What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
For the first time in any of my post-unleashed worlds, I've got around to genetically modifying bees.

And holy shit gendustry's setup is convenient.

Even before binnie's version went down the "realism" route (meaning many more machines to achieve the same goal), it was still a pain to apply serums to bees effectively; Gendustry's sampler and imprinter are just PERFECT.

I just have a single template with all the maxed stats and tolerances, it takes a few seconds to apply it to any given bee's active and inactive genes (does both at once, yay!) and yer sorted.

My new favourite thing today <3

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
The Multiblock Apiary from forestry. Holy crap this is awesome. Especially without gendustry in a pack

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I was just clearing the flowers my bees have been so diligently planting in my courtyard and I noticed something.

Some of these are botania mystical flowers.

So bees now spread botania goodies?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I was just clearing the flowers my bees have been so diligently planting in my courtyard and I noticed something.

Some of these are botania mystical flowers.

So bees now spread botania goodies?
Must be Vazkii adding that, I don't see any custom flowers added in the config file config/forestry/apiculture.conf for Infinity.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Also AE2 recognises the ore dictionary now?

It seems to, my autocrafting recipe for a leadstone energy cell using thermal foundation lead managed to grab from my stack of IC2 lead.

This...improves matters.

Reactions: xTordX

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Also AE2 recognises the ore dictionary now?

It seems to, my autocrafting recipe for a leadstone energy cell using thermal foundation lead managed to grab from my stack of IC2 lead.

This...improves matters.
Yeah. However you might want to watch out if you're crafting stacks at a time and it starts to take from pure/charged certus quartz instead of the normal stuff ;-;

Reactions: Type1Ninja

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
And what bees are you using?

Um.

In no particular order:
Imperial, Industrious, Wispy, Winsome, Gelid, Glowering, Aer, Doctoral, Fermented.

All stat traits (lifespan, production, fertility, flowering, tolerances etc) maxed out.

Flower trait set to "flowers" for each.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
The last update to that page (that wasn't a bot fixing things) was 12 September 2014, and it wasn't even a major update. I wouldn't trust that page too heavily for this.
Well it IS a wiki, if you see anything wrong you can fix it.
Otherwise if there is nothing wrong then I see no issue here...?