Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

KamikazeBacon

Jul 29, 2019
I would really like to see itemducts that access both sides of a double chest from a single connection point, like buildcraft pipes. Is this a foreseeable change, or is there a reason it only accesses one?

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I would really like to see itemducts that access both sides of a double chest from a single connection point, like buildcraft pipes. Is this a foreseeable change, or is there a reason it only accesses one?
KL's stated that he refuses to support the bad coding behind double chests. Use an iron chest or some other... I can't remember what he said, but he implied non-hack storage unit.

Reactions: RedBoss

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It will likely never happen unless minecraft changes the code for double chests as they're not actually a single chest. They're two chests placed next to each other with their visuals basically "merged" but aren't one.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Before I got to The End and killed the dragon, I used wrenched Lead and Redstone Energy Conduits for remote power. For remote liquids, I used the portable tanks. A few of the 32-bucket (pre-Ender Pearl) versions were more than enough for my needs at the time.

My early-game lava clearing "kit" while mining deep in the overworld was:

1x BC Pump
1x Energy Conduit (1st or 2nd tier)
1x Energy Cell (1st or 2nd tier)
Handful of Liquiducts
Handful of portable tanks

...and kept inside a TE3 Strongbox, of course !

'Twas a great way to get lava for power and for Obsidian.[DOUBLEPOST=1386631614][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ah ! So that's what Hugh Howey's Wool is based upon !

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
In theory, you can't, that'd be intended. If you find a mod that circumvents this either intentionally or through poor coding, please let me know so I can be sure to yell at the author.
Wouldn't computercraft turtles do that? And you can't yell at the author. Making a general change would be contrary to the whole turtle system.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Wouldn't computercraft turtles do that? And you can't yell at the author. Making a general change would be contrary to the whole turtle system.
If it's like apiaries frame slots it wouldn't be able to.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Um, is it intentional that turtles can't properly interact with all the slots of TE machines? I was trying to interact with an Induction Smelter with a turtle using OpenPeripheral .pullItemIntoSlot and pushItemIntoSlot, so I can use the turtle to automate switching out sand and rich slag. But not all the slots were accessible? I'm not talking about the capacitor slot, I'm referring to the input and output slots. (I want it to automatically remove rich slag from the output and immediately replace any sand in the system with rich slag.)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Um, is it intentional that turtles can't properly interact with all the slots of TE machines? I was trying to interact with an Induction Smelter with a turtle using OpenPeripheral .pullItemIntoSlot and pushItemIntoSlot, so I can use the turtle to automate switching out sand and rich slag. But not all the slots were accessible? I'm not talking about the capacitor slot, I'm referring to the input and output slots. (I want it to automatically remove rich slag from the output and immediately replace any sand in the system with rich slag.)

I would assume it's based on how the sides are configured. If anything though you could just pipe the rich slag to the turtle for the same effect with less code.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume it's based on how the sides are configured. If anything though you could just pipe the rich slag to the turtle for the same effect with less code.
Granted. But the more I can do with code, the less piping and room I need. In principle, if I could access all the slots via turtle, I can reduce my Induction Smelter set up to 3 chests (input, output, sand) a turtle, and the smelter itself. I consider this a worthy goal.

Also, fiddling with the side configurations doesn't change what the turtle can access, and also causes the smelter to dump items into the turtle's inventory, which I don't want.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Granted. But the more I can do with code, the less piping and room I need. In principle, if I could access all the slots via turtle, I can reduce my Induction Smelter set up to 3 chests (input, output, sand) a turtle, and the smelter itself. I consider this a worthy goal.

Also, fiddling with the side configurations doesn't change what the turtle can access, and also causes the smelter to dump items into the turtle's inventory, which I don't want.

You can only access the slots which correspond to the given color. There is no way to access all of them from a single side. If the turtle is properly checking ISided, it will have access to the slots of the color on that side.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Round-Robin function of itemducts still a thing?
I've tried everything I can think of with the cresent hammer to get them into that mode, but no such luck according to WAILA

Reactions: ewsmith

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
You can only access the slots which correspond to the given color. There is no way to access all of them from a single side. If the turtle is properly checking ISided, it will have access to the slots of the color on that side.
Unfortunately not?

I just tried a turtle below an induction furnace. The bottom slot of the furnace was set to green, the first input slot (which is 1). Then I wrapped the Induction furnace as a peripheral and had it pull from the turtle using .pullItemIntoInventory("down", 1, 1, n), varying n (which it the target slot). n=1, 3, 4, 5, 6 failed. n=2 succeeds, pulling the item into the purple slot.

Is this an openperipheral problem, or TE?

EDIT: Hmmm. Ok, further experimentation, specifically with the Induction furnace. Placing inventories on all sides of it, openperipheral is able to pull items into slot 2 from below, slot 5 from behind, and slot 6(!) from above. These are the only sides accessible by openperipheral, regardless of side configuration.

EDIT2: Ok, even more testing. Wrote a script that iterates over all directions. All I can say is that it is quite messed up. For example, using a pulverizer, only an inventory facing a blue side can have items pulled into the pulverizer, and at that, items can only be pulled into slots 2, 3, 4 and 5, but not 1, which is the blue slot. I give up.

Last edited:

Linkitch

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any plans to include color coding for Redstone Energy Conduits?

I'm running into the problem where I want to lay down 2 lines, one having the input from my Dynamos and another output from my energy cells. But I currently can't put them next to each other, which is a bit problematic.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
@Sam Cooper:
Maybe you could try a different approach and send an energy cell to the machine:
- place an energy cell above a hopper
- place an Autonomous Activator next to it facing the cell
- load the cell
- give the activator a wrench and have it shift-right-click when the cell is fully loaded
this should dismount the cell while keeping its power and it should be sucked in by the hopper.
now you can transfer the cell-item to the destination area and place it with another activator.
If you have the sides of the cell configured correctly, any adjacent pover conduit should connect and draw power from it.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a limit* to the backstuffing in a conduit?

*apart from the obvious platform-imposed limits for the size of anything in a computer

Yes. And there's a debug tool that can clear backstuff's if an op needs to. If you remove/break a conduit with more then 64 items in it the extra items are deleted. (Not sure if its 64 items or item stacks)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
They do.

I'm hoping the new top tier energy cell - fully charged - hold enough for applying several serums to a handful of bees.

Indeed it is ! The top tier is good enough for many applications of serums. I've been delaying a power production expansion for my ExtraBees machines due to the top tier energy cells tiding me over.