Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure I like adding to many new mobs. Wouldn't it reduce the number of conventional mods that spawn?

Bigpappa305

Jul 29, 2019
I also give a +1 to the above mentioned Atmos Mobs, after reading. However I was also going to suggest the SuperSlopes mod, to add more to building because once you've made all machines and what not it back to your imagination. Also there was a plugin that I read about that changed it so mountainous regions would have more ores in it as they do in reality, I think that would also be nice to have included. Sorry if these have already been suggested but with 50 pages now thats a lot to try to go through.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
It's been brought up many times but hasn't seen a 'yes' or 'no' yet. I'd love to see http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...r-mod-for-forestry-thaumcraft-updated-jan-29/ Thaumic Bees included.

Because bees. Seriously, they are the most fun alternative gameplay I've found in a mod. Most of Minecraft modding is about extending what already exists, or automating things that you'd have to do by hand in Vanilla. Thaumcraft and Forestry Bees both provide completely new things to do in the game, and this union of the two is phenomenal. My independent monkeying with the add-on did not seem to produce any imbalanced results. If anything, the thaumic bees are inefficient compared to thaumaturge villager farming.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
Not compatible with Forge and doesn't work properly in SMP.

I'm fairly sure that ThaumicBees was meant to be in the pack originally. As for bees, yes they are awesome. But the ExtraBees machines completely ruin beekeeping (Not the extra bees themselves). They allow beekeeping fck-ups to make awesome bees with no work at all. Just turn useless rebred bees into DNA, make a serum, inject it into another bee and "poof" you have the ultimate bee with impossibly good stats that can work through the night, in the rain, inside and doesn't have any nasty status effects.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
But the ExtraBees machines completely ruin beekeeping (Not the extra bees themselves). They allow beekeeping fck-ups to make awesome bees with no work at all. Just turn useless rebred bees into DNA, make a serum, inject it into another bee and "poof" you have the ultimate bee with impossibly good stats that can work through the night, in the rain, inside and doesn't have any nasty status effects.

All of these things are possible with regular bee breeding. The ExtraBees advanced genetic machines allow you to input a different sort of work to get the same result. They don't make the process any faster, require a TON of bee breeding to fuel, and have huge power draws to operate. And if you use them wrong, you'll kill your bees or make them radioactive and give them the Swarmer trait (so they die in a few generations)

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Not compatible with Forge and doesn't work properly in SMP.

I'm fairly sure that ThaumicBees was meant to be in the pack originally. As for bees, yes they are awesome. But the ExtraBees machines completely ruin beekeeping (Not the extra bees themselves). They allow beekeeping fck-ups to make awesome bees with no work at all. Just turn useless rebred bees into DNA, make a serum, inject it into another bee and "poof" you have the ultimate bee with impossibly good stats that can work through the night, in the rain, inside and doesn't have any nasty status effects.
For Extra bees, since the update, you have chances of loosing the bee with your isolator, and if you don't use your purifier to get extra quality, you will screw the bee you were trying to enhance.
You make it sound like it's really easy and all, but it takes making a bee having the trait, in quantities to isolate it, then use quite a lot of liquid dna to fill it, and again a lot to put the quality back up.

Not to mention that they are costly to make (purifier needing 3 ghast tears for example).

Yes, they provide you with a way to make better bees, and possibly even changing species, but the last update of the packs introduced more cost to the process, and it's not like it makes bees really that easy.
It's more of a tool for people having delved quite far in bees already.

And "ruin beekeeping", there is the soul frames that enhance the breeding chances, but you still need to work quite a lot in order to discover the various species, it's not like you can really just make super bees out of nowhere, you need to have bees with the trait in the first place too.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, that would be interesting. I think there should be two more packs. Have the ultimate pack be basically the magic and tech worlds combined (with EE3 and extra bees) and then have an actual "ultimate" one which would just have a crapton of mods, all the mods from the ultimate pack, UE, and a lot of other tech/magic mods that aren't in the "ultimate" pack

wertyujh

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Today i was talking to some one on a server, and we were talking about what we would need to do if the sun suddenly shut down. Solar power obviously would not be possible (not even "night" generation because moonlight is technically sunlight), but it goes way deeper then that. you cant grow anything, you cant breed any bees except for the "cave" ones, the surface would be permanently dangerous.

Then an idea sprung to mind.
What if you generate a new world, wich has 10 or 20 days of sunlight to get you setup, and after that the sun explodes (we ignore gamma radiation here) and there wont be any sunlight. ever!
Our ideas included cave bees and uu matter generation (lava, water mills?)

If someone were too make a mod pack that includes this, I think it would turn out pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.