What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Sir Padfoote is just kindly warning that info may or may not be outta date, friend :)
Don't worry then, flower requirement traits haven't changed much in a long time.
The only issue I can think of is non-Forestry traits like the traits from VisBees, Magic Bees, and all those other mods that adds more bees.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
What I want to see: What will she do to make it "Jaded's brand of evil scum and dungeon-master-y", yet still have the focus being on PvP instead of just surviving the E :)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I find that hunger is a better enemy than mobs in a lot of cases. Except for the bloody ExU Heling Axe. My next pack is gonna be don't starve style without machines or tech and you will have to use magic mods if you wanna automate farming. And I am disabling the Healing Axe.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I find that hunger is a better enemy than mobs in a lot of cases. Except for the bloody ExU Heling Axe. My next pack is gonna be don't starve style without machines or tech and you will have to use magic mods if you wanna automate farming. And I am disabling the Healing Axe.
I would like to see that.

Reactions: jdog1408

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Lol back on topic, Magical Wood with ExtraTiC is crazy broken OP.
Magical wood tool parts are actually added by ExU itself. It's OP because you can make tools unbreakable easily? You can do that with unstable tool parts and have more modifiers left over and end up with a better tool to start with anyway. Obviously it's very difficult to make, you only have 10 seconds after casting the parts to assemble the tool. I'll leave you to figure out how to melt unstable in the first place.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Melting unstable ingoy? really?:eek:
Isn't that thing supposed to be a 4-dimensional item? What crazy ritual does one have to go through to melt that? :rolleyes:

Nothing crazy. You just have ten seconds after casting the part to use it before it becomes useless and you have to melt it down again.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Just wait a few weeks. Still not sure if I wanna ditch TiCon or not. What do you think?

I personally don't like TiCon. It changes too much of the game. It obsoletes the basic vanilla equipment (a flint mattock is as good a weapon as a real sword?), ruins the enchanting system (your opinion may vary), and adds in new minerals/ore blocks just to make better equipment than you can get in vanilla. (1).

And I really don't like Iguana's tweaks, and the whole "disable the choice of using vanilla if you want to".

The whole idea of "We expect you to double all your ores" combined with "we'll make it harder and expect you to use these new things" along with "it's harder to get started just to give you more grind" ... no thanks.

(1): Yes, I know that vanilla unbreaking is stronger than TiC reinforced until you get TiC's reinforced up to ridiculous levels. Yes, I know that a vanilla diamond pick with E5, U4, and F3 outclasses everything you can do with a TiC pick (except mine the hardest TiC ores) -- but TiC has those big-mining tools, and probably 98% of what you can do in TiC out performs what you can do with vanilla. You have to work hard in vanilla to max your enchants at the high end, while TiC makes it trivial at the high end.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Wait a sec -- smelting the unstable ingots? They explode once you craft them if you don't use them -- how do you get them into the smeltery in the first place? Or do you have to craft the crazy expensive stable versions?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Wait a sec -- smelting the unstable ingots? They explode once you craft them if you don't use them -- how do you get them into the smeltery in the first place? Or do you have to craft the crazy expensive stable versions?
That's one of the choices, you have two more. :)

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you have to divide by diamonds while smelting it and not smelting the unstable ingots themselves...?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
There's semi stable nuggets and unstable ingot blocks.
One more way but it's a spoiler, though. You can make stable ingots directly with it but I won't spoil anyone with the how. Not like anyone would ever figure it out without looking it up. You can kinda see the stable ingot in NEI if you look up recipes for items that use unstable ingots but it doesn't tell you how to make them. No it's not the same as using the nuggets.