What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
This. When a mob/player gets into a minecart, the entity itself is removed and the cart gets an update, essentially turning the mob/player into a one block high entity.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This. When a mob/player gets into a minecart, the entity itself is removed and the cart gets an update, essentially turning the mob/player into a one block high entity.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
But, when that happens, the mob/player's head height doesn't actually change (much). So, a minecart can travel through a 1-blick-high tunnel with no difficulty, but any players or zombies riding it will suffocate.

Reactions: Rishenda

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Ultima 7 Part II, and saw that a random cat on the street has an NPC ID, as well as a name: Smudge. If it has an ID, the cheat menu can access and alter it, which is why random NPCs that spawn from eggs (think spawners) can't be hacked. But, Smudge can. So, on a lark, I added the cat to my party. And the cat's stats are just two points shy of being completely maxed out in strength, dexterity, and combat rating. This cat is strong enough to lift over three hundred and sixty kilograms. He's only got 3 intelligence, but when you can damn near lift a Dodge Challenger, it doesn't fucking matter how smart you are. I HAVE FOUND THE SUPERCAT.

[ETA]
Evidence!
SMUDGE-THE-SUPERCAT_zpsypym2g7b.png

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Playing Ultima 7 Part II, and saw that a random cat on the street has an NPC ID, as well as a name: Smudge. If it has an ID, the cheat menu can access and alter it, which is why random NPCs that spawn from eggs (think spawners) can't be hacked. But, Smudge can. So, on a lark, I added the cat to my party. And the cat's stats are just two points shy of being completely maxed out in strength, dexterity, and combat rating. This cat is strong enough to lift over three hundred and sixty kilograms. He's only got 3 intelligence, but when you can damn near lift a Dodge Challenger, it doesn't fucking matter how smart you are. I HAVE FOUND THE SUPERCAT.
I'm just amazed you're playing Ultima VII. Man that brings me back.

Ultima Underworld was so amazingly ahead of its time.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just amazed you're playing Ultima VII. Man that brings me back.

Ultima Underworld was so amazingly ahead of its time.
I come back to it every few months. Underworld is on my to-get list, too. Actually doing an LP, a la Nakar, over here (http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=7350.0) , if you're interested. Sorry for the crap link. Tablet doesn't do highlighting properly here, for some reason.

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
That this thread exists

Sent from an iPod 65, illegally talked about because of partnership. iPod 65 teleports through years like Back to the Past (Sequel to Back to the Future except in 2096).

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Looks promising. Seasonal shift is something that more sandboxes should allow.

Unrelated, I learned last night that Decocraft items aren't completely useless any more. When I fist played with the mod, it had some cool touches, but none of the items were functional. Last night I decorated a room, only to find out that the chest, dresser, and wardrobe have inventories now. Also, the hammock works as a bed, which is awesome.

This has likely been this way for some time, but I've never bothered to revisit it till now.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually possible to safely disarm those stupid spiral constructs in the nether roof added by chromaticraft, the ones that are trapped with TNT and then spew lava on you from above. Actually possible to loot them safely without activating the TNT or releasing the lava.

Done wonders for my health and fragments being able to use those safely.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It sounds like such an obvious thing but: I discovered that the sprinklers from AgriCraft really do make a huge difference in the growth speed under default configs, and it has increased my plant-breeding progress no end! :)

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
I started up SkyFactory 2.5, and when I went to get my mob room set up I spent a couple of minutes frantically searching for a way to make a weapon... Then I looked at the damage on my humble flint hatchet.
+5 attack damage.
Apparently, it's enough to 2-shot creepers and Headcrumbs humans. Damn. I made a second one for combat, and noticed something else. The modifiers a tool gains through EXP change depending on what it's used for. The combat one gained an emerald and sharpness, while the other gained luck, haste, and I think reinforced. Both also gained auto-repair twice.

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
My combat one has +7 with its sharpness modifier... Isn't that the same as a diamond sword? I can't confirm atm but I'm about to head home to do that. One more sharpness modifier and that thing'll be a BEAST.
Now I really can't wait till I get a smeltery and metal tools. I just got a cobble gen up.
That auto-repair also keeps up with the tools' use quite nicely. I haven't had to repair them at all. A quick break from my mob massacre and all the durability is back on it. Swapping out also works well.
The loot bags are pretty awesome, too. The common ones, while crap in a normal world, are a godsend in early-game skyblock because they give valuable seeds and saplings.

Edit: I got home and looked at the hatchet. It's up to +8 now, and I confirmed that a diamond sword has +7. I forgot it got yet another sharpness modifier. I basically have an infinite-durability diamond sword now. Nice.

Last edited: