Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
Yes at the output thing. It does plenty that isn't already in the pack, like fully automatic cow/sheep breeding setups, cow juicing machines, fishing machines, and even sewage collection (yay?) It is sort of like Forestry, but with a bigger focus on animal farming, which is definately a lacking area in FTB currently.
+1

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Yes at the output thing. Not sure about pipes, but the machines definately work with chests/relays.

It does plenty that isn't already in the pack, like fully automatic animal breeding and age seperation setups, milkers, fishing machines, and even sewage collection (yay?) It is sort of like Forestry (which, frankly, copied a lot of the concepts that it started with from the old MFR :p ) but with a bigger focus on animal farming, which is an area that is lacking pretty badly in FTB currently. Heck, it even lets you juice your animals, and who doesn't like a hefty glass of sheep juice? (Actually, not for drinking, but still xD)

How about Steve'S Carts 2? You can do a very efficient animal breeding setup with it ;)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
If MFR gets added (the current version looks nice), please also add Flat Bedrock from the same author and post.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
How about Steve'S Carts 2? You can do a very efficient animal breeding setup with it ;)
Well, you can even do something with railscraft feeding station, and turtles have a module for that too.

What he meant by that was that it doesn't limit to breeding, there are machines to use your animals too, not just milking the cows.

JonReed

Jul 29, 2019
If MFR gets added (the current version looks nice), please also add Flat Bedrock from the same author and post.
Most flat bedrock mods have trouble with mystcraft ages, in that they add bedrock to ages that should not have bedrock(skyland and void terrain gen).

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
This flat bedrock mod just searches through the layers above 0 and replaces bedrock with stone. No problems with the mystcraft ages. (Just a quick look at the code in the github repository. I like open source mods :))

Reactions: electroscape

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Transformer addon mod because we need some type of power conversion
Redundant. There are what 3 power types at them moment. And one way or another they can be converted to another. Or will be soon as blue electric conversion is still being worked on.
Even Thamcraft powered engines are being worked on.

Angelo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone! Today i tried to play Mindcrack mod pack with Universal eletricity merged in one pack that i manually made simply adding the mods of uuniversal eletricity in the mods folder of the mindcrack modpack, after this i also added Xeno's reliquary mod, which is very cool! Everything work fine in single player and i will really appreciate if there could be a modpack like this, or at least it would be really amazing if someone could make a server with this mods :)

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone! Today i tried to play Mindcrack mod pack with Universal eletricity merged in one pack that i manually made simply adding the mods of uuniversal eletricity in the mods folder of the mindcrack modpack, after this i also added Xeno's reliquary mod, which is very cool! Everything work fine in single player and i will really appreciate if there could be a modpack like this, or at least it would be really amazing if someone could make a server with this mods :)

Well as a matter of fact my friend and I are working on a modpack which you might like. It doesn't have UE but it has a lot of great mods that you will probably like, including Xeno's reliquary. Here is the modlist for anyone interested
Not enough items
CodeChickenCore
Ender storage
Wireless Redstone chicken bones edition
Buildcraft
Industrialcraft 2
Redpower
Thaumcraft
Equivalent Exchange
Xycraft
Forestry
Computercraft
Steves Carts
Railcraft
Mystcraft
Factorization
Thermal Expansion
Balkons weaponmod
Iron pressure plate mod
Secret rooms
portal gun
gravity gun
Immibis core
Tubestuff
Immibis Peripherals
Diamond Buckets +
Iron chest
Transformers
Modular forcefield system
Gravity Suite
Advanced Machines
Advanced Solar Panels
Advanced Power Management
Nuclear Control
Additional Pipes
Logistics Pipes
Extra bees
Thaumic Bees
Miscellaneous Peripherals
Extra Biomes
Omnitools
CC Sensors
Advanced Alloys
Cogs of the Machine
Minefactory Reloaded
Xeno's Reliquary
Compact Mobs
Rei's Minimap
Charge Pads
Minechem
ModPLC
Harkens Scythe

Also its not a modpack yet, and its not guaranteed to be one, we are working on getting permissions right now. Here is the Forum Thread

Angelo

Jul 29, 2019
Well as a matter of fact my friend and I are working on a modpack which you might like. It doesn't have UE but it has a lot of great mods that you will probably like, including Xeno's reliquary. Here is the modlist for anyone interested
Not enough items
CodeChickenCore
Ender storage
Wireless Redstone chicken bones edition
Buildcraft
Industrialcraft 2
Redpower
Thaumcraft
Equivalent Exchange
Xycraft
Forestry
Computercraft
Steves Carts
Railcraft
Mystcraft
Factorization
Thermal Expansion
Balkons weaponmod
Iron pressure plate mod
Secret rooms
portal gun
gravity gun
Immibis core
Tubestuff
Immibis Peripherals
Diamond Buckets +
Iron chest
Transformers
Modular forcefield system
Gravity Suite
Advanced Machines
Advanced Solar Panels
Advanced Power Management
Nuclear Control
Additional Pipes
Logistics Pipes
Extra bees
Thaumic Bees
Miscellaneous Peripherals
Extra Biomes
Omnitools
CC Sensors
Advanced Alloys
Cogs of the Machine
Minefactory Reloaded
Xeno's Reliquary
Compact Mobs
Rei's Minimap
Charge Pads
Minechem
ModPLC
Harkens Scythe

Also its not a modpack yet, and its not guaranteed to be one, we are working on getting permissions right now. Here is the forum thread
This modpack seems to be really nice, i want try it when it will be done....however since it is in not finished yet, can i suggest you to add gregtech and universal eletricity? Many people hate gregtech but many others love it...universal eletricity and ICBM mods are really cool in pvp servers :) but maybe you want also give the oppurtunity to disable them for non-griefing and non-pvp servers :)

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack seems to be really nice, i want try it when it will be done....however since it is in not finished yet, can i suggest you to add gregtech and universal eletricity? Many people hate gregtech but many others love it...universal eletricity and ICBM mods are really cool in pvp servers :) but maybe you want also give the oppurtunity to disable them for non-griefing and non-pvp servers :)

Ooh, good suggestions. I'm not sure yet about gregtech thats why its not on the list. Basically its exactly what you said, its very controversial. I personally am one of the people who doesn't like it. But we might do something like have it included but disabled by default. Not sure about UE either. I don't really like the idea of having another electricity system. And it seems ICBM is really the only mod thats really that different. There is another mod we would like to use called more explosives. The only issue right now is it's currently incompatible with thaumcraft. Maybe you would like that?

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, good suggestions. I'm not sure yet about gregtech thats why its not on the list. Basically its exactly what you said, its very controversial. I personally am one of the people who doesn't like it. But we might do something like have it included but disabled by default. Not sure about UE either. I don't really like the idea of having another electricity system. And it seems ICBM is really the only mod thats really that different. There is another mod we would like to use called more explosives. The only issue right now is it's currently incompatible with thaumcraft. Maybe you would like that?
Personally I think ICBM is VERY superior to More Explosives. And Universal Electricity machines run off EU from Industrialcraft, and vice versa. Have you seen the UE mod Modular Powersuits? It's very different. Gregtech can be put on easy mode too, disable all the things it changes and leave the cool new machines.

Reactions: electroscape

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to put in another vote for Fallenbeast's IC2 addons, specifically Advanced Generators. It's quite possibly the coolest addon I've ever seen for IC2
Link: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2483
Where is the source of this info? I want Thaum engines :D.. Although Denoflions is tinkering with liquid aura in his Plugins for Forestry mod.
Not sure exactly where I found that info. I stumbled upon it while looking something up. I think it was in one of the secondary mods wiki's.
It could be used to consume enchantments but not the tolls themselves. And mystic items like enderperals and netherstars. it could also drain aura nodes. And since they are all connected you could drain the whole world.
that's all I remember. It's on a to do list and not released yet.
I'm still looking for where I found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.