Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Since there seems to be a want for a simple game, I'm going to run another iteration of murder at monocon!

(I'll convert this to a Gdoc list but for now this'll do)
Team Werewolf: Wins by killing all but the number of wolves. If there are 2 wolves, they need to kill all but 2. If this requirement is not met, then the wolves lose.

Werewolf: Generic wolf #1

Moon-moon: Must be dead for the wolf team to win.

Were-vamp: If this role is in play and the wolves fail to get a kill for whatever reason, the werevamp will kill a random player (whatever alignment) and reveal themselves to the town at the same time. If he attacks a vampire with this ability, he dies.

Team Villager: Must kill all wolves to win.

Chap: Generic villager. Can vote twice in one day once per game. This vote is done in secret through PM.

Investigator: The seer. Every night, the investigator checks a random person to see what team they're on.

Priest: Hands out blessings. He can only have one blessing active at a time. He can bless anyone including himself. Any blessed player will survive a single fatal event, be that a lynching, wolfkill, wasp poison, etc.

Muscle Man: The bodyguard. Can protect one player a night from being killed, but cannot protect the same person twice in a row. Whoever he blocks is disabled for a day and cannot use any of their abilities. If they are lynched, duels with the original accuser, being the first person who voted for them that day. Even if they change their vote later. When this happens, the muscle man has a 50% chance to survive the lynch and kill the accuser. Otherwise, they die like usual.

Medium: Once per game can ask a yes or no question to a random dead person. They don't know who, but they know what the person's alliance was. When killed, he can leave a 3-word message to the living.

Adulterer: Can kill one person per game. Once this power is used, the adulterer is converted to a murderer, and joins the criminals.

Team CROST (Chap Robbing Organization Syndicate Thingie): Wins individually. Players win by surviving to the end of the game. Every member loses if the investigator is alive at the end.

Identity theft: Generic criminal #1. Has the same extra vote as the villager.

The Unicorn: Can check one player per night to see their role. Can also make a player look like they're on a different team to the investigator. Power has a 25% failure rate.

The Wasp: Can kill one person per game, granted that player had voted to lynch the wasp at one point or another. The person is notified that they were poisoned and if the wasp dies that night, then the poisoned player will be cured.The poison takes a full day to take effect.

Vampire: feeds off of the blood of the dead. If nobody dies in any night, he kills a random player and reveals his identity to the town. If he kills a wolf, he dies.

Murderer: Converted adulterer. Nothing special. Looks like a chap when they're checked by the investigator.
Generic werewolf rules apply. There can and probably will be duplicate roles.

Notes: Removed lone wolf. I'm not a huge fan of wolves having a traitor to worry about. I also added a few roles from heaven and hell: the vampire, werevamp, and the priest. Also made the villager have an extra vote. As such, I removed the aristocrat as it was essentially the same thing but just slightly different. Also tweaked the muscle man to also roleblock those he protects to differentiate the role from the priest. Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Can't the priest just make himself permanently invincible?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Since there seems to be a want for a simple game, I'm going to run another iteration of murder at monocon!

(I'll convert this to a Gdoc list but for now this'll do)
Team Werewolf: Wins by killing all but the number of wolves. If there are 2 wolves, they need to kill all but 2. If this requirement is not met, then the wolves lose.

Were-vamp: If this role is in play and the wolves fail to get a kill for whatever reason, the werevamp will kill a random player (whatever alignment) and reveal themselves to the town at the same time. If he attacks a vampire with this ability, he dies.

Chap: Generic villager. Can vote twice in one day once per game. This vote is done in secret through PM.

Investigator: The seer. Every night, the investigator checks a random person to see what team they're on.

Priest: Hands out blessings. He can only have one blessing active at a time. He can bless anyone including himself. Any blessed player will survive a single fatal event, be that a lynching, wolfkill, wasp poison, etc.

Muscle Man: The bodyguard. Can protect one player a night from being killed, but cannot protect the same person twice in a row. Whoever he blocks is disabled for a day and cannot use any of their abilities. If they are lynched, duels with the original accuser, being the first person who voted for them that day. Even if they change their vote later. When this happens, the muscle man has a 50% chance to survive the lynch and kill the accuser. Otherwise, they die like usual.

Medium: Once per game can ask a yes or no question to a random dead person. They don't know who, but they know what the person's alliance was. When killed, he can leave a 3-word message to the living.

Adulterer: Can kill one person per game. Once this power is used, the adulterer is converted to a murderer, and joins the criminals.

Team CROST (Chap Robbing Organization Syndicate Thingie): Wins individually. Players win by surviving to the end of the game. Every member loses if the investigator is alive at the end.

