Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Extremely heavy gold armor makes you take less fall damage. ~

Also, a scary darkness-emiting portal to Hell, containing all the crying souls of all the cute little creatures you once killed - can be opened with a flint and steel, which is crafted with iron.
And obsidian

Reactions: Dezz

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Wait...are you implying that minimaps aren't an in-game solution to various location-based problems? I am confused.

Personally I'd say its out of game context.
Its based on the debug screen/GPS rather than in-game based navigation.
You also get it right from the off, with optional floating markers/beacon beams telling you where everything is- over actually building markers/landmarks.
@ThatOneSlowking Can I point out this was a discussion about cheating, not about MC being realistic.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Precisely. That was rather well said if you don't mind me saying so.

We each have our own sets of rules; and generally can consider breaking one's own rules a form of cheating.​
Ultimately this just boils down to a difference of opinions; not saying yours is wrong in the same way I'm not saying mine is right- its more looking into the reasons behind our opinions.

To drop something I said a while back

Cheating [for me] is using some out of game context/solution to solve an ingame problem that has an ingame solution.
A classic example would be using an Xray hack to solve limited ores/resources.- cave diving and quarries would be the in-game solutions.

With minimaps, waypoints, ect you have a GPS giving your exact location based on an out of context system (coordinates on a debug screen), which is given freely from the start with absolutely no ingame cost or context.
In game solution? Vanilla maps aren't that useful, but the compass is brilliant for working out your location (this has an ingame cost, and takes a little skill), as well as building monuments/landmarks ect.
(If theres a mod that'll display the vanilla maps like a minimap or something similar I probably won't consider it cheating)

Another [somewhat related] irk;
If you're filming a tutorial/LP- turn off your waypoints.
White text floating everywhere - kinda distracting.
Seriously though- knowing the position of aura nodes, dungeons, and your last death is always useful when you're showing us some AE autocrafting...

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Those diagonal lines on vanilla and some modded glass... arghh why? Even on connected texture glass >.<

If you really need to indicate that there is something other than air there, why not tone the glass slightly or something. Those lines are SO damn ugly.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You want to know something that really pisses me off? Chickens. I hate how they glitch into fences. It's not like other things that simply glitch through in certain conditions, chickens walk up to a fence and get stuck. They literally can't move. Even if you hold seeds or wear a flower band or whatever. This ancient bug is my biggest annoyance in minecraft, modded or no.[DOUBLEPOST=1401598135][/DOUBLEPOST]
How lamps require CRAPLOADS of dye
Making an automated flower farm is so easy. It's even possible in vanilla minecraft.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
You want to know something that really pisses me off? Chickens. I hate how they glitch into fences. It's not like other things that simply glitch through in certain conditions, chickens walk up to a fence and get stuck. They literally can't move. Even if you hold seeds or wear a flower band or whatever. This ancient bug is my biggest annoyance in minecraft, modded or no.
fyi, all the animals are glitching into and through fences.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah but is specially bad for chickens as their entire entity can fit "inside" the gap between the fence and the air block next to it and get stuck there forever. Other animals are too large for this and do therefore not get stuck as much.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I don't care about glitching through fences. I really don't. Tat's easily remedied with a golden lasso (I can't play without extra utils anymore. :p) Chickens, however, will stay in a fence. You give two chickens stuck on opposite sides of the fence some sees, they will try to run to each other to do the hokey pokey but they can't move to do so. Unsticking them lasts all of two seconds.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care about glitching through fences. I really don't. Tat's easily remedied with a golden lasso (I can't play without extra utils anymore. :p) Chickens, however, will stay in a fence. You give two chickens stuck on opposite sides of the fence some sees, they will try to run to each other to do the hokey pokey but they can't move to do so. Unsticking them lasts all of two seconds.
Really annoying, and when I build the fence so that the inside is 5x5 and stick an MFR breeder at the side, it won't work when the chicken are in the corners.
My solution: Put paving stone of warding underneath the fences. You could even omit the fence but I kept it for visuals.

Reactions: Narc and rhn

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Really annoying, and when I build the fence so that the inside is 5x5 and stick an MFR breeder at the side, it won't work when the chicken are in the corners.
My solution: Put paving stone of warding underneath the fences. You could even omit the fence but I kept it for visuals.
I just dig a pit. A literal hole in the ground. Can't glitch through that.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
When I have a GUI open, tinkering with some machine or other and an enderman walks between me and what i'm looking at, automatically aggroing itself through no fault of mine.

Bloody thing.