Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Slime spam in flatworlds. I make flatworlds to test out things, not to fight endless waves of slimes. -_-

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Slime spam in flatworlds. I make flatworlds to test out things, not to fight endless waves of slimes. -_-
If I remember right, you just have to make the layers high enough. I think slimes only spawn in slime chunks below level 40ish.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Closing the ME Access Terminal window...

Muscle memory always makes me use the E button, then possibly D or S as I try to move away from the terminal. It always takes an annoying quarter of a second to realize the window is still open.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I like the new system to make spawners, but vanilla spawners are vanilla. Also, the "Vile Sword" MK2 is pretty sweet. Early game diamond swords are nothing to scoff at.

Some more things that irk me about minecraft, cause i've been saving these up for quite some time.

IC2exp added some really awesome things. We now have tiered machines that run on much higher EU... but they didn't add in anything that produces higher amounts of EU. Yeah, reactors produce lots of EU... if you trust them not to blow up your base, which i don't. I want some of the Gregtech power production, like the Dragon Egg Energy Siphon and the Magical energy converter.

Speaking of Dragon Eggs, i want more uses for Vanilla things. Next to nothing for the dragon egg. Nothing useful for flint. TiC added a long awaited use for gravel. I want a use for Nether stars, and not just the super top tier item for a mod that you probably only need one of. Gravity Guns + Division Sigil + Twilight forest = Lots of Nether stars with no use for them other than extra modifiers on TiC things. I want a use for Pumpkins, lapis(preferably one that doesn't require 400+ of the stuff), and mob heads. I want more uses for Emeralds. omg, i need to learn Java.
For flint, there's Mekanism, which can use flint to triple ores.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Closing the ME Access Terminal window...

Muscle memory always makes me use the E button, then possibly D or S as I try to move away from the terminal. It always takes an annoying quarter of a second to realize the window is still open.

Theres an option in AE in 1.6 that turns off the auto-focus to the search bar thing :)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The vanilla cauldron is totally useless.
(I wanna put fire under it and cook food)
I agree with DarkeshShrine -- flint emerald and lapis could really use a little love, and vanilla beacons are so underpowered is isn't worth the resources.

People that make cobblestone generators. It's great in Skyblock, but what's the point of it in vanilla? If you strip-mine, then you can get diamonds, gold and all of the other good stuff, and get cobblestone faster because you don't have to wait for the lava to flow.

I just don't get it why...

Only really useful in modded MC- auto building supplies on tap.
Forge- igneous extruder- obsidian, cobble [sand/stone, glass, gravel/flint], stone/brick [+chiselmod??], moss stone/moss brick/cracked brick (redpower water/lava). [also junk for the recyclers]
B.T.W. - mechanical monstrosity of pulsed redstone, pistons and water/lava channels making stone, cobble, moss stone, and blasting cobble-> gravel, or clay via silverfish grinder.
A full scale resource factory is kinda neat either way.​

Skyblock is kinda a special case- no resources to mine. As is self-repairing walls/floors ect.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Is mod loader still around? I thought that died a quiet death...
Well, I felt Eloraam wouldn't work as hard in my basement on redpower 3 if she was lonely, so I kidnaped Risugami to help her work and keep her company.

In all seriousness, Risugami was "last active" today, although he hasn't really seemed to do anything today, so he probably has very little time to respond saying he's still alive, much less work on modloader.

Reactions: Pokefenn

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
when i am playing the new minecraft version and i am attacked by a chicken jokie who is way to fast and i die.:mad: