What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
The whole point of getting Eldritch from Sticky Warp is that you can get rid of the sticky warp and then NOT have to get all the permanent warp from forbidden researches. Thaumcraft isn't Pokemon. You really do NOT need to catch 'em all. Warp is there to discourage you from just getting all the things.

EVIL! :eek:
Man, I totally have a different philosophy from you. I really do want ALL the things XD

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
The torcherino speeds up the crystal growth chamber? Amazing. Time to power through AE.

Well note I said the Crystal Growth Chamber as in the AE2 Stuff Mod, not the accelerators from the base mod. Fireball apparently doesn't like the torcherino as the only thing I've found to respond to it from AE2 is the charger. The AE2 Stuff Mod on the other hand reacts quite well to it.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
It works on the charger too? Muwahahaha.

And yeah, I know the chamber is a different thing from an addon, I already have it.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
The Thaumcraft bosses hit like Chuck Norris. Especially if you hit like Chuck Norris.

Case in point, I have 40 hearts and Chuck Norris Armor Draconic Armor and the Eldritch Guardian boss got me down to Last Stand before I killed it (thank goodness I threw that on my armor; I also have Soulbound on all my important stuff in case something actually does kill me). I've since bolstered the armor with Protection IV since it seems that I need more damage mitigation. And I'll be bringing 200 levels with me to the next boss.

Someone needs to make a mod that adds Chuck Norris as a boss.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's true, or I just got really lucky with the timing, but I dumped a few stacks of AE quartz seeds in some water on my chunk loaded server, forgot about them, and logged off for a while. When I finally got back on, the seeds were fully grown, and none of the resulting crystals were despawned. I knew the seeds couldn't despawn, but apparently until you pick up the full grown crystal, neither can that.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Looks cool, but rather simplistic also... Kinda wish there was more to it than just a pipe that you click and then get propelled through. There should be locks you enter, carts/boards/sabot that you ride on/in, power requirements etc. Much more complexity should be required for what it actually does IMO.

But dunno, could just be an early proof on concept?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Today I learned that it's possible to make a bow too fast to add more redstone to. I made a Tcon longbow, used Signalum for the bow limbs and plate, and an enchanted bow string (thaumcraft cloth for an extra modifier). The draw speed is 0.15 seconds straight out of the tool forge, and I can't add more redstone to make it faster. Now to just make some Enderium arrows...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That a BC Floodgate will count Mariculture Kelp and Corals and "Empty"...

No wonder it was taking ages and not filling up anything. Goodbye seabed decoration...

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That a BC Floodgate will count Mariculture Kelp and Corals and "Empty"...

No wonder it was taking ages and not filling up anything. Goodbye seabed decoration...
Is this really a "cool" little thing? Go start your own thread.

{tongue smiley thing here}

Reactions: rhn