Totemic Discussion: Magical Totems

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
New build out, check the MCF post for details!
We now have a few models and a new totem!
And bug fixes among that ;)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
It's a nature based magical mod, why not xD
Also, these exist also because of i want to have 'unique properties' with them that vanilla ones wont have.
Like the drop I was talking about ;)
Fair enough, but can they at least have a different name than "Totem Trees"? Maybe like, Sacred Tree or something? I think if I ever would pick up a "Totem Sapling" I would just laugh.

Reactions: Padfoote

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough, but can they at least have a different name than "Totem Trees"? Maybe like, Sacred Tree or something? I think if I ever would pick up a "Totem Sapling" I would just laugh.

I have discovered that making up names and such for blocks, trees, and machines etc is very tough to be unique and original without being silly.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I have discovered that making up names and such for blocks, trees, and machines etc is very tough to be unique and original without being silly.
You'd think that'd be easy, but no. Coming up with Ecological Transmuter was the hardest thing ever.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
You'd think that'd be easy, but no. Coming up with Ecological Transmuter was the hardest thing ever.

See what I mean, even sine if the names I came up with for Zein's Necrology, like the trees.... it was never wracking. My head still hurts and I still don't like some of them.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If that doesn't seem appropriate, then you could always go for a random name too

I for instance like the ring of Thaldemer trees.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Totem Trees? Why not do a line of rare Infused Trees? Infused Oak, Infused Birch, etc. Then after you get a release you can add mod support for other trees.
Infused Trees would just drop a normal sapling, but through some mystic Totemic process, a sapling could be turned into its Infused counter part, keeping them rare.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Totem Trees? Why not do a line of rare Infused Trees? Infused Oak, Infused Birch, etc. Then after you get a release you can add mod support for other trees.
Infused Trees would just drop a normal sapling, but through some mystic Totemic process, a sapling could be turned into its Infused counter part, keeping them rare.
And you could add an infusion recipe for some thaumcraft integration

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Good idea :p
Just gonna go for the current (and more simple :) ) version.
Gonna do it in 'phases' in a sense, of improving creation of totems.
(Coding that many trees would make me go INSANE ._.)

Reactions: Padfoote

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Good idea :p
Just gonna go for the current (and more simple :) ) version.
Gonna do it in 'phases' in a sense, of improving creation of totems.
(Coding that many trees would make me go INSANE ._.)

That makes me more confident in all the trees I've added -_-

Reactions: Pokefenn

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Started a 1.7 port.
1.6 is still being maintained, just its not getting any content/features (unless its REALLY simple to add etc), bugs will all be fixed etc.
Totemic is now loading up in minecraft and some things working, if you are wondering :p

Reactions: Not_Steve