What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That is the perfect response to people who say "EE makes everything too easy." :p
I'm totally going to use that next time someone acts all superior - EE actually is really nice for getting enough building blocks (although setting up production lines for them is cool too, I guess).
Have you played with minechem? I find its a great compromise between EE and a complete lack thereof for peeps who get uppity about it.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Have you played with minechem? I find its a great compromise between EE and a complete lack thereof for peeps who get uppity about it.
Minechem is hard.

That's what they say. It IS complicated but worth getting into it.
I have actually played a lot with Minechem. It's an interesting concept, but personally, I found it clunky (plus people kept sticking singular vials of various chemicals into the AE. Not good for storage >.<). I was very amused when I was able to use a Steve's Carts tree farm to make a ridiculous, self-powering diamond machine. :)
Minechem was just a bit too complex and not very good for building blocks, though. Recently, I found Matter Overdrive, which is EE with an RF power requirement. It doesn't have good compatibility as of yet, but that can come with time/addons. :D
... Plus MO adds phasers, black holes, and turning yourself into an android. I gotta say, I'm hooked. :p

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I discovered a bug involving openperiherals and ae2.
If you place a chest next to an inscriber and use a function to place an item from the chest to the inscriber the inscriber doesn't know it now has items in it thus it will not start to craft even if it should be able to do so. I wonder if you could abuse this somehow

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That is the perfect response to people who say "EE makes everything too easy." :p
I'm totally going to use that next time someone acts all superior - EE actually is really nice for getting enough building blocks (although setting up production lines for them is cool too, I guess).

Precisely. I've played a lot of modpacks and it always ends up the same way for me... a crappy-looking base filled with all the machines and all the materials. I literally have a "pack rat" mentality. I'm a collector, not a creator. Well as I told my server-mates, now I have NO excuse for not building something that looks awesome.

I wouldn't want this ProjectE mod in every pack I play because it basically renders every other mod obsolete except power generation (which I guess I still need). But for this pack, and on this server, it's a really nice change, and a really nice challenge. I literally do not have a creative, imaginative bone in my body, but it's time to develop a little of it somehow.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet to see anyone who talks about colin post any sort of awesome AE2 builds. With all the new cables and glowing bits in AE2 it should be more than possible to build something that looks the part of a self aware computer, mad with power.