Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome! Due to hostile takeover the request of J, the place for sorting through all of the werewolf games is being replaced and switching owners. The old organization thread is here. It's still there. Ooh, the rich history. Look at it. Bask in it.

To those of you who misclicked on your way to the Moderators thread... Hi! Ever seen one of these games before? Last Will & Testament? Murder at Monocon? Cough cough Unfairwolf? If you're confused, look no further! Our very own @Pyure wrote a guide that I'm totally not ripping from the old thread.

In a werewolf game, players are divided into 2 or more groups. These are generally "good guys" (villagers) and "bad guys" (wolves) although these names and their composition will vary from game to game. There will typically be an approximate ratio of 4 villagers to 1 wolf.]

Players are usually assigned further into "roles". Roles can vary greatly from game to game, and frequently have "powers" or other rules assigned to them. Some standard examples include:
  • Seer: Every night can divine someone's true identity (Will message the GM (person running the game) and say "Tell me Bob's identity tonight")
  • Bodyguard: Can opt to protect a person from being killed at night, sometimes at risk of their own life (Will message the GM and say "Would like to protect Bob tonight")
Note that these roles may exist by different names or slightly varied rules. Additionally, there may be more than one player assigned to a given role (there may be two seers, or three bodyguards.) The players are not (usually) told beforehand how many of each role are present in the game.

When the game begins, the wolves all know who each other are. They will have a private conversation where they can coordinate and strategize with each other. The villagers on the other hand will have no idea who anyone is and must try to figure it out as the game proceeds.

Every day the town (villagers + wolves) have to vote on who they're going to lynch (kill, remove from game). The wolves are generally going to try to guide the voting so that a villager is lynched. The villagers will be trying to identify and lynch a wolf. This process involves a lot of bitching and arguing and lying and debating. Players will be having sneaky conversations pretending to be this role or that and generally trying to guide the voting their way.

At the same time, the wolves privately vote on one player to kill, who will typically (and obviously) tend to be a villager.

At the end of the 24 hour period, the GM goes over the day's activities. Depending on the rules, they'll tabulate the votes, kill someone via a lynch, kill someone via the wolves, and smite (kill) anyone caught breaking the rules. Then the next day starts. (A game day usually reflects a real-life day, and begins and ends at a time of the GM's choosing.)

The game ends when any preset victory conditions are met (all the wolves are dead, all the villagers are dead, etc).

Mmm, tutorials.

The illustrious GM runs the game. You could be one, reader! Yes, you! You just need to be a competent player with a few games under your belt. Ask nicely here in this thread and you'll be right on your way. It's easy! Just look at these clowns.

Poke Shazam if he forgets to update this once in a while
  1. Staxed, "The Werewolf has returned!"
  2. Staxed, "Werewolves- They'll eat you for dinner!"
  3. goreae, "Murder at Monocon"
  4. the_j485, "Bandits in Sanctuary"
  5. Staxed, "Were be the wolves?"
  6. Shazam08, "Beware, wolf!"
  7. Vikestep, "Skyrim-Themed Edition"
  8. SkeletonPunk, "Dawn of the Wolfos"
  9. Shazam08, "I Declare, Wolf!"
  10. Exedra, "Hope +1"
  11. goreae, "Heaven and Hell"
  12. Gideonseymour, "Last Will and Testament"
  13. the_j485, "Trouble in Roarhaven"
  14. 016Nojr, "Town of Salem"
  15. chbachman, "Secret"
  16. Shazam08, "Unfair, wolf!"
  17. RJS, "Little Town of Helyr"
  18. Jus2Beast, "Siege of the Wolves"
  19. LivingAngryCheese, "The One We Don't Speak Of"
  20. trajing, "Speaker for the Dead"
  21. Vikestep, "The Strategists"
  22. chbachman, "Home of the Scraps"
  23. Pyure, "The Purification"
  24. RJS, "Paranormal Activity"
  25. trajing, "Speaker for the Dead 2"
  26. chbachman, "Amnesiacs"
  27. ljfa, "Villagers vs. Zombies"
  28. Fraction2, "Priest of Lycan"
  29. LivingAngryCheese, "Purification II"
  30. Gideonseymour, "Firelight"
  31. Shazam, "Ayre, wolf!"
  32. trajing, "Another Basic Game"
  33. Fraction2, "Super Simple"
  34. goreae, "Law of the Land"
  35. dylanpiera, "Werewolves of Wakkerdam"
  36. Someone Else 37, "Mirran Altsanity"
  37. Exedra, "Cardwolf"
  38. RJS, "Convocation of Souls"
  39. dylanpiera, "Pokewolf Revamped"
  40. trajing & Shazam08, "Deceptionwolf"
  41. the_j485, "Switchwolf"
  42. Exedra, "Cardwolf the 2nd"
  43. dylanpiera, "Werewolf Evolved"
  44. TheEpic5, "Teamwolf"
  45. Vikestep, "Turnabout Werewolf: A Phoenix Wright Themed Werewolf"
  46. VictiniX888, "Fire Emblem: Werewolf Edition"
  47. VictiniX888, "Fire Emblem: Path of Wolfyness"
  48. sgbros1, "WeRewolPh!"
  49. Someone Else 37, "Tarkirwolf"
  50. dylanpiera, "Werewolves of Wakkerdam: Electric Boogaloo"
  51. Lethosos, "Spywolf"
  52. dylanpiera, "100th Hunger Games"
  53. Someone Else 37, "Tarkirwolf 2"
  54. dylanpiera, "Pokewolf: The Elements and their Guardians"
  55. Sorazodia, "Werewolf!"
  56. LivingAngryCheese, "Purification III: Together Against the Apocalypse"
  57. dragon_fang101, "Townwolf"
  58. dylanpiera, "MannUp Wolf 2"
  59. RJS, "NSAWolf"
  60. Lethosos, "SpyWolf 2"
  61. Fraction2, "Battle of Verdun"
  62. dylanpiera, "No-no's of the Nations: The Re-Happening"
  63. TheEpic5, "Looking Out: Is Nobody Here?"
  64. goreae, "Murder at Monocon"
  65. the_j485, "Fullmetal Werewolf: Brotherhood"
  66. Someone Else 37, "Moonwolf"
  67. RJS, "Hellsing: The Battle of London"
  68. goreae, "Chaos in Wolfville"
  69. Eruantien, "Yomawolf"
  70. Shazam08, "Share, wolf: Villagers vs. Zombies!"
  71. goreae, "Chaos in Wolfville"
  72. LivingAngryCheese, "Trials of Murder"
  73. goreae, "Seconded Beta!"
  74. dylanpiera, "Werewolves the matrix"
  75. RealKC, "Beginner's Quest"
  76. Exedra, "Cardwolf III"
  77. Goreae, "Murder at Monocon"
  78. dylanpiera, "Gotham: A Game of Mafia"
  79. RealKC, "THIS IS CORRUPTION!"
  80. Goreae, "The Circle"
  81. VictiniX888, "Not Really Werewolf"
  82. dylanpiera, "Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus"
  83. Someone Else 37, "Moonwolf 2"
  84. Robijnvogel, "Blindwolves"
  85. Erindalc, "Trouble in Terrorist Town"
  86. Bigdbigd03, "WTKS"
  87. RJS, "Auctionwolf"
  88. RealKC, "Dared my Best Friend"
  89. Robijnvogel, "A Lover's Game"
  90. Erindalc, "Trouble in Terrorist Town 2"
  91. Someone Else 37, "Chromawolf"
  92. Robijnvogel, "Stormwolves"
  93. fowltief, "Electionwolf"
  94. erindalc, "Classic Werewolf"