The Unicorn: Can check one player per night to see their role. Can also make a player look like they're on a different team to the investigator. Power has a 25% failure rate.

The Wasp: Can kill one person per game, granted that player had voted to lynch the wasp at one point or another. The person is notified that they were poisoned and if the wasp dies that night, then the poisoned player will be cured.The poison takes a full day to take effect.

Vampire: feeds off of the blood of the dead. If nobody dies in any night, he kills a random player and reveals his identity to the town. If he kills a wolf, he dies.

Murderer: Converted adulterer. Nothing special. Looks like a chap when they're checked by the investigator.
Generic werewolf rules apply. There can and probably will be duplicate roles.

Notes: Removed lone wolf. I'm not a huge fan of wolves having a traitor to worry about. I also added a few roles from heaven and hell: the vampire, werevamp, and the priest. Also made the villager have an extra vote. As such, I removed the aristocrat as it was essentially the same thing but just slightly different. Also tweaked the muscle man to also roleblock those he protects to differentiate the role from the priest. Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Question: How, exactly, does the wolf win condition work? Is it "The wolves win when there are at most N living players," or "The wolves win when there are at most N living non-wolf players," or "The wolves win if all players in the game, except N, have been directly killed by the wolves"? I'm guessing the second one, since for option 3 they'd have to somehow stop the lynch to have any chance of winning.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Question: How, exactly, does the wolf win condition work? Is it "The wolves win when there are at most N living players," or "The wolves win when there are at most N living non-wolf players," or "The wolves win if all players in the game, except N, have been directly killed by the wolves"? I'm guessing the second one, since for option 3 they'd have to somehow stop the lynch to have any chance of winning.
When number of villagers = number of wolves, wolves win. Pretty standard fare.

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, Definetly going great here.

Due to real life problems i can not host my game this exact moment. I'm sorry, But whoever is next can go.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
From my understanding it protects from ONE attack.
If blessed player is poisoned + wolfkilled, blessed player = dead.
Swap one of those two events with a lynch and you achieve the same goal.
That means if the priest reveal himself to be lynched as a way to publicy prove himself, he'll eventually get killed.
Unless the town manage to kill the wasp first and keep the higher hand on lynches.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
He could sure, but at the expense of the town. If he's only blessing himself, he can't bless anyone else. Also, lynch always comes first in my games. To protect from a lynch on D2, he'd have to bless himself on D1. I'll change the blessing to be at a random position in the night too, as to make it not entirely godlike.

Here's the order I'm thinking of: Lynch, muscle man, wasp, blessing, investigator/unicorn, adulterer, wolf kill, vampire attack.

The wolves win if there are less than or equal to N villagers alive actually. N being the number of living wolves. This allows the wolves and CROST to form an alliance if they want to. However, if there are less villagers than wolves alive at the end, then one or two CROST people will have to do.

In the lore of this game, vampires and werewolves are a fact of life, and we've set up protocols to deal with them. Not all of them being pretty. If the authorities know that there is a wolf within a building but don't know who, the protocol is to seal off the building and purge everyone inside. It's too dangerous to let the wolves roam free. This process takes a while though, at least a week. Probably more. However, if the people inside can kill the wolves and show proof of that, then there's no need for a purge. The wolves win when there's exactly X villagers left because when all the townsfolk are dead, the wolves infect and kill the remaining N villagers, and show them to the cops as proof the wolves are dead.

Of course if there's 2 wolves and one villager, the wolf team wins, but the one of the individual wolves dies in the lore.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Okay, that may have gotten a bit confusing. Okay, the general wolf victory thing applies, if there are at most N villagers alive, the wolves win. The individual survival in the story however depends on the exact number of villagers left. Of course if the wolves overpower the village, it's going to feel like a victory no matter what happens in the story.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
He could sure, but at the expense of the town. If he's only blessing himself, he can't bless anyone else. Also, lynch always comes first in my games. To protect from a lynch on D2, he'd have to bless himself on D1. I'll change the blessing to be at a random position in the night too, as to make it not entirely godlike.

Here's the order I'm thinking of: Lynch, muscle man, wasp, blessing, investigator/unicorn, adulterer, wolf kill, vampire attack.

The wolves win if there are less than or equal to N villagers alive actually. N being the number of living wolves. This allows the wolves and CROST to form an alliance if they want to. However, if there are less villagers than wolves alive at the end, then one or two CROST people will have to do.

In the lore of this game, vampires and werewolves are a fact of life, and we've set up protocols to deal with them. Not all of them being pretty. If the authorities know that there is a wolf within a building but don't know who, the protocol is to seal off the building and purge everyone inside. It's too dangerous to let the wolves roam free. This process takes a while though, at least a week. Probably more. However, if the people inside can kill the wolves and show proof of that, then there's no need for a purge. The wolves win when there's exactly X villagers left because when all the townsfolk are dead, the wolves infect and kill the remaining N villagers, and show them to the cops as proof the wolves are dead.

