Terrafirmacraft Coming to FTB!?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
1. I know that Biox needed to hook into the forge ore dictionary, which he did (and i do know what hooking is). and the mod i use to add in my own recipes is custom mobs mod. 2. ever hood of a config file? 3. I already have done so, and while I admit that it was both difficult and i sacrificed a few useless mods to get it to work, something amazing happened, it worked. how about you try this before you state that it is impossible; or state that you never found a way to get it to work.
[none of the above comments were meant ill]
You do realize you have invoked a common internet rule, right?

Pics or it didn't happen. :eek:

Peffern

Jul 29, 2019
All added items are ore dictionary. If you dont know what that is let me tell you, its sort of a database from forge that means all items of that same name can be used in all recipes. This means that TFC copper can be used in place of TE copper. And even if some things dont carry over, there are mods that allow you to add your own recipes to bridge the mods. When i stated that I wanted to have a fun game by adding TFC into my Ultimate Pack, I did not expect such rage in this post on the subject. The FTB Team will not be adding it to any currently existing pack. That means that I have todo all this work for a fun game. The "I" is emphasized for a reason; if you cant tell what the reason is, Ill tell you, it means that you dont have to do it. This is for only those who want to put in the effort and reap the rewards. Now, please, stop making a mess of this thread. the original point of this thread was to find out if TFC is coming to FTB, not to rage about the difficulties of adding TFC into an existing mod pack.
[and, FYI, I have added TFC into my Ultimate Pack and am having a very realistic fun time trying to play the game.]
and with that I sign off,
kev12east
I agree with this. Also, kev, by the way, have you considered running a Feed the Terra server? I tried to set one up but my friends poo-pooed on my fun.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Still needing this Kev.
Show us the image of those Techmods working with TFC...

OK now you folks are just being a bit trolly.

Just becuase he does not give you pics (which really can be easy to fake) no need to hound the poor guy.

What do you got to gain by not letting the subject drop other then being able to dance around saying I told you so? Be the bigger Shoop walk away.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Still needing this Kev.
Show us the image of those Techmods working with TFC...
the reason I have not given a pic, is because a) i haven't had time to take a pic. b) i dont see it necessary.
thanks to the Shoop for being respectful and not annoying
also, i dont have to give you anything. you obviously wont believe me, saying I faked it. so, why do something that is ultimately pointless?[DOUBLEPOST=1363060476][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just becuase he does not give you pics (which really can be easy to fake) no need to hound the poor guy.

What do you got to gain by not letting the subject drop other then being able to dance around saying I told you so? Be the bigger Shoop walk away.
thanks for being nice :)

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019

I just did it because it was a little funny and stopped there. Nobody is funny on the internet! :p

And actually, I'd like to see some shots along with some technical explanation. TFC is a stellar mod and it would be magnificent to meld it into Ultimate alongside Ars Magica and Mo' Creatures. In addition, I love the idea of what COULD happen if you could merge Ultimate on full hardmode with TFC. Just think about the satisfaction you'd get from building a quarry THEN! :eek:

Heck, I'm fascinated by what could happen if TFC and Millenaire were given a crossover. With regards to TFC, there is no other mod I believe would fit most deliciously than Millenaire or something like it. That or some kinda Dwarf Fortress insanity. :D

Reactions: Whovian

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
And actually, I'd like to see some shots along with some technical explanation.

You and me both. I would love to see a FAQ/How To guide becuase it is clear there are others intrested in that. Also the whole proces could be used for other mods so over all the information would be great.

But I'm not going to hold my breath

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
You and me both. I would love to see a FAQ/How To guide becuase it is clear there are others intrested in that. Also the whole proces could be used for other mods so over all the information would be great.

But I'm not going to hold my breath
Saice, if you want a FAQ/how to, Ill make one. hopefully it will stop the nagging of "its impossible" and help develop new mod packs.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Saice, if you want a FAQ/how to, Ill make one. hopefully it will stop the nagging of "its impossible" and help develop new mod packs.

I personaly don't need one. But it seems people do want this information.

Personaly I like TFC how it is. And my hold my breath comment was not to imply your worng but that it was clear you did not want to write a faq and to be honest those are not fun to write and do well so I figured it was just something you might not be up for.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019

TFC is a Forge mod, so it is technically speaking compatible from the get go. I'm, assuming the worst issues is with cobble not being cobble anymore.
The ingots are ore dictionary compatible afaik. I think that was stated on the TFC board somewhere. so once you have the ingots, you are good to go on both copper, tin, and iron.

