Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Automatic chunk resets. This should not happen. If a chunk reset is the only way the game knows how to "fix" something it should just exit there and tell you which chunk the problem is in and give you an external method to reset the chunk if needed.

Spent most of a day putting every item I've gathered/made on the new dw20 pack into an AE system only for the chunk to reset wiping out everything.

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
When science mods get science wrong. Like the symbols in gregtech. The symbol for deuterium is not D! It's 2^H(the two{mass number}in the top left corner) same with tritium. It's 3^H. They are isotopes of hydrogen. And antimatter from atomic science. You can't store antimatter in a normal container because when antimatter touches normal matter they destroy each other. (I'm serious, read about it) Also you can't simply make antimatter. It is a long and complicated process. And one last thing, NASA gave the number of 62.5 TRILLION dollars for a gram of antimatter. Rant over.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Thing's that erk me at the moment:
  1. Modders adding strong Mobs with lots of health and annoying abilities that make starting new an annoyance.
  2. Modders that add mobs with annoying abilities that are a pain to deal with even when geared up.
  3. When such mods have no way to DISABLE said mobs from spawning. (I want to murder this one mob with its knock back and high damage and ability to FLY!!!)
  4. Mods that add stuff that can grief your builds. AM2 I'm looking at you and the new skylight you made in my base and the remains of my storage room.
  5. Petty, but CREEPER boom grief. I'd very much like to turn this off, or have it changed based on difficulty. Easy no damage, med normal damage, hard HUGE damage.
  6. Mods that don't have configs to change/turn things off. This goes with 3. If I don't want something to generate in my world or want something to be more common, I damn well want to be able to set it.
  7. Silverfish blocks...
  8. Silverfish blocks in extreme hills... my fav biome to build in, turning a large mountain into a base...
  9. Silverfish that have such small hit box's and move fast and then call more silverfish when you damage them then run off to hide in more blocks. *hair pull*
  10. Being unable to craft saddles/name tags and having to be lucky to have them spawn in a rare dungeon.
  11. People who boast how you are 'ruining your gaming experience' by cheating in SSP. Really if we want to play the game in away that is fun for us then freaking let us (AS LONG AS IT'S NOT IN SMP). If I want to play on peaceful and just spawn everything in and make stuff that looks nice so be it. If I want to xray to see where thing's are underground then so be it. If I want to use some cheat mod/inf health/op tools etc then so freaking be it!

Reactions: ThorinNL

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Horses that can go through 2-block high openings but immediately cause damage to the player by putting your head inside a solid wall. Either stop me or dismount me!

Reactions: Padfoote

[JBG]Magikarp

Jul 29, 2019
Bats making it impossible to use Fillers for filling nearby caves

The ridiculous huge spawn rate in the DW20 pack 1.6.4, srsly is there a config to turn it down?

the "new" IC2 with all these complicated crafting crap

Openblocks, Computercraft & qcraft

ArsMagickas ugly gui

Beginning with thaumcraft4

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
When science mods get science wrong. Like the symbols in gregtech. The symbol for deuterium is not D! It's 2^H(the two{mass number}in the top left corner) same with tritium. It's 3^H. They are isotopes of hydrogen. And antimatter from atomic science. You can't store antimatter in a normal container because when antimatter touches normal matter they destroy each other. (I'm serious, read about it) Also you can't simply make antimatter. It is a long and complicated process. And one last thing, NASA gave the number of 62.5 TRILLION dollars for a gram of antimatter. Rant over.

Don't forget Mekanism's magic hydrogen generators which somehow produce net power.

I give many 'science' mods a pass since they never deal with 'real' things, like IC2-never see a real world equivalent/justification for most of what it does. But ya, once you get into real sciency things it can get a bit silly.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Horses. That's pretty much it. Mojang dedicated an entire update to them and even on a perfectly unlaggy with amazing TPS and a new map they still somehow manage to lag EVERYTHING out.
They never lagged me out. But this brings up another nick pick.

But they really should have allowed us to craft saddles and not keep it as a rare dungeon spawn.