Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Stargate does indeed look amazing, and he does say that if you ask nicely, he would probably give his consent for the pack.

The only thing is that it is only updated for 1.4.5, so it's a little behind in the updates, sadly, so I can't test it to see if it plays nice with what we have.

I don't know he seemed a little angry about letting people use his mod in a modpack

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know he seemed a little angry about letting people use his mod in a modpack

From the post:
"You may:
- Download the mod for private use.
- Create a texture pack based on the mod's current textures.
- Add the mod to your mod pack, AFTER asking me and receiving permission from me, which I will most likely grant if you ask nicely."

So, yeah, all you need is to ask, doesn't seem that hard, as long as you don't take credit from his mod afterward either.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I will give you two good reasons why Mo creatures won't be in.

First, from this thread, first page:
List of mods compiled by Greedseed

FOR THE OFFICIAL RELEASE NOT THE BETA
<snip>

Will Not be Included
Tree Capitator
Unbalanced

Metallurgy
Unbalanced

Mo' Creatures
No permissions
<snip>

And second, from the thread of Mo Creatures:

Q.: Can I include your mod in my modpack?
A.: I'm sorry, but no. Please do not PM me about it. The answer is still no.

So, the author refuses to give permission to anyone, but you can still include it by hand afterward.

By the way, I also let the two that are right before in the thread, because there is one that is quite frequently asked here, the tree capitator.

EDIT:
I really like some of the mods that are proposed here, not having time to check as much as I would like on my own, but please, do check if at least the author could accept to have his mod in FTB. Usually, there is a part called either "Legal" or "FAQ", that will cover the question.

I can totally understand the wish to have everything you want to play with in the pack, but the FTB team want to respect the wish of the authors that say "no" too.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I will give you two good reasons why Mo creatures won't be in.

First, from this thread, first page:

And second, from the thread of Mo Creatures:

So, the author refuses to give permission to anyone, but you can still include it by hand afterward.

By the way, I also let the two that are right before in the thread, because there is one that is quite frequently asked here, the tree capitator.

EDIT:
I really like some of the mods that are proposed here, not having time to check as much as I would like on my own, but please, do check if at least the author could accept to have his mod in FTB. Usually, there is a part called either "Legal" or "FAQ", that will cover the question.

I can totally understand the wish to have everything you want to play with in the pack, but the FTB team want to respect the wish of the authors that say "no" too.

Slowpoke did say Balkondeur didn't give permission for balkons weapons when he hadn't even asked him. Thats not reliable. Also I know of at least three modpacks (that claim to be legal) that have mo creatures.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke did say Balkondeur didn't give permission for balkons weapons when he hadn't even asked him. Thats not reliable. Also I know of at least three modpacks (that claim to be legal) that have mo creatures.

Not true. Slowpoke said he does not have permission for the mod. He never said he had ASKED for it. So you do not have permission without asking depending on the mod license.
I know that the phrasing is a bit misleading, it would have been better if it was "No Permission, not asked" but oh well get over it.

Reactions: TiGSpudgeaholic

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
I've played on a server that added Jammy's Furniture Mod. It's ultimately pointless though and full of bugs that cause crashes and kill FPS.
The Blinds item looks amazing, but is a real FPS killer. All the appliances are easily overshadowed by even the most basic of machines from other mods. Finally, placeable mob heads crash you and everyone else nearby when you place half of them in SMP. The right-click on the head to play the mob's sound feature also tends to crash servers if you use it on an Ender Dragon Head. Never mind that mob heads are already available from vanilla minecraft.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about Balkon, but Mo Creatures thread specifically states that he won't give permission for any mod pack.
And "hadn't even asked him"? You know that private messages exist, right?

I am not trying to defend Slowpoke or anyone else, I was just stating why Mo Creatures wouldn't be in, from two written and official sources (mod pack team and mod author).

For example, I would love to have Millenaire, because it adds a lot of life to the maps, way more than the vanilla NPC villages.
I mean, they expand, trade with the player and other villages, and even raid other villages.
But it is not yet at a very stable state, just looking at the change log, it fixed a bug that crashed the server when a raid finished and no player was connected.
It also adds a lot of structures in the terrain generation, so much that many people would find it hard to actually find a nice place to settle and build gigantic bases.

If I really want to play with it in my SSP, I will add it manually anyway, but I can understand why they wouldn't put something like that as default.

That is basically what you need to ask yourself when you have a mod you love.
Does the author states that he doesn't want modpacks to distribute his mod?
Is it listed in the "wont' be added" list?
Does it play nice with the other mods?
Does it add something that completes the other mods?

Sorry for the too serious post.

Smackzter

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion would be VoxelBoards.
Taken from the VoxelWiki: "VoxelBoards lets you create large virtual bulletin boards in-game. The user can scroll through these boards using the mouse scrollwheel."I'd like this added to the Mindcrack pack as that seems to be the one most Multiplayer servers run on. It's a REALLY handy mod for larger servers. I know you have computercraft monitors but lets be fair, holograms > All.

Example video presented by TheVoxelBox

Reactions: mr_vit

Psychyn

Jul 29, 2019
Balkons Weapon Mod.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/211517-146147forge-balkons-weaponmod-v110/

Why it should be added:

It has a lot of new weaponry varying from spears to crossbows and muskets, and all of these weapons to me; Feel like they should be in the base-game already. Step away from swords for a change, load your trusty musket and shoot that spider instead. Tired of that? Go hunt with a blowgun or flail your.. Well.. Flail at your enemies!

I like it, it's a good mix of new weaponry and the damage they do, with some being harder to make. To fire the musket for example, you need musket rounds. To make those, you need gunpowder. So you'll be wanting to hunt creepers actively to fire those rounds. While the training dummy doesn't do much.. It's a really awesome effect for a barracks, castle or training ground to have if you build a bit medieval styled. Apart from that, there are spears, flails, warhammers daggers and so on.

All in all, they are weapons the game should really already have. They make sense. (To me at least)

Edit; Sorry if it's been suggested before though. Didn't see it in the list, haven't read 48 pages. xD

Edit; Here are the damage values of the mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1491107-balkons-weaponmod-weapon-damages/

Edit; Well Crap, it was suggested six posts above this one. Well, consider this a +1 post then with more elaborate reasoning.

Reactions: mr_vit

andysids

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one else feel kinda weird about the fact that we have jet packs, power armor and nuclear reactors in our basements, but were still fight zombies with swords and bows? I think the devs should consider adding a mod with some equally technologically advanced weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.