Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I would give anything to find a stupid slime chunk. I am tempted to say I would donate a Gregtech Fusion reactor to the needy just to be able to find one.

There is an item made just for you in the OpenBlocks mod, it's called the Slimalyzer. Essentially you hold it and it lights up when you hit a slime chunk.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I would give anything to find a stupid slime chunk. I am tempted to say I would donate a Gregtech Fusion reactor to the needy just to be able to find one.
Doesn't one of the minimap mods have an option to display slime chunks on minimap?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tips guys. This is the time of year where I am feeling most humbug-y so giving to the needy would have really gone against my style.
I'm not currently using mapwriter although I may be switching back to it very soon because it is my favourite map mod. I will definitely take a look at the slimalyzer though.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, the MapWriter from Opis will show slime chunks.
Hmm never used that before trying the Horizon pack, but I am sure I saw it somewhere else. Could have been whatever the minimap in the old 1.4.7 DW20 pack was.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Swamp biome.
You'll be swimming in slimes.​

If not some kind of horizontal tunneling machine set below y40, light it up and listen for fapping/slopping noises.
Usually I set up quarries in a flat desert mystcraft world. If you notice slimes spawning while the quarry digs, just place down a layer of cobble once its done and you will be swarmed by slimes.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Swamp biome.
You'll be swimming in slimes.​

If not some kind of horizontal tunneling machine set below y40, light it up and listen for fapping/slopping noises.

With BoP enabled it's kinda hard to find vanilla swamps what with the multitude of mountains, mountains, mountains, and the odd volcano -.-

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I dont even look for them. I get all my slime from TiCo floating islands
Hmm yeah seems like a convenient source. But they don't look that good in the landscape IMO. Thought about looking into not having them spawn in the future, but guess I can always mine them away where I settle.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
It only sets the rarity of them- you can effectively turn them off with a stupid number, but there isn't a true/false option
Rejoice:
Code:
dimblacklist {
    # True: slime islands wont generate in any ages other than overworld(if enabled); False: will generate in all non-blackisted ages
    B:GenerateSlimeIslandInDim0Only=false

# Add dimension ID's to prevent slime islands from generating in them
    I:SlimeIslandDimBlacklist <
    >

# Generate slime islands in flat worlds
    B:genIslandsFlat=false

# True: slime islands generate in overworld; False they do not generate
    B:slimeIslGenDim0=true
}

(with tconstruct 1.6.4_1.5.1)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
when people make a single mistake and they remember it forever (sometimes is just really stupid)

the only time notch mentioned Steve's name in tweeter was with an interrogation mark as a question

"well, lets call him "Steve?" forever and ever because thats his name, obviously!"

villagers were called testificates for a single pre release?

"that will be their name until the end of minecraft even if their official name is villager and/or get renamed"

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
when people make a single mistake and they remember it forever (sometimes is just really stupid)

the only time notch mentioned Steve's name in tweeter was with an interrogation mark as a question

"well, lets call him "Steve?" forever and ever because thats his name, obviously!"

villagers were called testificates for a single pre release?

"that will be their name until the end of minecraft even if their official name is villager and/or get renamed"

I agree with testificates, I mean is that even a word?
But the name Steve has always tickled me, I would imagine a person capable of carrying tons of stone and punching through trees with their fist to have a suitably epic name, like Zeus or Atlas or whatever. But no, that's just Steve the postman from round the corner. :D