Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It'll be loosely inspired by Minecraft, and about a dozen other things, with some similar mechanics and the ability to modify your world as you see fit and such. Modability and modularity are things me and my team are focusing on a good deal. Mods add longevity, so it'd be moronic to have such a game to not have modding tools. It'll also not look a damn thing like Minecraft, in terms of graphics. Think more along the lines of this:

...that's not yours is it?

Nice physics there.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The sprinkler from Rotarycraft extinguishes fire and has quite a decent range...I can't place any steam engines in that range.

Essence ore, Y U NO silk touch?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Does it freeze lava?

No, but using a steam engine with lava is possibly not the best plan.

Best to just keep the engines out of range and move power with shafts or *GASP* move them below the floor. Steam engines with a constant supply of water and burning netherrack will never need any input from you ever again so you can just put them out of sight :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yes. At least it was when I tried it last time. Pretty much "gimme all these blocks from the huge radius" with no waste. Want diamonds? Sure, here they are.

At the expense of a large amount of power and the required infrastructure to build it. It costs more than a BC quarry, yet I've never seen someone call that "creative mode".

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
At the expense of a large amount of power and the required infrastructure to build it. It costs more than a BC quarry, yet I've never seen someone call that "creative mode".
Well there is probably some Vanilla purist nut that have said that once :p

It is all a matter of context I think. I personally think some auto mining solutions are too OP. For example with my long "lifetime" builds any fast lowcost automining solutions will just gather way way too many resources for me to ever use.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I love you too :D

Now, I hate it when people say its like creative but its really not, atleast to THAT person. It is different for everyone, one person might think it is overpowered/creative mode when another one finds it is just normal to them. And then the third type of person is one that has self control and feels the mod is overpowered will only use it for limited applications that do not feel to "cheaty" or only do it once or twice and not spam it.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Now, please try to understand what I'm saying and not be like "HE CALLS MY STUFF BAD KILL HIM WITH FIRE". I'm not deciding for you what should you use, and what shouldn't.
When I tested it, you could literally use a stack of redstone to power it to mine more redstone first and then use that redstone to get other stuff. Maybe that changed a bit since the last I tried that.
Why do I think it's OP? Because it combines the best things that other miners have and takes some of them too extreme.
- Large mining area.
- Extremely selective mining - when other miners have to mine more stuff to get you some rare resources, this needs to mine exactly the same amount of blocks to get a stack of iron and stack of diamonds. I know no other miner that's that selective. Blood Magic ritual combo can mine non-waste blocks, but you can't select the only block it mines and its radius is only 7x7.
Basically that's the main reason I compare that to creative mode. Type the name of the block and you get that block. Okay, I say that it's creative mode as long as you can power it.
As for power, Do you compare the power consumption, or required energy to mine one meaningful block? Everything requires power and infrastructure. In fact BC quarry or RoC borer require more of it since you need to get rid of waste and so on.

To not being completely off-topic:
What irks me about MC?
- RotaryCraft item vacuum. Pretty much impossible to do something in it's area of effect - everything you drop gets sucked it and sometimes makes a gravitational maneuver around the vacuum and goes to space
- Borer that doesn't mine enough soul sand to make enough jet fuel to power itself (maybe I should place it lower, though)
- RoC inconvenience in general.
- TE ducts that decide "I'm tired, I'm not doing anything" and need to be replaced :/
- Other bugs that make things not work when they should
- Poorly thought mods or mod interactions.
- Mess of stuff in AE, unformatted disks.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
As for power, Do you compare the power consumption, or required energy to mine one meaningful block? Everything requires power and infrastructure. In fact BC quarry or RoC borer require more of it since you need to get rid of waste and so on.
Remember that you can use energy upgrades like in all Mekanism machines. It doesn't take much power at all with 8 of these upgrades. I was carrying it around with a redstone energy cell to get some Gregtech iridium ore, which is so rare that even on max range it couldn't always find some. Good luck getting that with quarrying.

Edit: Remember that you can change the power consumption in the Mekanism config file.