Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
When a modder makes a cool and original mod, but also releasing it under weird and restrictive license and then quarrel to death with a modpack author due to misunderstanding.

Reactions: Dravarden

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
When a mod pack gives me many easy ways to gather resources and create infinite power generation (think forestry fertilizer dynamic vs MFR tree farms....) but then has machines that require tiny amounts of resources to build, and tiny amounts of power to run.

Reactions: xbony2

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
When servers have ridiculous ban policies. I walked by a floating tree, and got banned by a mod who said that it was my fault I didn't break it fully.
I know that feel bro. That happened to me on a creative server, mods said only report people, dont try to fix them, and some griefers covered the workd in water. Me and a couple of guys(this was midnight btw) fixed it with sponges(the server had a plugin to fix them) and repaired a few builds. The next day we were abnned for no reason, there were no mods on, and the griefers said WE were griefing. It makes me wish vanilla had a built in block checker. Y U NO HAVE HELPFUL TOOLS, VANILLA?!( I even told a mod and they never responded, and on their MCForum thread, their only contact, said I was banned. And NEVER got a response)

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
People that make cobblestone generators. It's great in Skyblock, but what's the point of it in vanilla? If you strip-mine, then you can get diamonds, gold and all of the other good stuff, and get cobblestone faster because you don't have to wait for the lava to flow.

I just don't get it why...

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
People that make cobblestone generators. It's great in Skyblock, but what's the point of it in vanilla? If you strip-mine, then you can get diamonds, gold and all of the other good stuff, and get cobblestone faster because you don't have to wait for the lava to flow.

I just don't get it why...

Laziness. I hate cobble-mining. :p

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
How not a lot of people know Crit Juice. While this isn't related to Minecraft, I usually listen to it while playing Minecraft.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
... is the best thing ever!
image.jpg

I HATE some of the new sounds. Since when does a zombie touching you break a leg? How many bones can Steve break? Where are my pigman villagers? Where are Docks mobs?! All lost in development, all brilliant features, gone!my biggest irk of all!

Reactions: xbony2

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
1. When mod developers nerf something beyond what was needed, especially when the nerf makes the "broken" or "OP" item/interaction completely useless. Why even leave it in at that point?

2. When a large number of mods add tools/armor/weapons. There's always those that are very low quality, but still require a bunch of stuff to make. Then there are the difficult to get ones that are well worth it and the other set from a different mod that is far more difficult to make/use but don't really add much extra to make it worth it.

3. Not knowing Java.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
*cough*soulshards2*cough*
I like the new system to make spawners, but vanilla spawners are vanilla. Also, the "Vile Sword" MK2 is pretty sweet. Early game diamond swords are nothing to scoff at.

Some more things that irk me about minecraft, cause i've been saving these up for quite some time.

IC2exp added some really awesome things. We now have tiered machines that run on much higher EU... but they didn't add in anything that produces higher amounts of EU. Yeah, reactors produce lots of EU... if you trust them not to blow up your base, which i don't. I want some of the Gregtech power production, like the Dragon Egg Energy Siphon and the Magical energy converter.

Speaking of Dragon Eggs, i want more uses for Vanilla things. Next to nothing for the dragon egg. Nothing useful for flint. TiC added a long awaited use for gravel. I want a use for Nether stars, and not just the super top tier item for a mod that you probably only need one of. Gravity Guns + Division Sigil + Twilight forest = Lots of Nether stars with no use for them other than extra modifiers on TiC things. I want a use for Pumpkins, lapis(preferably one that doesn't require 400+ of the stuff), and mob heads. I want more uses for Emeralds. omg, i need to learn Java.