disable it self.

Then today I was reinstalling the driver/software for my G19 keyboard and couldn't get the media keys to work with Winamp(forgot that it needs to be enabled in winamp). But behold! What was that flashing in the Minecraft window when I was hitting the media keys??? The bloody Mob Radar!

No idea why it happens or how to disable it. But nice to finally know lol.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I have for MANY months be completely befuddled on what was quite frequently disabling the "Mob Radar" of my Zan's Minimap. I have the Controls setting for it set to "None", but somehow it still randomly disable it self.

Then today I was reinstalling the driver/software for my G19 keyboard and couldn't get the media keys to work with Winamp(forgot that it needs to be enabled in winamp). But behold! What was that flashing in the Minecraft window when I was hitting the media keys??? The bloody Mob Radar!

No idea why it happens or how to disable it. But nice to finally know lol.
The specials keys probably get "identified" by java as keycode 0 which is what the NONE option is. Does it cause other things bound to NONE happen, too, when pressing those keys or just the minimap?

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
The space in between two Technomancy Node Fabricators does not need to be empty. Means I didn't have to disassemble part of my Arcane Bore frame quarry to safely de-energize and then start upgrading the perditio node I'm using for it. Though at this point I'm seriously considering grabbing that second perditio node I found. Maybe even hunt for a third one. Diminishing returns on energized nodes and all.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently taking out some heart canisters and push the heal button on NEI does this.
upload_2015-7-18_12-25-12.png
upload_2015-7-18_12-22-58.png
upload_2015-7-18_12-26-38.png
/SPOILER]
Edit BTW it persists until your next death.

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-18_12-25-57.png
    upload_2015-7-18_12-25-57.png
    292.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
@Evillevi, WE ALL NEED A PICTURE

:'(

Unfortunately the save crashed and broke just as I was finishing the set up.

let me build a copy in creative then come back to you. Tagged me later if I forgot

PS: BTW what's the name of the mod that is a save backup program, arome something

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
:'(

Unfortunately the save crashed and broke just as I was finishing the set up.

let me build a copy in creative then come back to you. Tagged me later if I forgot

PS: BTW what's the name of the mod that is a save backup program, arome something
AromaBackup.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
@Evillevi, WE ALL NEED A PICTURE
Sorry but there's a typo. It's endo flames not endominiums. There's a botania set up that I used to kill enderman and endominys for their pearls that initially went into a RF pearl throw power gen but that's rather not impressive (since I'm not that good at rf power gen yet)

95E0F009F2EFD4612E1125BD4D32AE743E188D35

F01268E6FD478E26A9E35DF67D2015146777B93F

3F79375262CEA483852F3653BC088588AF809ACB
Essentially this is my setup. How it works is that it's a minimalist design that stuffs takes advantage of how formation planes can drop stuff as fast as you input. Now the deal is that the pressure plate can affect the translocator at the bottom of the ME Interface. So when the charcoal is on the plate, the translocator stops, while when the charcoal is used by something, some 7 charcoal drops per heigh block above the plate the formation plane is.

The Gold pressure plate is the center of the ring as it were and anything in a 3 radius can be filled floating endoflames with three manaspreader's per floor.

Due to the size limits (3 block radius around the gold pressure plate) an elven manaspreader can barely reach the furthest endo flames so each floor requires an additional set of Elven Manaspreaders + potency lens (not that it matters much since the manaspreaders can only take about 1 floor worth of endoflames even with the potency lens )

As such a two floor version of this setup will take about 100 charcoal per ~1minute. A full 7 floor version would take about 330 charcoal per ~1 minute.

At which point I need more than 1 redwood farm. But that's something I'll post when I can rebuild it again.

AromaBackup.
Thanks

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use botania dropper and pressure plate? it will be more compact build.

And I don't understand why red wood farm smaller than jungle wood farm?

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use botania dropper and pressure plate? it will be more compact build.

And I don't understand why red wood farm smaller than jungle wood farm?
In order.

This is fast enough to service everything while being efficient. The problem is that there's not much that can put stuff into the dropper fast enough without overshooting the mark. And without a redstone supplement (Bluepower, wireless redstone, etc) you're going to have at least two columns free in order to move teh redstone signal out of that 7*7*7 endoflame setup

It's taller and thus minimises the smount of time in between growth interval to wood created ratio. Without a watering can, the time taken for a 7*7 jungle farm to grow is far too slow as compared to teh Redwood setup. And with enough power to turn everything popping out into charcoal, you get a crazy amount of charcoal per second. along the order of 1200 charcoal per minute

Reactions: adamich

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Not exactly cool, but apparently the "bugfixes" for IC2e didn't include the derpy-as-hell wrench mechanics.

Please unify your machines responses to being wrenched, this is not a hard thing to implement.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that I really like the RF mana Gen with botania not nearly as efficient as other versions, but a few sunflowers(Lol I forgot the name) and a few nightshades makes a really cool visual generator. Just hook up a mana spreader to a pool and connect it to the RF thing(I'll fix this with names later)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It will require a decent dedicated big reactor hooked up to it to generate anything for botania endgame though.
Plus the vanilla flowers are more fun to automate. Automagi despite being a Thaumcraft addon seems to be made for Botania, Dense redcrystal! Why is something like this not a thing In something like ProjectRed. (For those not in the know dense redcrystal essentially lets you determine a signal strength limit. It blocks the redstone signal untill it is a certain strength. Acts like a subtractor but more flexible. Makes comparitor setups way more compact. Automagi also has a remote comparitor similar to redstring but acquired without End access.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk