What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
No, I also made the docking station for it as well.

Best thing about modded, you can do it how ever you like!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
@ShneekeyTheLost Fortunately for you, OpenBlocks is now 1.12 and includes it's dev/null.

Personally I just carry a LOT of forestry backpacks.

My 1.10 Iron Backpacks setup made an inventory full of Forestry backpacks seem clunky and inadequate. Not sure if the upgrade system is fully functional in 1.12 yet, but it wasn't when I was thinking about making the switch. I'm sure it will be ready by the the time I am at this rate.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
@ShneekeyTheLost Fortunately for you, OpenBlocks is now 1.12 and includes it's dev/null.

Personally I just carry a LOT of forestry backpacks.
Forestry Backpacks were the litmus standard ever since they came out back in the day. They had a lot of functionality that no other backpack mod ever really got. They just worked.

About the only thing that Satchels cannot do that Forestry Backpacks can do is auto-fill a stack from the bag for building megastructures with. In exchange, Satchels, once upgraded, can carry FAR more items, especially if you hit it up with a Holding enchantment.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
No auto-pickup for Iron Backpacks yet. It's a WIP still.

Nothing makes building a big structure easier than the Builder's backpack, which also comes along mining because it holds torches. Being able to get a Satchel to suck up all the ores (configurably in game) means I can carry those and an ender pouch and when the bags get full ender pouch my inventory clean again, then go back to mining.

Honestly the only downside to the Forestry Bags is the difficulty in upgrading them, which while easily solvable by just carrying a LOT of them, is kind of silly. I've managed to upgrade a bag once in all the time I've been playing. And that in a 1.6.4 Monster pack world, before Gendustry had been balanced. A maxxed out industrial apiary is quite a thing.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I needed to upgrade my powercells today, the transfer rate on the entry-level ones isn't enough to sustain my interdimensional shenanigans.

Problem, i'm nowhere near an ocean and i'm too lazy to go hunting for prismarine.

Luckily, a solution is at hand

2018-02-01_21.09.39.png

Had a bit of a play with some other stuff from this mod. It's got some cool mechanics. I could do with some powerful and end-gamey to aim at though, it'll keep me interested for a while...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Apparently, damage taken while under the 'unnatural hunger' debuff (Thaumcraft Warp event) affects your armor. I step away for a few minutes, come back and I'm down to a nearly depleted Hazmat shirt and nothing else! (Hmm, drafty in here!)

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
No auto-pickup for Iron Backpacks yet.

.??? It could be upgraded/configured to pick stuff up as long as I've known about it. Want a bag to pick up and compress all your cobblestone up to octadic? Done! Grab all that silktouch stone, turn it into stone bricks, and keep a stack on your hotbar? Done! Grab all the clutter a particular mod generates? Void the saddles from every loot chest you break? Do it all from inside another backpack that you can wear and open with a hot key? Iron Backpacks are much better than I remember Forestry backpacks ever being.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That you can set up powered spawners for your livestock as well. I needed a ton of wool, like 30,000ish, and even a relatively large farm of sheep standing over mechanical users with sheers, it would have taken weeks. But, collect just one of their souls and set up a powered spawner, i had thousands by the end of the session. Plus, I'll never have to eat another potato again.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
That's less the effect of unnatural hunger, and more the special coding of the hazmat suit. If you have a full suit on, all damage you take is redirected to the armor, no matter what the source. Cheep early game invulnerability.

Ahhh, didn't realize that. I guess since the shirt had slightly more durability (having been replaced due to disappearing in a weird glitch), the hunger 'damaged' the suit long enough to get rid of the other items - which all had identical durability - and then set in on taking me down to half a heart.

Come to think of it, I've heard the phrases 'I'll eat my hat', 'Eat my shorts', and 'A steak as tough as shoe-leather', but never anything about eating shirts/coats. Guess that hunger was truly unnatural. ;)

Reactions: ICountFrom0

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I went ahead and jumped to 1.12 just because I was bored of 1.10 and my 1.7.10 world is currently filling a massive train full of train tracks and lags too much to actually play in.