Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
There's a uniquely simple solution to this particular issue:

http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/ME_Partition_Editor

Don't want messy storage with everything all over your disks in no particular order? Then don't just shove unformatted disks into the drive ;)
Yeah, but "Priority/Cell order" setting is just "Priority" now, and it doesn't seem to care about cell order anymore, so it's still a mess.
Remember that you can use energy upgrades like in all Mekanism machines. It doesn't take much power at all with 8 of these upgrades. I was carrying it around with a redstone energy cell to get some Gregtech iridium ore, which is so rare that even on max range it couldn't always find some. Good luck getting that with quarrying.

Edit: Remember that you can change the power consumption in the Mekanism config file.
Actually, the whole energy upgrade design in mekanism doesn't play well for my taste. It makes the factories barely use any power even at full capacity. AFAIR 8 speed 8 energy doesn't increase power consumption, but greately decreases operation time, so energy per operation is decreased drastically over a stock factory

Lost Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Hugely complex mods that introduce quite complex mechanics but only have out of game help files. I can play the game or watch videos to know how to play the game but not both at once.

Vanilla wooden tools (+ any mod that adds wooden armor).

Gravel and especially the Tinker's Construct/Natura Gravel Ores

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Hugely complex mods that introduce quite complex mechanics but only have out of game help files. I can play the game or watch videos to know how to play the game but not both at once.

Vanilla wooden tools (+ any mod that adds wooden armor).

Gravel and especially the Tinker's Construct/Natura Gravel Ores

Once you think about the wooden tools and how unrealistic they are you realise how unteleastic all of Minecraft is, then you get disheartened, take a step back, look hard at your life, and maybe even go outside. And you certainly don't want that :D

Reactions: malicious_bloke

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
The one thing that irks me is when I use to not know how uncorrupted worlds which I only found out 12 hours ago all those worlds lost

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Dealing with Gravel, mobs and other obstacles when writing mining programs for turtles. They caused a lot of headache on me :/

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Dealing with Gravel, mobs and other obstacles when writing mining programs for turtles. They caused a lot of headache on me :/
"while turtle.dig() do end" digs until no more can be dug
And:
Code:
    while not turtle.forward() do
                    sleep(1)
    end
will keep the turtle waiting until any mob etc. moves away and then proceed to move forward one step.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Because it's a Mining Laser turtle and attacking in the wrong direction would break the cooling system in your nuclear reactor?
um, be careful about which way that turtle points?
unless, of course, you actually LIKE radioactive craters and DF-style fun?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Because it's a Mining Laser turtle and attacking in the wrong direction would break the cooling system in your nuclear reactor?
CommentPhotos.com_1391958779.jpg

Reactions: Padfoote

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
SSP chunk loading errors - inexcusible game design from Mojang making single player run the same way as multiplayer (even tho I understand why they did it)

SMP lag and banned item lists - multiplayer is a nice idea since SSP is the loneliest game in the world, but with neverending lag and "banned item" lists... it just doesn't work all that well IMO.

When both SSP and SMP irk me to no end... maybe its time to give the game a rest.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
SSP chunk loading errors - inexcusible game design from Mojang making single player run the same way as multiplayer (even tho I understand why they did it)

SMP lag and banned item lists - multiplayer is a nice idea since SSP is the loneliest game in the world, but with neverending lag and "banned item" lists... it just doesn't work all that well IMO.

When both SSP and SMP irk me to no end... maybe its time to give the game a rest.

Breaks are good. I take 3-4 month breaks and come back when things are fresh and new. For instance, the last time I was playing FTB before I picked up the game again a few weeks ago was when Ultimate was brand new!