Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
They never lagged me out. But this brings up another nick pick.

But they really should have allowed us to craft saddles and not keep it as a rare dungeon spawn.
OMG fast movement early game?? OP! OP! Must nerf.
/sarcasm

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
1) Monsters wearing Mekanism armor early-game.
2) Minizombies
3) 1 and 2 combined together.
You want to feel the pain? Add in Zombie Awareness. Zombie hordes wearing Mek armour.
They do make nice mob farms though, once you manage to get the resources.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
They never lagged me out. But this brings up another nick pick.

But they really should have allowed us to craft saddles and not keep it as a rare dungeon spawn.
THIS. Saddles are not that bloody hard to make, humans have been doing it for 6000 years.

I can sort of see leaving horse armour as dungeon loot... you don't need it to be able to ride a horse (so it's not a content barrier), and it has infinite durability. I do wish we could make leather horse armour, though.

My other main gripe has been worldgen, but that's sort of fixed with 1.7, and mostly fixed with ATG. Pre-1.7, biome location being so haphazard (taige next to jungle, etc) always annoyed my. Rivers around hills still annoys me... I always have to go dig out the sections with no water. A lot of my time pre-1.7 was spent terraforming to make things look 'right', and I would often abandon a good base spot just because the terrain was borked too bad to fix.

Thank the Gods for ATG.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
why does the mc launcher keep asking for my login...EVERY FRAKIN TIME.

when you ask the launcher to remember your login...it should actually, you know..remember it? and when it shows you the last username you used and you try to use that login...it should not throw you back with that stupid exception error, forcing you to retype everything. Im not saying im too lazy to do it every once in a while, but this is what ive been going through EVERY time i use the mc launcher. its really, really annoying. ftb launcher has never acted up like this on me.

and mc 1.6.4 never remembers the size of the window i had set on the previous session. wtf is up with that? it always launches in default size..which is too small. its a registry setting...every proper windows app has used this feature since...ever. wow ;)

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that when people want to make something and they get few extra items, they think they have to use them all, and they make more stuff just so that they use all the items they get.
Yeah I know that was hard to understand so some examples are:
People get 2 extra blast furnace blocks so just to use them up they make another whole blast furnace.
People get some extra steel and iron plates so just to use them up they make 3 steam ovens.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that when people want to make something and they get few extra items, they think they have to use them all, and they make more stuff just so that they use all the items they get.
Yeah I know that was hard to understand so some examples are:
People get 2 extra blast furnace blocks so just to use them up they make another whole blast furnace.
People get some extra steel and iron plates so just to use them up they make 3 steam ovens.

Surely in terms of 'usefullness'-to-block ratio, that's more efficient than leaving them in a chest though?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Granted, although the usefulness of a block you no longer possess is debatable :p
OT: the new Tesseract recipes. Make them 'harder' as tesseracts are more useful? Sure! Make them from a rather limited resource only found as a rare by product of another resource? Bit of a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Granted, although the usefulness of a block you no longer possess is debatable :p
OT: the new Tesseract recipes. Make them 'harder' as tesseracts are more useful? Sure! Make them from a rather limited resource only found as a rare by product of another resource? Bit of a problem

The sulfur? because everything else in them is easily acquired, for the sulfur I just tended to throw several stacks of netherrack through the pulveriser or at least I did up until I got my laser drill online now I get more than enough via the occasional netherquartz ore processing.

Reactions: [JBG]Magikarp

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Shiny metal dust for the enderium blend. Unless I'm simply doing it wrong :p

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
Shiny metal dust for the enderium blend. Unless I'm simply doing it wrong :p

throw redstone ore (silk touched) into TE pulverizer gets you cinnabar nuggets (10% chance),not to be confused with cinnabar ore from TC. throw the nuggets + ferrous ore into TE induction smelter, get 2 ferrous + 1 shiny ingot

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
throw redstone ore (silk touched) into TE pulverizer gets you cinnabar nuggets (10% chance),not to be confused with cinnabar ore from TC. throw the nuggets + ferrous ore into TE induction smelter, get 2 ferrous + 1 shiny ingot

Thanks! Don't remember that coming up as a recipe in NEI, but that will make life much easier for me.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
creative mode left clicks destroying blocks
mods that don't use a physics model for their flight (only ic2 gets this right)
the inability to let multiple mods use the same keybinding when the functionality obviously does not conflict.

Reactions: CreepaCatcha