What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
In Direwolf20 1.12, you can place a cup of coffee in an energetic infuser with a repair specialization and never have to make another cup again. :)
While the repair augment is both energy and xp essence intensive, it’s pretty handy :D I used that to keep some tools and things going a long way.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
In Direwolf20 1.12, you can place a cup of coffee in an energetic infuser with a repair specialization and never have to make another cup again. :)

Does this keep all the Meta data, such as Creamer/Sugar and potentially stronger additive preferences?

Does it take an original, made with so-called "Arabica" beans and slowly degrade to "Robusta" beans over time?

Details, Please! :D

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Does this keep all the Meta data, such as Creamer/Sugar and potentially stronger additive preferences?

Does it take an original, made with so-called "Arabica" beans and slowly degrade to "Robusta" beans over time?

Details, Please! :D
Can confirm, it does. You can place all the effects you want on it, and it will repair. It only has a durability of 4, so its easy to repair and hardly takes any energy or xp at all.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The Goggles of Revealing will tell you if Mana Beans are ready for harvest. (Ripe beans will show their aspect, unripe beans show nothing.)

Reactions: KingTriaxx

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Forestry in 1.12
How many of us remember(/miss) these old farms?
2018-03-03_10.43.44.png

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
i just discovered that forestry multifarms also support food from Pams Harvestcraft. cucumbers for example can be grown on a vegetable farm

*edit*
funny thing. just after posting this, i noticed that someone posted a pic of those oldschool forestry farms.
i always prefered them over multifarms.
after multifarms were added, you still had the option to enable those old farms in the config file. not sure if that option still exists

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
i just discovered that forestry multifarms also support food from Pams Harvestcraft. cucumbers for example can be grown on a vegetable farm

*edit*
funny thing. just after posting this, i noticed that someone posted a pic of those oldschool forestry farms.
i always prefered them over multifarms.
after multifarms were added, you still had the option to enable those old farms in the config file. not sure if that option still exists
Another cool thing (that many don't know) is that you can configure the multifarms to use a square platform instead of diamond.

This can be a tiny bit cheaty since you get a larger farming area as a result, but whatever, it looks better imo.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Another cool thing (that many don't know) is that you can configure the multifarms to use a square platform instead of diamond.

This can be a tiny bit cheaty since you get a larger farming area as a result, but whatever, it looks better imo.
*blinks* is that in game or in the config files?

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019

really? how? never heard that.
(plus: the farming size of a multifarm that's written in the FTB wiki seems to be out of date ^^)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
*blinks* is that in game or in the config files?

really? how? never heard that.
(plus: the farming size of a multifarm that's written in the FTB wiki seems to be out of date ^^)

Unless I've gone completely insane (happens on Mondays), I'm pretty sure its a config file item. Its clearly commented too iirc, shouldn't be hard to find.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Unless I've gone completely insane (happens on Mondays), I'm pretty sure its a config file item. Its clearly commented too iirc, shouldn't be hard to find.
Awesome! I might have to have a word with a certain someone about that...

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
Just found it.
The square multifarm option is hidden in the "common.cfg" config file.

The largest form of farm builds a 9 block radius to all four sides.
Which is a total of 18x18 farming area

Reactions: ICountFrom0

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
The option to use the single-block-farms was removed... I want to say in the port from 1.6.4 --> 1.7.10; don't quote me on that, I've got a lot of modded Minecraft history rattling around in my head, and it blends together in the haze of "the past"... That transition was literally years ago now.