Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

andysids

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to formally request the addition of Modular Power Suits to FTB. This mod adds customisable power armour to the game on par with (or even superior to) the Gravitation Suit from the Gravitation Suite, assuming you outfit the suit with the most advanced modules available at once. It also includes a customisable multi-tool that outstrips pretty much any other tool in the game once appropriately modified.

The mod is under rapid development and already established compatibility for both Universal Electricity and IndustrialCraft2. It includes support for vanilla, UE, IC2 and GregTech-based recipes, which you can toggle on or off in the config file.

Using the mod personally it already has no block nor item conflicts whatsoever with anything in the existing packs and I use it without making any config changes: a literal drop in and go. Additionally the most recently version (build #89 as I write this) appears to have fixed all the outstanding compatibility problems with other mods, all of which were minor anyway.

I concur. This mod is awesome, and should definitely be in ftb

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't object to it being added. I just don't think we need 20 more pages of people arguing over it.
If I correctly recall, that was over it being in the ultimate pack. I think it fits perfectly with the magic theme of the magic pack. I'm pretty sure the mindcrack pack is still in the complete control of the mindcrackers, so really only they can decide.

I'd like to formally request the addition of Modular Power Suits to FTB. This mod adds customisable power armour to the game on par with (or even superior to) the Gravitation Suit from the Gravitation Suite, assuming you outfit the suit with the most advanced modules available at once. It also includes a customisable multi-tool that outstrips pretty much any other tool in the game once appropriately modified.

The mod is under rapid development and already established compatibility for both Universal Electricity and IndustrialCraft2. It includes support for vanilla, UE, IC2 and GregTech-based recipes, which you can toggle on or off in the config file.

Using the mod personally it already has no block nor item conflicts whatsoever with anything in the existing packs and I use it without making any config changes: a literal drop in and go. Additionally the most recently version (build #89 as I write this) appears to have fixed all the outstanding compatibility problems with other mods, all of which were minor anyway.
I agree with this. Not only does the suit look superb, but the functionality of it is great, I love the fact that the author is planning to make it so that you can use the helmet as goggles of revealing. That alone makes this mod great in my opinion.

Reactions: Lonewolf187

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Flans mod
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...s-guns-multiplayer-tdm-conquest/#ContentPacks
this mod is similar to Minecraft Forge in that it allows other mods to run. In this case, these "other mods" are called "content packs." these allow for rendering of different vehicles and weapons, such as, planes(biplanes, jets) and cars(ATVs, jeeps, ambulances, BMWs). As for weapons various content packs have(crossbows, modern weapons, WW2 weapons). overall, I believe this would be a great addition to any modpack in the launcher.

shadydeath

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't object to it being added. I just don't think we need 20 more pages of people arguing over it.
that is just why i posted it here. i only want the mindcrack people and the ftb people to take a look at it to add it. and let know if its going to be added or not. if it isnt going to be added, i already made a mindcrack working config

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
that is just why i posted it here. i only want the mindcrack people and the ftb people to take a look at it to add it. and let know if its going to be added or not. if it isnt going to be added, i already made a mindcrack working config

I am like 99% sure that they have already seen it as its been suggested many times. Im not sure about the mindcrack guys though

WhatGravitas

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with this. Not only does the suit look superb, but the functionality of it is great, I love the fact that the author is planning to make it so that you can use the helmet as goggles of revealing. That alone makes this mod great in my opinion.
Also, since it takes into account other mods (Universal Electricity, IC2, GregTech), it should fit right into any pack without many issues in terms of balancing (which seems to be the main difference between Direwolf20 and Mindcrack pack). And the option to colour the suit or make it transparent is super-helpful for multiplayer.