We've also probably got a game in progress at this very moment. Wow, there it is! Right below. Hopefully.

latest

List fetish? You came to the right place. Here, have a GM queue.

1. *lone tumbleweed*

• Note! If you're strapped for ideas, look up one of our older games (See "Past games") and re-run it. Make sure to check with the original creator first, if they're still active.
  • Note 2! If all else fails, run a concept game. Take a base of pretty generic roles (like ToS Classic mode), then apply one rule that's worth testing (i.e. "No networking", "Each convo must have three players", "In addition to normal win conditions, a player must survive to the end to win", etc.)
  • Note 3! There's a section for filler games under "Tools for GMs". Go check in there.

More you say? Boom, basic manners. I'll paraphrase J to make this thread slightly original:
  • Bandwagoning. It's when you vote for someone because someone else has voted for them. Think for yourself, reader.
  • Antismiting is when you vote for someone for the sole purpose of avoiding a smite for that day. It's alright, we know you're busy sometimes. Life happens. Just make sure your vote's on someone in no danger of being lynched.
  • Throw out a reason with your vote! Preferably a good logical one. If you don't like the guy, make up something to justify your death sentence. Tell a story about how his great uncle Marvin once insulted your family. Does it matter? Go for it.
  • Ghosting! It's when you talk in the thread after you die. Some GMs are stricter about it than others cough Vikestep, but it's usually frowned on when overdone. The general rule is to leave out any useful information and drop an "OOoooOoooOooo" with your post.
  • Don't act like a wolf if you aren't one. You'll be lynched and complain about it when you're dead. Tough luck.
This is a thing now. It's stuff for people with games. I'm descriptive.

Happy hunting!

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Opting in!
Also, I'm doing SftD2 with some minor changes! Add me to the queue!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Good that's my preference

So Demons are like neutrals but with a collective win condition to beat the villagers.

Getting team ratios right may be tricky. I can't imagine you'd want more than 2 total demons (1 demon 1 heretic) for a <16 player game.

Also, can you clarify the Villager "power" please?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Good that's my preference

So Demons are like neutrals but with a collective win condition to beat the villagers.

Getting team ratios right may be tricky. I can't imagine you'd want more than 2 total demons (1 demon 1 heretic) for a <16 player game.

Also, can you clarify the Villager "power" please?
Basically, any time a powered town role is killed through whatever means, a random villager is selected and inherits that role. Of course, that random villager could be a heretic.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
So both demons and werewolves are "allies" huh? {shared win condition}
The vampires are just neutral "sandbags" that could be tossed around for reasons, nicely done.

I'd like to make the vampire turn people into vampires after the second drink.
Villager vampires have not only to survive by drinking (they would die the same way the "master" vampire would) and win with the village (can be healed by a doctor).

And @Shazam08 , nice accessory you got there, alongside your usual ones.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting suggestion, think I might add it in.

Also, I realised that I forgot to add the items in. Quick change necessitated.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so Vampire has been overhauled a little, Items have been added, and some inconsistencies cleared up (such as the Vampire effectively having to eliminate the town in order to win).

@Shazam08 The Demon redirects their power AND makes them look demonic to a Priest (who gets a demonic/not demonic result). The Demon does not cause them to look demonic to a seer.