Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Why would you make a laser turtle in the first place...
Also, I though the context is a turtle that digs something.
Because mining turtles can't attack well and/or waste a bunch of energy in doing so? I don't know, I haven't tested it.
Also, lasers are way more fun than pickaxes.
Yes, I've been reading about Dwarf Fortress.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Displaced grass blocks, displaced grass blocks everywhere!

Ender Forest in a nutshell.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I did not know that. Do they need a one-off lubing like diamond gears or a constant supply? If the latter, where do I connect the lube tube (lol)?

Constant. If it's an HP turbine, it's the same location as the steam pipe IIRC.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
When you take a Redwood tree and hollow it out near the bottom and light the room with torches (on the wall only) there's always one little spot in the middle where monsters can spawn.

Reactions: CptSpike

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
They need lube now.

gynv4oY.jpg

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Constant. If it's an HP turbine, it's the same location as the steam pipe IIRC.

These are normal turbines. I've tried getting lubricant hose to attach to various points on the multiblock but can't seem to make it work...

UPDATE: having tongued the window extensively, I worked something out.

Turbines needing lubricant was introduced in v25, i'm still using v23c (because it's the default in Monster 1.1.2 and i'm incredibly lazy).

So it's not the lack of lubricant that's damaging my turbines. Back to the drawing board I guess...

Last edited:

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
When you take a Redwood tree and hollow it out near the bottom and light the room with torches (on the wall only) there's always one little spot in the middle where monsters can spawn.
So much this. Also, it's been said before, but lighting options in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ljfa

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Actually this spot seems to be negligible, as I didn't encounter any mob there so far (besides endermen because I'm on the edge of an ender forest).
If I wanted to (or rather: If I had melon seeds) I could build a magnum torch.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. Completely. 100%.

I hate to complain about Mojang because this game brings so much enjoyment, but yeah... the lighting algorithms they used just don't work very well.

I've been modding lately and I get the feeling they've kinda coded themselves into a corner with regards to the lighting algorithm. Which is a great shame, imagine light sources that propagate 20+ blocks ... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've been modding lately and I get the feeling they've kinda coded themselves into a corner with regards to the lighting algorithm. Which is a great shame, imagine light sources that propagate 20+ blocks ... :D

I have happy little dreams about us having large-area lighting options in Minecraft. But then I wake up and have to deal with the nightmare of our reality. :)

Reactions: CptSpike

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
These are normal turbines. I've tried getting lubricant hose to attach to various points on the multiblock but can't seem to make it work...

UPDATE: having tongued the window extensively, I worked something out.

Turbines needing lubricant was introduced in v25, i'm still using v23c (because it's the default in Monster 1.1.2 and i'm incredibly lazy).

So it's not the lack of lubricant that's damaging my turbines. Back to the drawing board I guess...

That means something is hitting the blades.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I can't see any obvious obstructions. The wide end of the turbine is immediately adjacent to the end wall of the turbine room though, could that be causing it?

It might be. Try bumping the wall out by one on either side to see if that helps. Also make sure there are no bats, since they like to destroy turbines.