Unique Energy, Your Set-Ups and Plans.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if there is a way to power things off of liquid dye, because I'm planning to have huge tanks of that stuff for a rainbow factory type thing, and it would be nice to use.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if there is a way to power things off of liquid dye, because I'm planning to have huge tanks of that stuff for a rainbow factory type thing, and it would be nice to use.
and once they flow you might not be able to use although that would be cool you could make a giant unicorn puking rainbows of color

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, I might have missed that in this thread, but there could be a fairly potent energy source:

generate a new mystcraft age, that contains a lot of forest-biomes and so (plants)... explore it a bit, maybe plant tons of silverwood trees.. and then set up a magic energy absorber + some lightning rods + an IDSU (or power crystals converters steam + liquid tesseract, or the MFR oil fabicator + liquid tesseract).

the magic energy absorber sucks every bit of aura out of that world (the aura nodes), and the lightning rods with the thunderstorms, which are caused by all the flux... well, I don't need to explain that.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
and once they flow you might not be able to use although that would be cool you could make a giant unicorn puking rainbows of color
All my yes. Although I might now have a giant unicorn, but flowing rainbows for what is essentially a rainbow factory in a cloudy skybase would be awesome. I can't wait for placeables.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
really? since it just affects the single chunk that is loaded in this other mystcraft age...

(never played ftb on a server)
I don't think so unless the age had it's own resources to use.. Cause everything that happen on the server is going to affect the overall usage so it's doesn't matter. Those lava pumps in the Nether even though only happens there causes lag in the Overworld. I think the GT pump fix a good bit of the problem of major lava lag. (it's leave a hole without any flowing lava when it's done)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently found out about a mod called Netherstuffs, and one of the features is a way to generate MJ from souls. And one of the very handy addon bits in it is a way to turn souls from Harken Scythe into it's liquid soul stuff.
So it looks like I'll be achieving my goal here. Running my base off the the souls of the dammed, and every now and then I have to run out and gather more souls to keep the machines running.
I'll have to get some images for y'all once I have my base set up.

Reactions: Anubis

OfficialD4

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently found out about a mod called Netherstuffs, and one of the features is a way to generate MJ from souls. And one of the very handy addon bits in it is a way to turn souls from Harken Scythe into it's liquid soul stuff.
So it looks like I'll be achieving my goal here. Running my base off the the souls of the dammed, and every now and then I have to run out and gather more souls to keep the machines running.
I'll have to get some images for y'all once I have my base set up.

Uhh, I've never heard of any of this which, of course, peeked my interest. I'd love to hear/see more!

Thanks for contributing!

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
i use a reactor that uses thorium and runs full cycle, I have a cubic fuckton of thorium,
I need to add new rods once in a blue moon,

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Something to try is the 1.5 GT fusion reactor, could someone tell me if these large reactors are even worth for very compact eu per meter spent on the space needed for building it and fuel production line?? I think they actually nerfed now for what's you need. I don't care how much UUM it's take I just want to make sure it's actually more power per cubic meter than USPs even though they only work when they clear view of sky. They put out at least 1 eu/t per cubic meter. The current reactors can give you about double that if you can compact 4 on a chunk maybe even 6 or 8 with fuel production included.

I've just finished making one of these (the new style fusion reactor is actually in the 1.4.7 version of gregtech included in the 1.0.2 ultimate pack) and I really don't think it is worth the effort - by the time you have the resource throughput to make it you are going to have enough power capability that you don't need it - the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to remake my 3x3 chunk forestry multifarm (Custom bred tree + Peat for dirt supply) into a 3x3 chunk bee power everything out of boredom with the help of my buddy in his bee breeding business. So far only 7 alveary is made and is going to make it into an autocraft process

Sitting at ~20 stack UU but I decide not to use solar power because that is boring. Thinking about the nuclear reactor next in case I am in mood in building a nuclear mothership

On topic: I have made a "Gregtech style water-EU generator": Water cell into Industrial electrolyzer, which is then sent to the IC2 electrolyzer to give out EU, pump back the water cell into the ind. electrolyzer. It is EU positive if you use it on MFSU: Each electrolyzed water cell gives 18k EU while electrolyzing water cell takes around 16k EU. It is purely for fun because the efficiency is horrific for the cost it takes to make

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, I might have missed that in this thread, but there could be a fairly potent energy source:

generate a new mystcraft age, that contains a lot of forest-biomes and so (plants)... explore it a bit, maybe plant tons of silverwood trees.. and then set up a magic energy absorber + some lightning rods + an IDSU (or power crystals converters steam + liquid tesseract, or the MFR oil fabicator + liquid tesseract).

Not gonna work. Silverwood trees don't create new vis, they get it from other nodes nearby (which get it from other nodes, etc.). And vis doesn't replenish itself so it's a finite resource.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
true, that's why I wrote that the world should be explored. since (as far as I understand) nodes drain vis from other nearby nodes

but after the mystcraft world is emptied, you can discard it and generate a new one.

the only thing is: these generators and so, they are pretty expensive (iridium and so).

another yet similar idea would be: kill the enderdragon without killing to many of those healing crystals. and then use those healing crystals together with the magic energy absorber.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Not gonna work. Silverwood trees don't create new vis, they get it from other nodes nearby (which get it from other nodes, etc.). And vis doesn't replenish itself so it's a finite resource.

not 100% accurate, crystal clusters create new vis, 1 vis every 3 or 5 minutes, I forget. Get enough clusters up on your walls you can generate it at a fairy decent rate.

Reactions: Anubis

Templar Thano

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone watched Berserkenstein's video? Because that setup and area is incredibly impressive. Just thought I'd say something as its really is quite amazing, great builds, clever mod integration and generally good aesthetics are each rare but you've managed to tick all those boxes. Really has inspired me to aim a little larger in 1.5 :)

I agree his base is rather impressive, I particularly loved his use of IC2 construction items (IE: Construction foam, scaffolding, paint) a seemingly underutilized feature of IC2. Berserkenstein thank you for sharing that video it has given me alot of inspiration for my new world

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. that's because no one cares about Power loops then they don't paint their cables to keep them from looping.

Raefar

Jul 29, 2019
Atm Im working on setting up a nether star farm to use with a few magic energy converters. I'm already using a ender man farm and blaze farm to make Ender Eyes which give 20,000 EU per eye at 24-EU a tick however the 10Mill EU from one nether star is so...