What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Explain; I haven't heard this story XD

In the beginning, my base was formless and vanilla. And Colin moved upon the face of my antiquated storage system and he said "LET THERE BE A COOL MODULAR SYSTEM TO STORE AND SORT ALL YOUR STUFF IN ONE CONVENIENT BLOCK!".

And there was a cool modular system to store and sort all my stuff in one convenient block. And Colin saw that this was good.

And the morning and the evening were slept away.

And Colin said, "LET ALL YOUR NAFF MANUALLY OPERATED ORE PROCESSING AND CRAFTING MACHINES BE GATHERED TOGETHER THAT I MAY HAVE DOMINION OVER THEM". And all my naff manually operated ore processing and crafting machines were gathered together that HE might have dominion over them. And Colin saw that this was good.

And Colin said, "LET ALL YOUR MACHINES AND ALL YOUR ITEMS BE DISTRIBUTED TO THE HIGHEST HEAVENS AND THE DEEPEST HELL, THAT I MIGHT SAVE YOUR FPS". And all my machines were distributed to the highest heavens and the deepest hell, and my FPS was saved. And Colin saw that this was good...

The rest is, as they say, history...

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
In the beginning, my base was formless and vanilla. And Colin moved upon the face of my antiquated storage system and he said "LET THERE BE A COOL MODULAR SYSTEM TO STORE AND SORT ALL YOUR STUFF IN ONE CONVENIENT BLOCK!".

And there was a cool modular system to store and sort all my stuff in one convenient block. And Colin saw that this was good.

And Colin said, "LET ALL YOUR NAFF MANUALLY OPERATED ORE PROCESSING AND CRAFTING MACHINES BE GATHERED TOGETHER THAT I MAY HAVE DOMINION OVER THEM". And all my naff manually operated ore processing and crafting machines were gathered together that HE might have dominion over them. And Colin saw that this was good.

And Colin said, "LET ALL YOUR MACHINES AND ALL YOUR ITEMS BE DISTRIBUTED TO THE HIGHEST HEAVENS AND THE DEEPEST HELL, THAT I MIGHT SAVE YOUR FPS". And all my machines were distributed to the highest heavens and the deepest hell, and my FPS was saved. And Colin saw that this was good...

The rest is, as they say, history...
Then I'm that person that never sets up a complex AE system...

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Then I'm that person that never sets up a complex AE system...
Infinitely deep Soaryn chests are enough for me. ;)
I prefer SFM for my advanced autocrafting needs (although, to be fair, I never play any worlds long enough to get to the point where I need that). ^^

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
After one minor explosion, I found that 4 Gas Turbines with afterburner upgrade linked to a 16:1 bedrock gearbox set for speed is what you'll need to get all stages of the extractor to run at 1 tick per operation. The amount of fuel needed is two reservoir of Jet Fuel (128,000 mb) and that'll process ~4.5 stacks of ore before one of the turbine runs out of fuel.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
After one minor explosion, I found that 4 Gas Turbines with afterburner upgrade linked to a 16:1 bedrock gearbox set for speed is what you'll need to get all stages of the extractor to run at 1 tick per operation. The amount of fuel needed is two reservoir of Jet Fuel (128,000 mb) and that'll process ~4.5 stacks of ore before one of the turbine runs out of fuel.

That seems a little inefficient.

Or at least, it might just make more sense to set up a nuclear reactor, which can output the same amount of power without the ludicrous fuel cost

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Now your challenge becomes automating a fuel production line that can keep up and a bore line that produces enough to justify it. Have fun.:)

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
It's AS2. I already have enough ender pearls.

And I found it out on a test world. On my actual playing world I haven't gotten that far.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
elf_joy.gif

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
That's cool but I am working towards complete universalization of all the ingots in my pack.
I discovered(realized) that Biomes o Plenty is useless and adds lots of laggy biomes. People using my pack don't want a world reset so I am just disabling a bunch of biomes for future users.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
[12:28:06] [Client thread/FATAL]: We know that there is a foreign reactor installed...
[12:28:30] [Client thread/FATAL]: Large Storage System? We can help to monitor that!

@xbony2 please :p

Reactions: xbony2 and xTordX

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
So i found out that it took two hours to double a world Interaction upgrade vie EE3...

I may or may not have made a 44 extraU cobble generator hook up to ME Interface. 12000 Cobble per second... And if I had the Ring of Loki I'll double it easy

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
I learned that the FTB launcher is messing up my forge version
You may want to tell the team about that in your submission thread. Also keep this in mind:
Modpack Guidelines said:
Forge Version: If you don't specify this, the current recommended version for the minecraft version of your pack will be used. This can change week to week and may break your pack if you do not specify.

Reactions: Type1Ninja