Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Why can you craft a pressure sensitive receptor pad (pressure plate) without a table, but you can't cut a simple block in half!

How is it that animals have no regard for their life!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Why can you craft a pressure sensitive receptor pad (pressure plate) without a table, but you can't cut a simple block in half!

Minetweaker;
4 slabs= 2 blocks sideways
Pressure plate= Slab+redstone.

How is it that animals have no regard for their life!

Well if someone locked me in a hole and forced me to breed I wouldn't be happy either.

Reactions: Narc

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Minetweaker;
4 slabs= 2 blocks sideways
Pressure plate= Slab+redstone.

Well if someone locked me in a hole and forced me to breed I wouldn't be happy either.

1. I was talking about vanilla

2. No, I mean you punch a cow and his friends don't even notice.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
this. Just this. I can get 90 fps on my settings with min settings on dw20, but get get 50 fps in 1.7 vanilla on min settings.
Part of that is forge. Forge has significant efficiency fixes for vanilla that will give you higher fps. The downside is load time. It will take much longer to load up MC with forge

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
People using wrong units for things activate my innate pedant mode.

Especially people discussing Rotarycraft.

nm means nanometer, you goons. To describe the measurement of torque you want Newton-meters or Nm.

*grumbles something incoherent about kids these days*

a problem easily solved by a high-school level physics class.
or an introductory classical physics course in college. mine names it, rather unimaginatively, Physics 1 for the first semester which is the mechanical physics. 2nd semester (Physics 2) is electric fields, circuits, magnetic fields, and optics. my next round of physics courses will be mechanical physics, which is like Physics 1, but with calculus thrown in. yay. math, physics, and engineering courses for the next 3 years. that's what I get for going physics w/ nuclear concentration. . .

anywho, a introductory engineering course is also an option.

or even more simply, a simple dose of patience, along with basic reading and math skills. and that rare, precious resource known as "common sense".

*grumbles something incoherent about kids these days*

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
More the community and less the game: people complaining when their framerates drop to a perfectly playable level. I'm not even talking "I can accept the occasional lag," either. (Yes, I realize some of it is tongue-in-cheek, but some people really are that anal.)

As for the game itself, my main problem with Minecraft is Mojang. Always has been.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
More the community and less the game: people complaining when their framerates drop to a perfectly playable level. I'm not even talking "I can accept the occasional lag," either. (Yes, I realize some of it is tongue-in-cheek, but some people really are that anal.)

As for the game itself, my main problem with Minecraft is Mojang. Always has been.

Not always.
It started going wrong after b1.7.3

Reactions: Padfoote

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Aah, I started around Beta 1.8, so I dunno what it was like before then.

Mountains could happen in any biome, rather than always in 1 biome.
Overall terrain shape had more variety; and you'd occasionally find epic mountains.​
2011-05-31_185944.png

2011-05-31_185934.png

2409838883250561605_2.png

_9028489474908844496_3.png

_9028489474908844496_2.png

1474776471_2.png

curtis-dent_2.png
Stuff like this was kinda rare- most the world was 'normal', with a pinch of unpredictable.
But every world had something unique.

Reactions: Padfoote