Reactions: mr_vit

Laslon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
Couldn't see this mod on the list so.....
MineChem

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1611745-minechem-2-pr61-now-with-chemistry-turtles-8th-jan-tue/

This mod is a great little mod, works great with IC2 and Forestry ores and ingots, its still doesn't have Greg's tech dusts but it does have Chemistry Turtles. :D
I think this would be great for the Mindcrack pack, if they like it, it adds ways of getting things by breaking down the elements of the item and through research you can combine them using machines, that are added by the mod, into other objects. E.g Coal gets broken down into Carbon then combine the carbon into stronger carbon, then combine that to make Diamond, just one example but you can make pretty much anything :)
Think it would work great in the tech pack too.
Thanks for the consideration.
Hope to just get the word out that this mod is back :)

Edited due to terrible grammar (I grammar Nazi'd myself :) )

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
FOSSIL ARCHEOLOGY GOT UPDATED :D
It'd go great in some of the packs
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ilarcheology-fans-renaissance-v10-recruiting/
It is common to give your opinion on why you think the mod would be a good addiition to the pack, you know?

Personally, I don't see the appeal of having yet more stuff in the ground to store away, that won't do anything in any other mod than itself.
And the most interesting part (growing a T-rex as a pet) doesn't even give you a pet that would attack enemies, it stays as a passive mob. (from the post itself, in bugs section)

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Here's another quite nice mod I've found:
The Condensed Blocks mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...200sspsmpic2-forestry-mffs-railcraft-support/
For the Minecrafter who has (too much of) everything!

This mod would be great for any pack, it allows you to basically make blocks of most items, and you can make blocks of those blocks, and blocks of those blocks.
Meaning you'll no longer need 300 chests to hold those overly abundant materials.

Plus it supports a bunch of stuff from a lot of mods already in FTB:
From the thread:
IC2 - 12 Blocks
Copper
Tin
Bronze
Uran
MachineBlock
ReinforcedStone
ReinforcedGlass
Scaffold
RubberWood
Rubber
StickyResin
Scrapbox

MFFS - 1 Block
Forcicium

Forestry - 6 Blocks
Humus
Bogearth
Apatit
Honeydrop
Peat
Bituminous Peat

Railcraft - 6 Blocks
Block of Concrete
Steel
Infernal Bricks
Sulfur
Salpeter
Coal Coke

Buildcraft - 14 Blocks
Red Pipe Wire
Blue Pipe Wire
Green Pipe Wire
Yellow Pipe Wire
Wooden Pipes
Cobblestone Pipes
Stone Pipes
Iron Pipes
Gold Pipes
Diamond Pipes
Obsidian Pipes
Sandstone Pipes
Void Pipes
Structure Pipes

Waterproof & Conductive get condensed to the base form.
(Plus plans to add support for Gregtech and RP2)

Permissions should not be a problem either, he states at the beginning of the thread Modpacks are ok as long as they're non-commercial.

Overall its a pretty nice mod that'd save everyone a lot of space. :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Here's another quite nice mod I've found:
The Condensed Blocks mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...200sspsmpic2-forestry-mffs-railcraft-support/
For the Minecrafter who has (too much of) everything!

This mod would be great for any pack, it allows you to basically make blocks of most items, and you can make blocks of those blocks, and blocks of those blocks.
Meaning you'll no longer need 300 chests to hold those overly abundant materials.

Plus it supports a bunch of stuff from a lot of mods already in FTB:
From the thread:
(Plus plans to add support for Gregtech and RP2)

Permissions should not be a problem either, he states at the beginning of the thread Modpacks are ok as long as they're non-commercial.

Overall its a pretty nice mod that'd save everyone a lot of space. :p
That does look nice. I especially like that he didn't go overboard and add condensed block tools and armour. That would make a usefull mod turn stupid. Although, that method making say 9 stacked tools would be awesome. :)

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019

One more vote for this mod.

benben500

Jul 29, 2019
May I inquire as to why metallurgy is considered unbalanced?

The problem is that it makes it easy for a player to increase the amount of ores in the world really easily and without consequences. And I don't completely agree with this, I'm just stating what was said before.

Booglesmith

Jul 29, 2019
It might have been said already, but have you guys considered adding minefactory reloaded to the mod pack? I am not sure whether it is up to date and stuff, but it is in tekkit and it seems like it adds some things in the area of farming that could be useful.

Reactions: Jyzarc
Status
Not open for further replies.