Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
.. I've just found that mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1495041-147-forge-biomes-o-plenty-100-page-celebration-v040/
we could test that out instead of using extra biomes
So many more, actually different biomes, and a lot of them are really pretty, I would actually prefer this to EBXL any day.

Unfortunately, from the thread's FAQ:
Q: Can I add this mod to a mod pack?
A: No. This goes for any modpack, including Tekkit, Feed The Beast, and other modpacks

Which is a real shame
Oh well, I'll probably still just add it myself, thanks for showing it tho! :D

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
.. I've just found that mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1495041-147-forge-biomes-o-plenty-100-page-celebration-v040/
we could test that out instead of using extra biomes
Well, from what I see in his thread, he didn't go out off his way to make compatibility with Forestry and other mods in FTB.

There also seems to be some troubles with villages in his biomes.

Oh, and from the thread:
"Q: Can I add this mod to a mod pack?
A: No. This goes for any modpack, including Tekkit, Feed The Beast, and other modpacks."

While I see that it adds quite a few more biomes when compared to Extra Biomes XL, I don't think the downsides ae worth it, but it's only my opinion, and it doesn't have any special weight here.

EDIT: should have refreshed before posting, that's what I get, ninja'd more than an hour ago...

MrSwisstobi

Jul 29, 2019
So many more, actually different biomes, and a lot of them are really pretty, I would actually prefer this to EBXL any day.

Unfortunately, from the thread's FAQ:

Which is a real shame
Oh well, I'll probably still just add it myself, thanks for showing it tho! :D
oh ok... i havent read trough the FAQ, sad :(

JonReed

Jul 29, 2019
I can see how chainz is a much more friendly way to make elevators then Rp2, with the compromise that you can't automated it.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
My vote goes out to Minefactory Reloaded (Conveyor belts!) and Greg's lighting. That is just necessary.
I'd also love to see secret rooms in there, but there are apparently a lot of problems with item ID's, but aren't there supposed to be thousands of free ID spaces now?

Not yet. The Mojang crew just finished the first step. And that part is still preprelease.

Lemmypemmy

Jul 29, 2019
Better sprinting?
That mod that adds engine generators in tekkit so you can transform Minecraft Joules into Electrical Uits?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Better sprinting?
That mod that adds engine generators in tekkit so you can transform Minecraft Joules into Electrical Uits?
I have no clue on what you are talking about.
Is it possible that you follow the rules of this thread and give us a link to the mod thread?

nukularpower

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to suggest MineFactory Reloaded, by Power Crystals, be included in the Ultimate and (I know, weird) magic packs. This is a very old industrial mod that has never really gotten the recognition it deserves, mostly due to Buildcraft pipes taking over the item transport market. However, I find the conveyors from MFR to be a much more realistic alternative, as they make more sense thematically AND look cooler :)

The reason I suggest it for the magic pack is that the conveyors make a perfect complement to the Thaumcraft 3 golems, for obvious reasons, if you think about it. The conveyors from MFR are the only ones I've found that don't cause trouble to the golem AI when they go to pull items off of them. Running stuff all over your base on conveyors with golems pulling off of them is a great looking alternative to boring old pipes for a real techno-magic feel!

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...onverters2-is-here-mfr-and-more/page__st__420

I was going to suggest Runic Dust for the magic pack too, but I'm sure someone has hit that one already.

Edit: Looks like someone else recently suggested MFR, so consider this another vote for it :)

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to suggest MineFactory Reloaded, by Power Crystals, be included in the Ultimate and (I know, weird) magic packs. This is a very old industrial mod that has never really gotten the recognition it deserves, mostly due to Buildcraft pipes taking over the item transport market. However, I find the conveyors from MFR to be a much more realistic alternative, as they make more sense thematically AND look cooler :)

The reason I suggest it for the magic pack is that the conveyors make a perfect complement to the Thaumcraft 3 golems, for obvious reasons, if you think about it. The conveyors from MFR are the only ones I've found that don't cause trouble to the golem AI when they go to pull items off of them. Running stuff all over your base on conveyors with golems pulling off of them is a great looking alternative to boring old pipes for a real techno-magic feel!

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...onverters2-is-here-mfr-and-more/page__st__420

I was going to suggest Runic Dust for the magic pack too, but I'm sure someone has hit that one already.

Edit: Looks like someone else recently suggested MFR, so consider this another vote for it :)
Well, transporting items on the conveyor causes just as much lag as letting them on the ground.
Pipes, on the other hand, handle them differently, and it takes way more items to cause as much lag.

Having played with it quite some time ago, I do agree it has some nice machines, and a cool feel going for it, but most of it now feels like a cheap version of BC and Forestry, and that's kind of sad.
He really made some nice mods, but they haven't evolved much, when their concurrents went ahead and had a lot of plugins.

Also, you link point to the page 420 instead of pointing on the main post, any specific reason for that?

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, transporting items on the conveyor causes just as much lag as letting them on the ground.
Pipes, on the other hand, handle them differently, and it takes way more items to cause as much lag.

Having played with it quite some time ago, I do agree it has some nice machines, and a cool feel going for it, but most of it now feels like a cheap version of BC and Forestry, and that's kind of sad.
He really made some nice mods, but they haven't evolved much, when their concurrents went ahead and had a lot of plugins.

Also, you link point to the page 420 instead of pointing on the main post, any specific reason for that?

Powercrystals basically rewrote them recently. Minefactory got a lot of changes, and is not OP anymore, the conveyor belts can also be used to move mobs and other entities around. Which is great for the nether

nukularpower

Jul 29, 2019

You seem to be forgetting that MC now gloms similar items together into piles instead of leaving each seperate, which pretty much negates that :p Plus, I'm personally willing to deal with a bit of lag if it means more immersion and frankly, sense, as I personally find "item pipes" to be a rather ridiculous concept, especially the ones in Buildcraft (pneumatic tubes make a BIT more sense, though how they are applied in Minecraft is obviously pretty shaky.)

Again, you aren't keeping up with the times. For one thing, MFR was around WAY before Forestry. For the other, it has been rewritten and very heavily nerfed. Lastly, it still has quite a bit of functionality not in BC or Forestry, like the Fisher for example.

I don't even use or care about that bit of it though, I just love the conveyors and think that how they interact with TC3 golems is brilliant (the same as I won't touch Forestry aside from the bees, as I dislike magic "do-everything" blocks.) I tried every conveyor mod I could find, and the ones in MFR, like I said, are the only ones that didn't mess up the golem AI. As to the post, that just happened to be the one I had open :p

Anyways, it's not like you would be forced to use it if included. But it would definately be nice to have options to the silliness that is BC pipes. Plus, it's in Tekkit, for whatever that counts for - can't let them be ahead, can we? *cough* weaponmod *cough*

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I am not saying I dislike the mod, just pointing out some reasons why it might not be taken, seeing the policy of trying to avoid mods that do only things that are already in the pack.

As for the "stacking", yeah, MC does, but it will still lag your game when you kill 150 skeletons with a potion.
Well, half of the lag comes from the experience, but at least I don't crash when I have an obsidian pipe under them.

I would also like to have it added, just to add more choice on how to do things.

One question though:
When he rewrote it, did it make it so that his machine can output to chests, pipes of tubes?

I know, he has the conveyor belts, but having a choice on what to use is always good, right?

nukularpower

Jul 29, 2019
I am not saying I dislike the mod, just pointing out some reasons why it might not be taken, seeing the policy of trying to avoid mods that do only things that are already in the pack.

As for the "stacking", yeah, MC does, but it will still lag your game when you kill 150 skeletons with a potion.
Well, half of the lag comes from the experience, but at least I don't crash when I have an obsidian pipe under them.

I would also like to have it added, just to add more choice on how to do things.

One question though:
When he rewrote it, did it make it so that his machine can output to chests, pipes of tubes?

I know, he has the conveyor belts, but having a choice on what to use is always good, right?

Yes at the output thing. Not sure about pipes, but the machines definately work with chests/relays.

It does plenty that isn't already in the pack, like fully automatic animal breeding and age seperation setups, milkers, fishing machines, and even sewage collection (yay?) It is sort of like Forestry (which, frankly, copied a lot of the concepts that it started with from the old MFR :p ) but with a bigger focus on animal farming, which is an area that is lacking pretty badly in FTB currently. Heck, it even lets you juice your animals, and who doesn't like a hefty glass of sheep juice? (Actually, not for drinking, but still xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.