Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
There's always a small amount of nuggets left over in the TConstruct smeltery.

This can be avoided, but you need to change your own habits. When using TiCo smeltery, I always count it out before I put materials in.

For instance, I found 4 cobalt ore in the nether. So I dump them into the smelter. But lets think about this - four ores make eight ingots... which means I will have to stand there and click eight times and wait for the eight ingots to pour out, one at a time. UNLESS... I also throw one cobalt ingot into the smeltery along with the 4 ore blocks. Now I have nine ingot's worth of cobalt in there... which means I will only have to use one mouse click because I will use the block mold and pour out a full block of cobalt.

So there is an example of how we can turn eight mouse clicks into one mouse click, and save a lot of time and effort with just a little bit of planning.

tl;dr: Don't just dump all your stuff into the smeltery, think about it first!

Reactions: ApSciLiara

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There's always a small amount of nuggets left over in the TConstruct smeltery.
This can be avoided, but you need to change your own habits. When using TiCo smeltery, I always count it out before I put materials in.

For instance, I found 4 cobalt ore in the nether. So I dump them into the smelter. But lets think about this - four ores make eight ingots... which means I will have to stand there and click eight times and wait for the eight ingots to pour out, one at a time. UNLESS... I also throw one cobalt ingot into the smeltery along with the 4 ore blocks. Now I have nine ingot's worth of cobalt in there... which means I will only have to use one mouse click because I will use the block mold and pour out a full block of cobalt.

So there is an example of how we can turn eight mouse clicks into one mouse click, and save a lot of time and effort with just a little bit of planning.

tl;dr: Don't just dump all your stuff into the smeltery, think about it first!
Could you not just make a automated "drain system" that at the push of a button would drain all liquids out into casting tables to craft nuggets?(not sure if you can make recipe for nuggets, never tried).

Reactions: trajing and asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You can make a mold for nuggets, yes, and certainly have them automatically poured out I suppose. THe only time I use automation for TiCo is when I make that nice TiCo clear glass in mass quantity - hello autonomous activator. :)

Quite honestly... I've never bothered with nuggets anyways - it must be folks who have farms using those oreberry bushes. I always use full ore blocks and ingots when I smelt. I don't waste valuable time making an ore farm that will only give me nuggets. Not worth it. To each their own!

If I get a little blood, or a few nuggets, in my TiCo, here's what I do: break smeltery controller, pick up controller, replace controller, move on with my life. :)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
You can make a mold for nuggets, yes, and certainly have them automatically poured out I suppose. THe only time I use automation for TiCo is when I make that nice TiCo clear glass in mass quantity - hello autonomous activator. :)
any liquid mover can automate that...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
THe only time I use automation for TiCo is when I make that nice TiCo clear glass in mass quantity - hello autonomous activator. :)

Don't need an AA for that.

Pipe sand into the controller, fluiducts and servos to pump runny glass into casting basins, itemducts to shift solid glass blocks into storage

Or just get Colin to do it for you.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
SSP chunk loading errors - inexcusible game design from Mojang making single player run the same way as multiplayer (even tho I understand why they did it)

SMP lag and banned item lists - multiplayer is a nice idea since SSP is the loneliest game in the world, but with neverending lag and "banned item" lists... it just doesn't work all that well IMO.

When both SSP and SMP irk me to no end... maybe its time to give the game a rest.
The banned item thing bugs me to no end, especially when the list is extensive, and not just for things that are either world-killingly buggy, bypass protections and such, or nukes. If you want something like Pack X, but don't want, for example, EE because you think its game-breaking, Thaumcraft because of extra worldgen, and GregTech because its annoying, then make a private pack. Hell, with a little work between MultiMC and Dropbox, you could make it so your server's clients automatically update when you do, and only people you whitelist will have access to that particular feature, and only if they want it.

Honestly, if I ever get a decent amount of money of my own rolling in, I'd like to host my own modded server using a private pack and the above syncing option. Absolute minimum of restricted items, limited to only nukes (and explosives of comparable or superior power) and those blocks/items that either evade protections or are known to lead to world corruption.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Absolute minimum of restricted items, limited to only nukes (and explosives of comparable or superior power) and those blocks/items that either evade protections or are known to lead to world corruption.

Little boy, the atomic bomb dropped on hiroshima, had a yield in the region of 16 kilotons.

Banning nukes? How long would it take me to make, place and light 16000 blocks of TNT?

With magical crops and a builders wand?

I am nothing if not patient in my determination to produce exothermism.

(ed note: a 32x32x16 cuboid of TNT = 16384 blocks. May not fuck up the world but it will cause a ton of lag :p)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Little boy, the atomic bomb dropped on hiroshima, had a yield in the region of 16 kilotons.

Banning nukes? How long would it take me to make, place and light 16000 blocks of TNT?

With magical crops and a builders wand?

I am nothing if not patient in my determination to produce exothermism.

(ed note: a 32x32x16 cuboid of TNT = 16384 blocks. May not fuck up the world but it will cause a ton of lag :p)
At that point, I'd just roll back to an automated backup and ban your arse. Problem solved.