What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

null123

Mar 27, 2014
As long as it's not that blasphemous circle language. Circles in minecraft? Would be easier to divide by the cube root of diamond.
Here, I have a present for you: ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
(Circles) :p:D:oops:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
As long as it's not that blasphemous circle language. Circles in minecraft? Would be easier to divide by the cube root of diamond.

divide three times by it and then be fast enough to craft before it blows up

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Today I discovered that enchanting Efficiency IV on an Advanced Diamond Drill in FTB Ultimate wasn't such a good idea. It mines blazingly fast, sure, but is now useless for construction work. If I misplace a single block, I usually tear down half the wall when I try to remove it.

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Volume in a mac crafter increases alot faster than the other dimensions of a mac.
A fluid generator can be placed right next to a harvester and power the harvestor and planter!

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Volume in a mac crafter increases alot faster than the other dimensions of a mac.
A fluid generator can be placed right next to a harvester and power the harvestor and planter!

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
Provided you're making a cube
If you're making it rectangular, it can be a really bad waste of resources.. (volume is tiny compared to outside dimensions)

Reactions: YX33A

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The most vital crafting recipe in the game, and possibly an exploit?

Vital.png

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
The most vital crafting recipe in the game, and possibly an exploit?

View attachment 10945

Ok Ok I'll bite, how is taking 2 items to craft 2 items an exploit?

As for what did I learn:

That you don't have to be holding the item you want to put into Jabba barrel and the fact that if you continue to right click with an empty hand on a wall of barrels it will take all the items from your inv and match them into barrels, guess I got too much stuck on the Factorization way.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That the TT Talisman of Remedium takes damage now in 1.6 :(
That the talisman can now be enchanted with stuff like unbreaking etc. in an anvil. Gonna have to try repair on it.

Reactions: Psychicash

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
That the TT Talisman of Remedium takes damage now in 1.6 :(
That the talisman can now be enchanted with stuff like unbreaking etc. in an anvil. Gonna have to try repair on it.
As a reminder, it used to be powered by Vis and Vis alone. Now it's got a durability because it's hard to tap into node energy anywhere without it being accessible ANYWHERE.

...also, Repair works on what it's allowed to work on and nothing else. Use a different technique to fix it. Otherwise, you're gonna have a bad time.[DOUBLEPOST=1399125497][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok Ok I'll bite, how is taking 2 items to craft 2 items an exploit?

As for what did I learn:

That you don't have to be holding the item you want to put into Jabba barrel and the fact that if you continue to right click with an empty hand on a wall of barrels it will take all the items from your inv and match them into barrels, guess I got too much stuck on the Factorization way.
You can even right click REALLY fast and it'll take everything all at once rather then a stack at a time, too!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered that Blood Magic isn't for me ... I'm feeling quite sick right now actually.

Reactions: RealSketch

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I just discovered that a simple 3x3 core fission reactor from ReactorCraft produces more power than I know what to do with. I wish I could electrify a fence with it all somehow...

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
(...)

I've almost automated *everything* now. Just need to find something to do with the mountain of ProjectRed gemstone ores now.

As they are source of lucrum from thaumcraft you can use them in alchemy to convert them to gold. It is possible to fully automate it quite easily so you will end up with tones of gold as those gems are usless as soon as you get any decent tools.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
As they are source of lucrum from thaumcraft you can use them in alchemy to convert them to gold. It is possible to fully automate it quite easily so you will end up with tones of gold as those gems are usless as soon as you get any decent tools.

Now that sounds like a plan. My alchemical furnace is one of the other dwindling number of things that I need to hook up to Colin.

Today's funsies, fluid storage cells. I've cleared out a nice patch of floor space by emptying my lava tank and mob essence tank into Colin. For the price of one more ME drive and a couple of fluid cells. Beautiful thing.