What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
This is a little more obscure, but I *think* ttCore also adds this. I played for a while with Redstone Armory, which requires ttCore, and then when I removed them both I could no longer do it. It might have been something else, of course; but ttCore was the only thing I removed that it would make sense for that to happen.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
GreenThumb requires an empty hand to do that, it kinda sucks in that regard.

I found this line in harvestcraft.cfg, though:

Code:
  B:rightclickharvestCrop=true
My pack has Harvestcraft with that config option enabled, and I still can't right-click harvest wheat. Pam's crops are harvestable that way, however.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
This is a little more obscure, but I *think* ttCore also adds this. I played for a while with Redstone Armory, which requires ttCore, and then when I removed them both I could no longer do it. It might have been something else, of course; but ttCore was the only thing I removed that it would make sense for that to happen.

ttcore definitely does add this (along with no depth fog, fireworks with achievements, and some other nice stuff). All or most of it is configurable, so check the configs to see what all it adds!

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
ttcore definitely does add this (along with no depth fog, fireworks with achievements, and some other nice stuff). All or most of it is configurable, so check the configs to see what all it adds!
Ah. Thanks for the info on the fireworks. I wish I knew so I could disable it; anytime I played with people on a server, when someone would get an achievement, everyone would suffer temporary FPS death. XD

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019

Does the ttCore right click harvest work with any item in hand? I might add it just for that if it does. Disabling depth fog is bonus which I will also do, though.

I added Numina just to disable zooming with speed buffs because I got so many of them and they make the FOV way too big. It does prevent Tinkers' goggles zoom and probably OptiFine, too, but my render range is 5 chunks anyway. Which reminds me, is there a mod aside from OptiFine to disable all the fog?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Yep! Any item, which is nice, since I don't have to pause harvesting to move the crop I just harvested into my inventory to keep harvesting the others.
It does kinda work but you still need to be able to place the block you're holding if you have one in the hand. It flashes the block as if you placed it and it gets taken out so it works but it doesn't let you harvest if you're standing in the way of the block or there's something else in the way. Some things also do get used as well as the crop getting harvested like an egg gets thrown. Hunger Overhaul does it better because it replaces the crops with its own versions.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The advanced solar panels Molecular Transformer has a recipe for turning a wither skeleton skull into a nether star.

Yeah it costs a quarter of a million EU, but it's a simpler thing to engineer than most of my wither killing devices.

Oh and it's a neat solution to the "i've got a few dozen ultimate solar panels wtf do I do with all this power?!" conundrum.

EDIT: Then you can feed the nether stars into that XU nether star generator thingummy and make RF. It's like power conversion but hopelessly inefficient :D

EDITEDIT:

Quarter of a BILLION EU.

Last edited: