Terrafirmacraft Coming to FTB!?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
I think it is going to be in a separate modpack. TF changes so many mechanics that may make teir 1 items from other mods endgame.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
until Mead mentioned it on his Forgecraft vid I'd not heard of it at all.. Now rather interested to try it :)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking forward to trying this. Unsure what other mods will even fit together with TFC, but it will definitely be fun for people like me who play for the challenge. :)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
maybe it will be terrafirma all the way to endgame gregtech...

not even LOOKING at that pack.

Zexmaxwell001

Jul 29, 2019

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
maybe it will be terrafirma all the way to endgame gregtech...

not even LOOKING at that pack.

Well, actually, once you get the hang of it, it's really fun! Well, once you get some mining materials, which takes a while. But once you've done that, it's completely worth it!

To adress the OP, I think a while ago the creator of TFC stated they didn't want TFC to be in a launcher. I'll try to find a link.

EDIT: Right at the bottom. http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1106-built-minecraftjar-file-download/page__st__20

EDIT 2: To Lambert2191, interesting. Looks like their policy changed.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Well, actually, once you get the hang of it, it's really fun! Well, once you get some mining materials, which takes a while. But once you've done that, it's completely worth it!

To adress the OP, I think a while ago the creator of TFC stated they didn't want TFC to be in a launcher. I'll try to find a link.
aparently it's on his website that it will be coming to FTB[DOUBLEPOST=1362256417][/DOUBLEPOST]http://terrafirmacraft.com/

front page:
And now for the real announcement.

I’ve been in contact with the FTB team and coming soon TFC1 will be included in the FTB launcher. No more spending hours trying to get TFC working because you have the wrong version of forge, or you installed playerapi in the wrong order. This feature should be coming in the next few weeks, so stay tuned.

Rednpd

Jul 29, 2019
Wow it's been a while since I've played TFC. Great news that it's coming to the launcher, will definitely have a separate single player save going for it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
quite funny that we're getting a modpack for a single mod XD

Well it does not play well with many other mods.

And to be honest FTB is more about easy to isntall Mods over all not just hand crafted packs.

Things like the FTB or Technic launcher get people into Modded MC that would normal not get into due to the complexity with modding MC by hand

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Well it does not play well with many other mods.

And to be honest FTB is more about easy to isntall Mods over all not just hand crafted packs.

Things like the FTB or Technic launcher get people into Modded MC that would normal not get into due to the complexity with modding MC by hand

Agreed, but WADR, I think that was sarcasm.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Honestly, I'm a big fan of TFC. It's challenging, but it keeps verisimilitude. It doesn't play well with most other mods (I saw REI's and NEI in Florastar's video), but that's because of the massive numbers of base-class edits, not because the mod developer got in a huff like a certain other one did...

Having said that, there are a lot of mechanical changes. The knapping system for stone tools would be a prime example, someone new to TFC would not necessarily find it intuitive. So it pretty much requires having the TFC wiki up in the background and referring to it constantly. Nothing wrong with that, of course, and once you get the hang of it you won't be flipping over every other second. But starting off... yea, it requires some documentation support. So I would not suggest this to be a mod to go into 'blind'.

I would suggest it to anyone who is wanting a change of pace. It really does have a different mindset to gameplay. You can't really 'rush' through the beginning phases unless you get insanely lucky with spawn. The 'tech tree' flows rather smoothly, and progresses at a decent rate, subject to materials available. And just wait until you get to actual smithing... the player's skill at the smithing mini-game has a mechanical impact on the item's durability. No automated crafting here.

In fact, there's almost no automation anywhere, which is going to be a real departure for most FTB users.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
but that's because of the massive numbers of base-class edits,

Nice post, but just a little thing. AFAICR, TFC makes absolutely no base class edits (in fact, I remember setting up an instance with Buildcraft, Forestry, Industrialcraft, and the works, though lack of ore dictionary support made this pointless,) but rather makes so many changes to how the game works that it's nearly impossible to really do anything with other mods in TFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.