What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Retroactive hooray!

[sorry, dint see the posts above :p]
:D yay!

I actually really like the way IF does it - you extract liquid latex from trees, then need to process that into tiny amounts of rubber and do things with that to get to rubber that you smelt into plastic. It’s a bit more involved, but there are no rubber trees, and I like it!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Personally I find it a bit of a hassle, but to each his own!
I can see why it would be. I quite enjoy the way you can set it going and basically leave it - slightly less annoying than a rubber tree farm for me - plus I get a bit of a kick about how it’s a bit more like it’s done IRL with the white latex fluid. If you had to find rubber trees in world to get the latex, it would both be a pain in the arse, and (for me) be even cooler :D If I could tweak a way to make it so only jungle trees work, I’d do that for my own custom instances, because I’m a weirdo like that.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
:D yay!

I actually really like the way IF does it - you extract liquid latex from trees, then need to process that into tiny amounts of rubber and do things with that to get to rubber that you smelt into plastic. It’s a bit more involved, but there are no rubber trees, and I like it!

OK, so I noticed the lack of MFR rubber trees. I take it I have to use the IC2 rubber trees then, but what tool do I need to extract latex then? I guess I can't use the IC2 treetap and do stuff from the resin?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
OK, so I noticed the lack of MFR rubber trees. I take it I have to use the IC2 rubber trees then, but what tool do I need to extract latex then? I guess I can't use the IC2 treetap and do stuff from the resin?
Nope, any wood will do, IF has a latex extractor block (I think that’s the name) that you mount next to it, and gradually it breaks the block.

Last edited:
Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Nope, any wood will do, IF has a latex extract or block (I think that’s the name) that you mount next to it, and gradually it breaks the block.

Luvverly. So I just maed one and plonked it down facing a log. The GUI has no power indicator or anything but it's not actually extracting anything. Do I need to give it some power? *feels like such a noob*

EDIT: I built three more and stuck em round all four sides of said log. Now I'm getting liquid latex. But only from the north and south facing ones. Odd o_O

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Luvverly. So I just maed one and plonked it down facing a log. The GUI has no power indicator or anything but it's not actually extracting anything. Do I need to give it some power? *feels like such a noob*
That’s odd. Are you getting nothing in the internal fluid tank?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Cool little thing? Yes. Discovered... Not so much. More suggested.

So I suggested to KingLemming on Twitter that I wished the Portable Tank from TE could pick up fluids like the Mekanism one. Instead, he gave us the amazing Reservoir. Which like the tank and other items, can be upgraded, and holds a stupid amount of fluid. Not only can you pick up fluids, you can flip it to empty and dump them out, as well as using it to fill a large tank, such as the Dynamo's with water. This is beyond awesome. Plus it looks like a water bottle and for some reason that makes me stupidly happy.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Cool little thing? Yes. Discovered... Not so much. More suggested.

So I suggested to KingLemming on Twitter that I wished the Portable Tank from TE could pick up fluids like the Mekanism one. Instead, he gave us the amazing Reservoir. Which like the tank and other items, can be upgraded, and holds a stupid amount of fluid. Not only can you pick up fluids, you can flip it to empty and dump them out, as well as using it to fill a large tank, such as the Dynamo's with water. This is beyond awesome. Plus it looks like a water bottle and for some reason that makes me stupidly happy.
I'm assuming the Holding enchantment works on it as well?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Oh oh oh, I just found that I can charge Certus Quartz in TE's energetic infuser!

That's one less pointless progress gate and untidy non-cubic block to not have to add to my machine wall. Sorry Charger, your days are done :3

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, a little while ago, I posted about my undying smelter zombie (now named 'Reggie' - for 'regenerating'). Yesterday, Reggie got a friend (unnamed at the moment. Suggestions?). A couple more of these, and I can just leave the drains open.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Latest version of the Thermal Expansion satchel has whitelist/blacklist and auto-pickup built in! Never need any other backpack mod ever again.

I dunno... I'm rocking a diamond level danknul and love it. Holds up to 3k/item and voids excess. Go mining with that on and you are set.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I dunno... I'm rocking a diamond level danknul and love it. Holds up to 3k/item and voids excess. Go mining with that on and you are set.
I decline to use anything using 'dank' as a part of the mod name. Just not my thing. Besides, I'm guessing you didn't think about how it works *in conjunction* with your dank/null

Set the Satchel to auto-pickup ores and resources. Then, back at base, one shift-click on your ore processing input and you are all set to go. It's not a matter of 'keep the clutter out of your inventory' so much as 'collecting more resources by keeping them in here for easy dumping when I get back to base'.