Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
still wondering why Mojang hasn't changed it so wolves attack skeletons and only villager zombies drop potatoes or carrots...
also baby villager zombies... I'm fine with the speed buff, but they should really have less health and should also burn in daylight

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
still wondering why Mojang hasn't changed it so wolves attack skeletons and only villager zombies drop potatoes or carrots...
also baby villager zombies... I'm fine with the speed buff, but they should really have less health and should also burn in daylight
wolves do attack skeletons IIRC, it was in a snapshot

Reactions: Padfoote

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
wolves do attack skeletons IIRC, it was in a snapshot

confirmed: Since release 1.8 (snapshot 14w10) all wolves attack and chase skeletons that will run away. When skeletons are safe from sunlight, and the wolf attacked one, they will shoot back at the wolf.

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
With a bit of design, thought, and ingenuity you can make anything work- thats the beauty of games like minecraft.
Pssht, design, thought, and ingenuity. Don't you know the point of the game is to climb tech trees using canned, out of the box solutions to invented problems? </sarc>

It bugs me that some people seem to think exclusively in those terms in modded MC. They'll spend days holed up in their base watching their processors trace out the same old predetermined paths, with barely any thought put into it. Then they reach the top of the tech tree and get bored. Sadly it's an easy trap to fall into, what with all the flashy endgame stuff nowadays... I myself have fallen into that sort of thinking a few times so I guess I'm not one to talk.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Pssht, design, thought, and ingenuity. Don't you know the point of the game is to climb tech trees using canned, out of the box solutions to invented problems? </sarc>

It bugs me that some people seem to think exclusively in those terms in modded MC. They'll spend days holed up in their base watching their processors trace out the same old predetermined paths, with barely any thought put into it. Then they reach the top of the tech tree and get bored. Sadly it's an easy trap to fall into, what with all the flashy endgame stuff nowadays... I myself have fallen into that sort of thinking a few times so I guess I'm not one to talk.

I do this. A lot. I can't help myself I'm a ... Tech-aholic :( *cries*

Seriously though, any advice to break the mould?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Hungry node then? I'd say nuke, but if I remember right, those now have an inventory you gotta fill.

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
Leave your base and do something outside? There are lots of mods that add really cool worldgen stuff nowadays, there's probably a decent amount of exploring to do, especially if you're playing with Biomes-o-plenty or something.

If you're playing multiplayer, go make some stuff for other people to use/interact with/look at. It doesn't have to be practical at all.

Also, I will concur that Forestry is good for encouraging you to start building mechanisms in world. Throw in your favorite pipes and overly-complicated redstone wiring for added fun.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Leave your base and do something outside? There are lots of mods that add really cool worldgen stuff nowadays, there's probably a decent amount of exploring to do, especially if you're playing with Biomes-o-plenty or something.

If you're playing multiplayer, go make some stuff for other people to use/interact with/look at. It doesn't have to be practical at all.

Also, I will concur that Forestry is good for encouraging you to start building mechanisms in world. Throw in your favorite pipes and overly-complicated redstone wiring for added fun.
I've always enjoyed playing anarchy servers and building structures for players to "interact with"......

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
There are more spam threads on the front page than actual threads
D1LjW4j.png

Reactions: pc_assassin