I'm wondering if you have any bridge mods added? I think there is a recipe changing mod out there somewhere. can't recall it's name atm, but i'm certain that the TFC planks can be made to substitute for vanilla plank with a mod like that. TFC has a series of different gem's, so those could be used as substitutes when changing recipes.

vanilla planks are craftable in TFC, and glass can be made in a forge. (just melt sand. takes a while, and takes a very high temp, but it's doable)

I might actually try to do this myself just to satisfy my curiosity... it would be really cool if someone made an actual ad-on to TFC with machines in it. would love to have a realistic steam engine for instance. something to aim for beyond survival.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The largest problem lies with the fact that a ton of really basic vanilla items do not exist in TFC - for example, dirt. Yes, you might not have expected that, but there is no vanilla dirt in TFC, among many other things, and this (or a similar item) really throws a spanner in the plans of many other mods.

Here's a guide on the TFC forums on how to make Thaumcraft 3 and TFC compatible. Only Thaumcraft 3, mind you, no other mods beyond that. It requires you to install a custom recipe mod and add about 100 custom recipes for converting TFC objects to vanilla objects.

Reactions: Captain Neckbeard

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
TFC is a Forge mod, so it is technically speaking compatible from the get go. I'm, assuming the worst issues is with cobble not being cobble anymore.
The ingots are ore dictionary compatible afaik. I think that was stated on the TFC board somewhere. so once you have the ingots, you are good to go on both copper, tin, and iron.

I'm wondering if you have any bridge mods added? I think there is a recipe changing mod out there somewhere. can't recall it's name atm, but i'm certain that the TFC planks can be made to substitute for vanilla plank with a mod like that. TFC has a series of different gem's, so those could be used as substitutes when changing recipes.

vanilla planks are craftable in TFC, and glass can be made in a forge. (just melt sand. takes a while, and takes a very high temp, but it's doable)

I might actually try to do this myself just to satisfy my curiosity... it would be really cool if someone made an actual ad-on to TFC with machines in it. would love to have a realistic steam engine for instance. something to aim for beyond survival.
I did add bridge mods

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I can't imagine playing TFC as an addition to ultimate. To me, that would totally defeat it's sense, it is actually the first mod that I really want to play as a completely standalone mod (except for conveniance mods like NEI or rei's minimap), and I want to play it the way it was meant to be played, including the FUN.

But that's just my personal opinion, so if you want to throw it on top of your ultimate pack, have at it hoss. Who the fuck am I to judge how people are playing a sandbox game?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I can't imagine playing TFC as an addition to ultimate. To me, that would totally defeat it's sense, it is actually the first mod that I really want to play as a completely standalone mod (except for conveniance mods like NEI or rei's minimap), and I want to play it the way it was meant to be played, including the FUN.

But that's just my personal opinion, so if you want to throw it on top of your ultimate pack, have at it hoss. Who the fuck am I to judge how people are playing a sandbox game?

Thats the camp im in. TFC just looks like it is best played as its own thing.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I just did it because it was a little funny and stopped there. Nobody is funny on the internet! :p

And actually, I'd like to see some shots along with some technical explanation. TFC is a stellar mod and it would be magnificent to meld it into Ultimate alongside Ars Magica and Mo' Creatures. In addition, I love the idea of what COULD happen if you could merge Ultimate on full hardmode with TFC. Just think about the satisfaction you'd get from building a quarry THEN! :eek:

Heck, I'm fascinated by what could happen if TFC and Millenaire were given a crossover. With regards to TFC, there is no other mod I believe would fit most deliciously than Millenaire or something like it. That or some kinda Dwarf Fortress insanity. :D

I think this would be my favourite modset of all time. TFC, Ultimate, Millenaire. Perhaps hints of BTW, but not too strong.

Guys, I might need to learn to code. Possibly attempt, unsuccessfully, to collaborate with Bioxx.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I think this would be my favourite modset of all time. TFC, Ultimate, Millenaire. Perhaps hints of BTW, but not too strong.

Guys, I might need to learn to code. Possibly attempt, unsuccessfully, to collaborate with Bioxx.
BTW will no longer be forge compatible. look for BWF-Better with forge

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
BTW will no longer be forge compatible. look for BWF-Better with forge

No, I'm not saying BTW should be in it, but a small amount of BTW's design philosophy, IMO, should (if such a modset is even possible.) Perhaps something like a TFC tech tree for really early on, then once you get through a chunk of that, a tech tree similar to BTW's comes in. It then advances to something Rennaisance-y, and eventually blossoms into something like the FTB with Factorization (if this mod reaches its full potential, it'll leave pretty much everything else in the dust,) Gregtech, Redpower, IC2, Thermal Expansion, and so on. Though probably not this exact set of mods, but I still feel like something really on par to Gregtech with all the mods which work well with it (on a hard mode, obvioiusly) would work amazingly as this bit of the tech tree. Ah, yes. I just realized who the person in charge of this project would be. Sid Meyer! (Sarcasm for the last three sentences, no sarcasm otherwise.)

Wait. If Bioxx adds an awesome API ...

Status
Not open for further replies.