Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
My irk with minecraft is I've found that whenever i sit down to play it, I must enter a time compression field.. because I swear I was only playing for half an hour, not three hours..

Ikr...I sit down to just make one upgrade to my base, and end up with a whole new layout and a plan for next time.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ikr...I sit down to just make one upgrade to my base, and end up with a whole new layout and a plan for next time.
Sometimes it feels like I sit down and DO actually only make one upgrade to my base, and it's a disproportionate time later.. >.>
We must harness this and label it quantum flux!

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
One day, I will wire my base exclusively with capacitor banks. If its worth doing, its worth overdoing.
I once wired my whole house with resonant cells. Not quite as good as capacitor banks, but still ridiculus. It took over 100k end pearls to make all of the resonant ender...

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
When mods use 32x textures for no reason (looking at you ars and ic2).
When mods use textures from resource packs which don't fit in vanilla minecraft (agriculture and chisel).
It doesn't affect gameplay, but still...

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
When mods use 32x textures for no reason (looking at you ars and ic2).
When mods use textures from resource packs which don't fit in vanilla minecraft (agriculture and chisel).
It doesn't affect gameplay, but still...

The new AM2 version (1.2.0.22) has MUCH better textures - but it breaks Morph to hell.

I even put in a bug report about it here, which is a very annoying one.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I can't break Buildcraft pipes at all when in morph, and Protoclay isn't working correctly either, it think I'm targetting another block and switches to the wrong tool.
Mods, Y U NO take into account that the player may grow or shrink?

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
TConstruct implements an accessory system with tons of slots that nobody ever uses.
Baubles makes an accessory system with only 4 slots and every mod uses it.
As a result, I have to choose between the Sojourner's Sash and the Focus Pouch.
Dammit Azanor.

Reactions: Launcelot_J

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What irks me most about Minecraft is the fact that every SMP multiplayer server I try to play on is a lag-filled piece of crap with artificial borders on the world and a lot of the modpack items banned due to various "cheating" issues. I'm sick of it, and sick of having to go back to lonely SSP worlds where there's nobody to interact with.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What irks me most about Minecraft is the fact that every SMP multiplayer server I try to play on is a lag-filled piece of crap with artificial borders on the world and a lot of the modpack items banned due to various "cheating" issues. I'm sick of it, and sick of having to go back to lonely SSP worlds where there's nobody to interact with.
Sounds like you need to create your own server and see if you can do any better :)

Reactions: Padfoote

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you need to create your own server and see if you can do any better :)

1. I'm a cheapskate and don't want to pay.
2. I'm an older adult and don't have any peers who play minecraft
3. As per #2 above, I don't have any desire to run a server and have to deal with younger teenage "squeakers", which I think we all know is like 98% of who plays this game. :)

So... lonely SSP it is obv.

Reactions: PierceSG and Pyure

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I totally understand not wanting to play with kids who sound like they haven't even hit puberty yet. It ain't just Minecraft that's got that particular issue; hell, Xbox Live is notorious for it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I totally understand not wanting to play with kids who sound like they haven't even hit puberty yet. It ain't just Minecraft that's got that particular issue; hell, Xbox Live is notorious for it.

Funny you say that... when I typed "squeakers", I was going to add "like we used to call them when I played on Xbox Live". :) But everybody probably knows that term so I didn't type it all out. I started on Xbox and it was so easy to play multiplayer on it... except I finally realized that an 864x864 block playable world (no, that is not a typo) was absurd, especially considering I had a state of the art PC that could run infinite worlds. I haven't played the Xbox since, in fact I sold it and all my game. PC or bust, screw the console crapola.

Reactions: bounding star

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Funny you say that... when I typed "squeakers", I was going to add "like we used to call them when I played on Xbox Live". :) But everybody probably knows that term so I didn't type it all out. I started on Xbox and it was so easy to play multiplayer on it... except I finally realized that an 864x864 block playable world (no, that is not a typo) was absurd, especially considering I had a state of the art PC that could run infinite worlds. I haven't played the Xbox since, in fact I sold it and all my game. PC or bust, screw the console crapola.
Eeh, console has its place like everything else. Its good if you want to just play your game and not have to worry about potentially fiddly nuts-and-bolts settings.

That said, Minecraft on PC is vastly superior to the console version for one major reason: PC has mods.

Reactions: PierceSG

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
TConstruct implements an accessory system with tons of slots that nobody ever uses.
Baubles makes an accessory system with only 4 slots and every mod uses it.
As a result, I have to choose between the Sojourner's Sash and the Focus Pouch.
Dammit Azanor.

it'd be nice if Baubles allowed mods to add their own accessory slots, then again you'd end up with a very long list of slots if that were to happen.
but it would really be nice if there were some more slots, and with that mods hopefull could add more accessory items such as capes, rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, belts, gloves and so on

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Try looking on the individual mod's forums, rather than on here or MCF.
Pick your favourite mod and search/ask the relevant forum topics ect...​

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
I just wish you could make TCon green heart canisters without playing agrarian skies. Also...red hearts are so rare to get in direwolf, but yellow hearts are dropped by the easy-to-kill water guardian.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ok I have one:

The very-limited depth of the world. In "Mine"craft, I should be exploring vertically, not horizontally.

Its for very good performance reasons, but I still wish I could one day say "I delved too deep..." after digging to level 4043 and running into a balrog.
I'm pretty sure there's a Cubic Chunks mod out there somewhere that adds infinite height to the world... but, I haven't tested it, and it might not be compatible with Forge.

But I agree, something like Terraria's almost infinitely deep world with increasingly harder mobs (and stone) farther down would be cool. It might mess with the balance in some other mods, though.

Reactions: bounding star

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm pretty sure there's a Cubic Chunks mod out there somewhere that adds infinite height to the world... but, I haven't tested it, and it might not be compatible with Forge.

But I agree, something like Terraria's almost infinitely deep world with increasingly harder mobs (and stone) farther down would be cool. It might mess with the balance in some other mods, though.
It would totally mess with everything unless there was a "reason" to go there. But providing the reasons would be a whole new area for modders to explore.

Agreed re. Terraria. My first comparison was Dwarf Fortress just for the fun factor.