Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Mountains could happen in any biome, rather than always in 1 biome.
Overall terrain shape had more variety; but you'd occasionally find epic mountains.​
2011-05-31_185944.png

2011-05-31_185934.png

2409838883250561605_2.png

_9028489474908844496_3.png

_9028489474908844496_2.png

1474776471_2.png

curtis-dent_2.png
See, to me, that looks like crap. Which I why I've never been able to take the IMPROVE THE TERRAIN GUISE movement seriously.

Reactions: YX33A

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
See, to me, that looks like crap. Which I why I've never been able to take the IMPROVE THE TERRAIN GUISE movement seriously.

Heck, flying mountains isn't everyone's cup of tea, but its a lot better than predictable monotony that came after.
Every seed looks the same. Theres no real variety in the shape of the world.​

(I'm probably slightly biased, a lot of the worlds I've enjoyed the most have been with the beta terrain)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I prefer acceptable breaks from realism like that. I like epic, even weird, landscapes that occasionally do the impossible. Plus, if you managed to get a good enough overhang, you could just build a wall on either side and make your base in the middle. Say, is there a mod that returns terrain gen to the Old Ways, while still keeping compatibility with biome-adding mods?

DVeagle74

Jul 29, 2019
Hellfish. They swarm. They lag. They explode. They cause more swarms and lag. They can stay in the nether and keep it for themselves.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Hellfish give me an idea.

They might just be one of the few things I haven't used to torment villagers with (yet)

Can I just grab one in a safari net and expect it to autospawn in the overworld?

MFR has yet another way to be an accessory to my atrocities if so XD

DVeagle74

Jul 29, 2019
Hellfish give me an idea.

They might just be one of the few things I haven't used to torment villagers with (yet)

Can I just grab one in a safari net and expect it to autospawn in the overworld?

MFR has yet another way to be an accessory to my atrocities if so XD

No, IIRC they work like silverfish and spawn in veins of 28 or so. Combined with exploding nether ores, makes for a fun time.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I can't make sloped clear glass blocks with carpenters blocks.

TiCo clear glass won't work as a skin for the block :sadface:

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
The hitbox on the gas turbine in rotarycraft made me die standing on the side of it... Then I live in a wood house. /_\

Reactions: Padfoote

Rotoscope

Jul 29, 2019
A really annoying thing that comes to mind for me, despite the fact that I wouldn't change it(since it makes sense), is enemies wondering into freakin' Nether and TF portals and hanging out on the other side just to kill you dead when you step through. It's a big problem for me since due to my somewhat dated computer hardware, when I run FTB Monster there's serious lag every time I go through a portal, which means I die before I know I'm dead :/

The very worst instance of this is creepers wondering in the portals, because they then immediately explode when you go through and destroy the portal and a lot of your stuff in your inventory.

Pro tip I've just learned for when anyone else has this problem: build a hut or other small construct with a door around your portals, so the baddies can't get in.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The hitbox on the gas turbine in rotarycraft made me die standing on the side of it... Then I live in a wood house. /_\
If memory serves, you can place a transparent block in front of it with zero problems. I've done it with iron bars and it looks rather nice, if I do say so myself.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves, you can place a transparent block in front of it with zero problems. I've done it with iron bars and it looks rather nice, if I do say so myself.
No that's the thing, I put fences on the top and the back (where you're supposed to die from), and I went on the side of the turbine block and died xD. Even more funny was that it took a while for it to "explode".

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
No that's the thing, I put fences on the top and the back (where you're supposed to die from), and I went on the side of the turbine block and died xD. Even more funny was that it took a while for it to "explode".
The hell? That's odd...then again, I made sure my turbine was totally surrounded on all sides...I don't trust somethin that can turn me into mulch, lol. (Oh, and mufflers are your best friends for those things, lemme tell ya.)

Reactions: dwappo

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Firestone is fun :)
I picked up 3 stacks of it out of a chest the other day (I had 16 laser drills running....) and suddenly everything around me in about a 10 block radius caught fire. I'd carried single blocks before, but didn't realize that apparently the more you carry, the more fire you get. Fortunately I managed to get it in the barrel I was moving it to and put out the fires before anything got destroyed, but it what pretty freaky to close the chest gui and suddenly find myself surrounded with fire.

Reactions: Narc