Of course if there's 2 wolves and one villager, the wolf team wins, but the one of the individual wolves dies in the lore.
Goreae, I wanna provide feedback too. Can you re-post your most updated version with the clarifications you've made? (Note that all clarifications need to be present in the documentation).

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Goreae, I wanna provide feedback too. Can you re-post your most updated version with the clarifications you've made? (Note that all clarifications need to be present in the documentation).
That I shall!
Team Werewolf: Wins by outnumbering or equaling the chaps. However, if there are less non-wolves than wolves, some wolves may die in the epilogue.

Were-vamp: If this role is in play and the wolves fail to get a kill for whatever reason, the werevamp will kill a random player (whatever alignment) and reveal themselves to the town at the same time. If he attacks a vampire with this ability, he dies. If he fails to get a kill with his ability, he dies.

Investigator: The seer. Every night, the investigator checks a player of their choice to see what team they're on.

Priest: Hands out blessings. He can only have one blessing active at a time. He can bless anyone except himself. Any blessed player will survive a single fatal event, be that a lynching, wolfkill, wasp poison, etc. A player cannot be blessed the same night they used a blessing. Meaning you can't survive two kills in one night.

Muscle Man: The bodyguard. Can stand outside the door of one player a night. This player then cannot use their night powers and is immune from night powers. If the muscle man is lynched, he duels with the original accuser, being the first person who voted for them that day. Even if they change their vote later. When this happens, the muscle man kills the accuser in the duel and survives to live another day.

Adulterer: Can kill one person per game. Once this power is used, the adulterer is converted to a murderer, and joins team CROST, switching to their win condition.

Nobody: Nobody actually has this role, but he's the bellhop who's been embezzling from the hotel. This is the typical nobody.

Identity theif: Generic criminal #1. Has the same extra vote as the villager.

The Unicorn: Can check one player per night to see their role. Also has 3 decoys he can use to change how the searched player looks to the investigator. The possible roles to change to are Chap, Identity theif, or Wolf. This does not affect that player's role or win condition, only what the investigator sees when he scans that player.

Vampire: feeds off of the blood of the dead. If nobody dies in any night, he kills a random player and reveals his identity to the town. If he kills a wolf, he dies. If he fails to get a kill when it triggers, he dies.

Order of Operations: Lynch, muscle man, wasp, blessing, investigator/unicorn, adulterer, wolf kill, vampire attack.
Chap and ID theft votes are technically day powers and activate during the lynch.

There can and probably will be duplicate roles. However, there are only one unicorn, wasp, and moon-moon.
Standard werewolf rules apply. One note being the wolves do not need to make an attack each night if they don't want to.
There is a nobody. If he's killed, it counts as a mortal kill to vampires.
Let me know if I missed anything. I also added in that if a vamp kill gets triggered but the vamp doesn't get a kill, they die. As such, the nobody counts as a kill.

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
what about my feedback on priest's blessing, goreae?
It says in the roleshet that a blessed player will survive a single fatal event. So if they have two fatal events, they're dead. Just like you said. Plus if a priest is only blessing themselves, then they aren't helping anybody but themselves, which seems like a waste of a powerful ability.

Also, if a priest reveals themselves as a priest or as a wolf to prove himself, the wolves are probably going to attack that night to off them.

Though I've also edited the rolesheet to say that someone can't be blessed the same night they used a blessing. For example, if a priest survives a lynch through a blessing, they can't bless themselves right before the wolfkill. They could bless someone else though.

Last edited:

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
That I shall!
Team Werewolf: Wins by outnumbering or equaling the chaps. However, if there are less non-wolves than wolves, some wolves may die in the epilogue.

Were-vamp: If this role is in play and the wolves fail to get a kill for whatever reason, the werevamp will kill a random player (whatever alignment) and reveal themselves to the town at the same time. If he attacks a vampire with this ability, he dies. If he fails to get a kill with his ability, he dies.

Priest: Hands out blessings. He can only have one blessing active at a time. He can bless anyone including himself. Any blessed player will survive a single fatal event, be that a lynching, wolfkill, wasp poison, etc. A player cannot be blessed the same night they used a blessing. Meaning you can't survive two kills in one night.

Muscle Man: The bodyguard. Can stand outside the door of one player a night. This player then cannot use their night powers and is immune from night powers. If the muscle man is lynched, he duels with the original accuser, being the first person who voted for them that day. Even if they change their vote later. When this happens, the muscle man has a 50% chance to survive the lynch and kill the accuser. Otherwise, they die like usual.

