Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
RealKC, if you haven't already, read the short spoiler in the original post of this thread. It'll give you all you need to know about a basic WW game. (And feel free to ask lots of questions of course)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
They make hairy little children. :D

Jokes aside, how many are interested in playing a "TraitWolf" game? I'm still working out some details, but I thought I'd try a simpler form based around global thermonuclear war and randomly-chosen rogue nations. You'll even get to name your country and wear a title.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
They make hairy little children. :D

Jokes aside, how many are interested in playing a "TraitWolf" game? I'm still working out some details, but I thought I'd try a simpler form based around global thermonuclear war and randomly-chosen rogue nations. You'll even get to name your country and wear a title.

What's a traitwolf game?

I'm a huge fan of "simpler" forms of games, and obviously I like the idea of being Czar Pyure of Dinktronia.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Honestly this monocon game has been a blast.
Yeah I was gonna wait till it was over one way or the other, but its been an excellent game all around.

It got off to a good start with lots of actual real D1 activity.

Interestingly I voted the_J as my first target more or less randomly :p

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
What's a traitwolf game?

I'm a huge fan of "simpler" forms of games, and obviously I like the idea of being Czar Pyure of Dinktronia.
Basically, there are no fixed "roles", but rather everyone gets a random trait that works like a role. Even wolves get a trait each. All I have to do is work out a handful that aren't overpowering on either side, and run with it.

BTW, it's Rick Loomis' awesome card game Nuclear War and its expansions (specifically Nuclear Escalation, which introduced fake nations that each had a special ability,) that inspired me while I was still working out how to do a future Kobolds Ate My Baby themed game with this kind of strategy.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Basically, there are no fixed "roles", but rather everyone gets a random trait that works like a role. Even wolves get a trait each. All I have to do is work out a handful that aren't overpowering on either side, and run with it.

BTW, it's Rick Loomis' awesome card game Nuclear War and its expansions (specifically Nuclear Escalation, which introduced fake nations that each had a special ability,) that inspired me while I was still working out how to do a future Kobolds Ate My Baby themed game with this kind of strategy.
So... let me see how well I'm following this by making a few guesses:
  • Each player is assigned a random "trait", in addition to a "role". The role can be Village, Wolf, or Neutral, and basically determines win condition and whether or not you're in the wolf convo. Traits can be things like Seer, Bodyguard, etc. and act like powers in typical WW games. Basically a game where the wolves are assigned village powers, too.
  • Players are randomly assigned to "nations", each of which has its own "trait" that reads like a role. Players in the same nation share a convo and vote on how and upon whom to use their group trait. Each nation has its own win condition, which may or may not read like typical wolf or village win conditions.
  • Something entirely different from, and much more clever than, either of the above.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place

So, you mean you made up a name for your idea?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
It's better if I just work on the idea first, then show you.