Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I personally prefer antimatter...Its so much cooler looking (and destructive) lol.
Well-played, sir. Though, if I remember correctly, anti-matter does require quite a large setup...if we're talking about Atomic Science.

I prefer a massive capacitor bank being fed power through a link between dimensions where I harness the infinite power-generating potential of Hell itself.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well-played, sir. Though, if I remember correctly, anti-matter does require quite a large setup...if we're talking about Atomic Science.

I prefer a massive capacitor bank being fed power through a link between dimensions where I harness the infinite power-generating potential of Hell itself.

Last time I built a particle accelerator was in 1.5 and it needed to be 64x64 blocks to work. Any less than that and I couldnt get it past about 98% lightspeed. Even then, the amounts of AM it was producing was pretty small.

I did manage to produce a few antimatter missiles in the end though.

And fulmination generators are an awesome idea.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019

Wait...we werent talking about IRL? Jk, my preferred powergen is big reactors...make a huge reactor under you base, and watch those resonant energy cells fill (If you do it right, you can fill a resonant cell in under 15 seconds.)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Wait...we werent talking about IRL? Jk, my preferred powergen is big reactors...make a huge reactor under you base, and watch those resonant energy cells fill (If you do it right, you can fill a resonant cell in under 15 seconds.)

Don't make me whip out my reactorcraft power plant and waggle it in your face.

*cough*

The ~40kRF/t i've got outputting through rotational dynamos is more than enough to fill all my available RF power storage and it's only a measly fraction of the total power i'm churning out.

Several extractors kept very happy with about a GW each.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some BigReactors but weight for weight ReC is THE power solution these days :p

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

:)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you guys still worry about power storage, instead of creating a continuous-distribution network based on connection-quantity priority, you are doing it wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1407267413][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's nonsense that they don't stack, and nonsense I think they should? :S
Sure

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
Don't make me whip out my reactorcraft power plant and waggle it in your face.

*cough*

The ~40kRF/t i've got outputting through rotational dynamos is more than enough to fill all my available RF power storage and it's only a measly fraction of the total power i'm churning out.

Several extractors kept very happy with about a GW each.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some BigReactors but weight for weight ReC is THE power solution these days :p

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

:)

Gotta love the rotarycraft powergen, but I've never really gotten into it.
But how about IC2 reactors...I just realized power converters is still an option.
Edit: max size plutonium reactor makes up to 40k rf/t as well, because, why not?

If you guys still worry about power storage, instead of creating a continuous-distribution network based on connection-quantity priority, you are doing it wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1407267413][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sure

Lol I usually just make ****loads of power and drain it all into quarries...then you get the fun of maxing out power production without wasting it

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
But how about IC2 reactors...I just realized power converters is still an option. *Testing*

Power converters is buggy in 1.6

Like "randomly stop transmitting power for no goddam reason" buggy.

Oh and i think there's an upper limit on the eu/t you can shove through even the top tier converter these days (might be wrong on that, I haven't used IC2 in months :p)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
But how about IC2 reactors...I just realized power converters is still an option.
Edit: max size plutonium reactor makes up to 40k rf/t as well, because, why not?

Lol I usually just make ****loads of power and drain it all into quarries...then you get the fun of maxing out power production without wasting it

Unless you profusely use tesseracts, it also means you have to think about how you design your base, instead of throwing down multiple power gens with energy cell buffers all over the base. You can have them all contribute to the same network, maximizing your efficiency.

This is how the real world works.

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
Power converters is buggy in 1.6

Like "randomly stop transmitting power for no goddam reason" buggy.

Oh and i think there's an upper limit on the eu/t you can shove through even the top tier converter these days (might be wrong on that, I haven't used IC2 in months :p)
Actually, there is now an EV (extreme voltage) converter that takes ANY power quantity.

Unless you profusely use tesseracts, it also means you have to think about how you design your base, instead of throwing down multiple power gens with energy cell buffers all over the base. You can have them all contribute to the same network, maximizing your efficiency.

This is how the real world works.

Not trying to make argument here, I just like the overkill method...you and others I know like the automated, refined method.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
My base infrastructure is planned to use ~100k RF/t continuously. All of my machines can access that 100k RF/t, such that I will never have energy disparity issues.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
My irk with minecraft is I've found that whenever i sit down to play it, I must enter a time compression field.. because I swear I was only playing for half an hour, not three hours..