Nobody: Nobody actually has this role, but he's the bellhop who's been embezzling from the hotel. This is the typical nobody.

Vampire: feeds off of the blood of the dead. If nobody dies in any night, he kills a random player and reveals his identity to the town. If he kills a wolf, he dies. If he fails to get a kill when it triggers, he dies.

Order of Operations: Lynch, muscle man, wasp, blessing, investigator/unicorn, adulterer, wolf kill, vampire attack.
Chap and ID theft votes are technically day powers and activate during the lynch.

There can and probably will be duplicate roles. However, there are only one unicorn, wasp, and moon-moon.
Standard werewolf rules apply. One note being the wolves do not need to make an attack each night if they don't want to.
There is a nobody. If he's killed, it counts as a mortal kill to vampires.
Let me know if I missed anything. I also added in that if a vamp kill gets triggered but the vamp doesn't get a kill, they die. As such, the nobody counts as a kill.
I thought you removed moon moon?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Werewolf -
Moon-Moon - Traitor role? How does Moon-Moon win?
Were-Vamp - Consider making some sort of order-of-kill list instead of RNG. "Will kill the first surviving member of this list: Chap, Medium, Priest, Moon-moon, Murderer…."
Team Villager -
Chap -
Investigator - Random? "Last night you decided to investigate Pyure because I told you so. He was a Were-Vamp"
Priest - All Priests will always permanently protect themselves. This isn't great.
Muscle Man - RNG rolls suck so hard. Stop letting the GM decide who lives and dies.
Medium - Do they know the person's alliance before or after they ask the question?
Adulterer - Change to "And joins Team Crost, switching to their Win conditions"

Identity theft - Rename to Identity Thief
The Unicorn - If you don't like rolling dice, consider replacing with a number-of-uses
The Wasp - Is this sequence correct? Note two actions on D1.
  • D1: Pyure votes Vikestep
  • D1: Vikestep poisons Pyure (since he saw Pyure's vote)
  • D2: GM to Pyure: "You have been poisoned and must kill the Wasp tonight to survive"
  • D3: GM to All: "Pyure was killed by a Wasp"
Vampire - Sucks that the GM decides who the random kill is. Granted this shouldn't happen much.
Murderer -

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Werewolf -
Moon-Moon - Traitor role? How does Moon-Moon win?
Were-Vamp - Consider making some sort of order-of-kill list instead of RNG. "Will kill the first surviving member of this list: Chap, Medium, Priest, Moon-moon, Murderer…."
Team Villager -
Chap -
Investigator - Random? "Last night you decided to investigate Pyure because I told you so. He was a Were-Vamp"
Priest - All Priests will always permanently protect themselves. This isn't great.
Muscle Man - RNG rolls suck so hard. Stop letting the GM decide who lives and dies.
Medium - Do they know the person's alliance before or after they ask the question?
Adulterer - Change to "And joins Team Crost, switching to their Win conditions"

Identity theft - Rename to Identity Thief
The Unicorn - If you don't like rolling dice, consider replacing with a number-of-uses
The Wasp - Is this sequence correct? Note two actions on D1.
  • D1: Pyure votes Vikestep
  • D1: Vikestep poisons Pyure (since he saw Pyure's vote)
  • D2: GM to Pyure: "You have been poisoned and must kill the Wasp tonight to survive"
  • D3: GM to All: "Pyure was killed by a Wasp"
Vampire - Sucks that the GM decides who the random kill is. Granted this shouldn't happen much.
Murderer -
  • Were-vamp: I'll consider making it kill a chap but if there are none, kill a wolf. But really, the vampire isn't picky. The lore behind it is he didn't get his meat for the night, so he kills the first person to cross his path, but it's a sloppy kill and his identity is revealed.
  • Investigator: It really shouldn't say random I have no clue why it does.
  • Priest: Also, it seems strange that a priest can bless himself, since that's not really how blessings work in like anything.
  • Muscle man: thinking back on the lore, it makes little sense that the muscle man would lose the duel. I mean he's one tough dude.
  • Medium: After they ask. But the dead know all the secrets. Which reminds me, ghosting should be strictly prohibited.
  • adulterer: Gotcha,
  • Identity theif: yay typos
  • Unicorn: I'm considering making the safecracking ability always work, but make the role coverup limited. That's really the powerful part of the role.
  • Wasp: that is correct. If the wasp is killed on D2, pyure would be spared. Also, if the poison was on D3 and the vote was D2, then that would be valid as well.
  • Vampire: as I said with the werevamp, the vampire acts out of desperation not intent.
I'll edit the above post with these changes.