Unique Energy, Your Set-Ups and Plans.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So, just found out(not really, but it was today) that GregTech can make EU with that Ars Magicka Vintenusahj dust stuff, both refined and not refined. Clearly refined is the better choice, so I'll make a farm soon.

Yeah and it makes a LOT of EU. I'm probably going to do this myself. Especially if you can fabricate the compound directly.

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah and it makes a LOT of EU. I'm probably going to do this myself. Especially if you can fabricate the compound directly.

It's a shame the magic energy converters only output 24 eu/t. Better to stick some covers on them to increase efficiency.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame the magic energy converters only output 24 eu/t. Better to stick some covers on them to increase efficiency.
Yeah it's a pity, as it would be nice to power my matterfab. Maybe I'll make another 7... but I don't really feel like making more teleporters.

[edit]
Here's a few shots of my energy generation:
2013-06-06_09.00.18.png2013-06-06_09.00.32.png2013-06-06_09.00.49.png2013-06-06_09.01.18.png2013-06-06_09.02.05.png

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
Mind you, the first thing I try and do when my server restarts is to kill the dragon before anyone else. The dragon egg siphon (GT) has been buffed to 1024 eu/t. It causes a massive amount of flux, so i'm going to stick it in the nether and implement a cross-dimensional lapotron crystal charge station.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Just thinking, aside from the nether star, the magic energy converter is pretty cheap, right? Advanced circuits, a lapotronic upgrade, a teleporter and some thaumium? Isn't that actually pretty easy to get, then? Yes, the nether star requires a wither(or dirty tricks which likely don't work anymore), but even that's somewhat easy to get now.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
You people think so small.

Where the magic converter is at is a crying game... The power is there, in spades.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You people think so small.

Where the magic converter is at is a crying game... The power is there, in spades.
I like small, dependable sources of energy. Also I have no clue what you're talking about. I suppose I might if I understood what a "crying game" was, aside from a movie with a plot twist which got spoiled for many people by careless jerks. Apparently a good movie even if you know the twist.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I like small, dependable sources of energy. Also I have no clue what you're talking about. I suppose I might if I understood what a "crying game" was, aside from a movie with a plot twist which got spoiled for many people by careless jerks. Apparently a good movie even if you know the twist.

Or it could be ghast tears.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose I might as well use my magic energy converter. It and my netherstars are currently doing no on any good sitting in chests. Except now netherstars are useful for dartcraft magnet gloves, woot! (plus it's always good to have a few on hand for messing around with tconstruct)

Oh and I have way too many ghast tears :D. (Until I start turning them into powah...)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose I might as well use my magic energy converter. It and my netherstars are currently doing no on any good sitting in chests. Except now netherstars are useful for dartcraft magnet gloves, woot! (plus it's always good to have a few on hand for messing around with tconstruct)

Oh and I have way too many ghast tears :D. (Until I start turning them into powah...)
I guess I have a outdated version of GT already. Fun fun fun.

OfficialD4

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I've been MIA recently from the FTB scene.

Great to see you guys are still exploring all of your options in relation to energy creation within the various mods.

I'd love to hear more! Our server will be starting back up with the next update to the Ultimate pack and when this occurs, I will most definitely be more active with this game again!

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using the Beta pack for 1.5.2 (v0.5), and I have a single 9x9 MFR tree farm with no fertilizer, fed by 2 force engines using water and MFR biofuel. Not automated fully yet, but this is my beginning power supply. I have way too much wood and have been turning it into charcoal, running off the same line as the farm. I haven't found a single diamond yet nor have I visited the nether.

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
a way to do it that i thought of is by expirience (uuuhm thats wrong) and a magic energy absorber just T5 spawner melee turtles xp turtle autoenchanting stuff wich is put into thee magic energy absorber that would work wouldnt it

(i think this is exually a new idea that i came up with i feel soooooo special :) )

Drkevlar

Jul 29, 2019
I've got 7.2k mB/t of steam running through my liquid tesseracts and decided to hook up an factorization steam turbine.
Seems one steam turbine can easily produce enough power to get a constant stream of EV EU with power converters !

Hook it up to an oil generator and you have a nice compact positive feedback loop.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I like heading up to the laser drilling platform at 200-something, and jumping down and gliding. Kinetic generator gives me energy which feeds into energy cubes.
Efficient? No. Awesome? Hell fucking yes.
I also want to make a setup that fissions Blazes to use their blaze rods for making lava. Monkeyfarm did something like it in his FTB videos (that he needs to do more of ._.).

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Reactions: EternalDensity

Drkevlar

Jul 29, 2019
Bit offtopic but I guess I found the exploit:

AB
CD

A: Steam turbine
B: Factorization consumer
C: Steam producer
D: Energy bridge

Start the steam turbine with a bit of steam and this will run forever :eek:

----

Bit more ontopic:

Gregtech distillation tower seems to be really promising for a legit loop with nitro diesel, diesel generator and oil fabricator.