Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
+1 for Modular Power Suits in pretty much any pack. It has a GregTech hard mode for it's recipes, IC2 recipe support, Universal Electricity support, and Vanilla support(as in, works without IC2 or UE power sources, and can be crafted without IC2 or UE). It is able to do most things the Quantum Suit in IC2 can do(except clear potion effects, protect against lava/fire, and feed you), and is very well made. Future versions will be able to generate power for the suit in all kinds of cool ways(I can't wait for Bistromathmatic energy!), and it's adding all kinds of fancy weapons to as well. It even is able to toggle modules if you have the right upgrade, allowing for power conservation if you need to save power, or turn them on for fancy battle effects(mostly the Invisibility for that).
Almost all modules can be upgraded via overclocking, or in some cases, simply making them bigger(such as with plating and batteries). Overclocked systems use more power, and bigger systems slow you down, but one can add modules to allow you to move faster.

While this would be enough of a argument, checking the plans for the mod will likely make anyone want it. Though I should note, it's still being worked on, and while most things sound like they will either be hard to add or perhaps overpowered, it's being balanced for 4 levels of players(or rather, 3, vanilla, UE/IC2, GregTech), and it seems to be getting better and better.
Plus, the Multitool will eventually be a shape changing monster tool. Different modules will change the appearance of the armor, maybe even depending on what modules are in use at a specific moment.(in later versions, likely only after forge supports multi-level textures, or maybe sooner actually, depending on how it gets implemented)

That all being said, I have been watching another mod, which while it is still a WIP, is very unique in implementation, if not in goals.
Cogs - Gears of the Machine. While it is able to do many things other mods already do, it does so in a very unique way. Yes, one can increase ore output with it, but it's random how much you get(1-3 ore chunks per block). Yes, one can automate a mob farm with it(not 100% automate, but still, it's a start), but it's not super easy to do so.
All of it's machines run off of Mechanical Power, and this power is transfered via gears. But it is able to do many things other mods I have seen can not. The recent update with Wind-up tools has sold me on it. Many mods have unique power tools, but I have not heard of many powered axes which cut down whole trees in such a cool manner, nor have I see mods able to charge up attacks which can deal lots of damage, and break blocks in the field. The Rivet gun however, just sounds crazy fun. Plus the mod has a hand pump, able to hold up to 10 buckets of any* liquid, and place them again.
*any as in any which registers the fluid in the Liquid API

It's not perfect, and it is still being worked on, kinks being worked out, but it already has support for a harder mode on the ore smashing; it can be set to only give 1 chunk of ore, with a small chance for a second one.

Plus, not many mods have such green energy power solutions. Simple but effective. Just how I like my stuff.

Reactions: andysids and Jyzarc

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to come up every month so I'll add it again. Logistics Pipes has a very stable branch for 1.4.7 that seems to work when I include it into Direwolf20 and Mindcrack by hand without any bad side effects. As far as I can tell, it was within the license for this fork to be created so it's not gated by any copyright issue.

Please please consider adding this. Redpower2 Sorting machines and Sortrons are great and all, but is extremely resource intensive and does less. Logistics pipes also help remove some of the remaining minor issues with buildcraft pipes. The Minecraft world will be a better place when we don't have to put in computationally expensive bridging blocks to connect different tube systems.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to come up every month so I'll add it again. Logistics Pipes has a very stable branch for 1.4.7 that seems to work when I include it into Direwolf20 and Mindcrack by hand without any bad side effects. As far as I can tell, it was within the license for this fork to be created so it's not gated by any copyright issue.

Please please consider adding this. Redpower2 Sorting machines and Sortrons are great and all, but is extremely resource intensive and does less. Logistics pipes also help remove some of the remaining minor issues with buildcraft pipes. The Minecraft world will be a better place when we don't have to put in computationally expensive bridging blocks to connect different tube systems.
I also happen to love this mod a lot, it adds so much to BC pipes, and makes it possible for a feasible automated crafting "on demand".

The sad thing is that Slowpoke (and possibly others) is completely against using any version that is not the official one.
The author not having officially given the mod to someone else, ans working hard on BC when he gets time, it seems to take time before we can see an update.

Please krapht, come back or give the other guys the rights for the mod.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
That all being said, I have been watching another mod, which while it is still a WIP, is very unique in implementation, if not in goals.
Cogs - Gears of the Machine. While it is able to do many things other mods already do, it does so in a very unique way. Yes, one can increase ore output with it, but it's random how much you get(1-3 ore chunks per block). Yes, one can automate a mob farm with it(not 100% automate, but still, it's a start), but it's not super easy to do so.
All of it's machines run off of Mechanical Power, and this power is transfered via gears. But it is able to do many things other mods I have seen can not. The recent update with Wind-up tools has sold me on it. Many mods have unique power tools, but I have not heard of many powered axes which cut down whole trees in such a cool manner, nor have I see mods able to charge up attacks which can deal lots of damage, and break blocks in the field. The Rivet gun however, just sounds crazy fun. Plus the mod has a hand pump, able to hold up to 10 buckets of any* liquid, and place them again.
*any as in any which registers the fluid in the Liquid API

It's not perfect, and it is still being worked on, kinks being worked out, but it already has support for a harder mode on the ore smashing; it can be set to only give 1 chunk of ore, with a small chance for a second one.

Plus, not many mods have such green energy power solutions. Simple but effective. Just how I like my stuff.
This was suggested several pages back. It had far less stuff and the time and I was against it. It's actually got some new stuff in it now and might be worth putting in.
Though the tools and weapons seem rather overpowered. The rivet gun has no charge time and can outdamage and outrange a bow. Unless it eats through mechanical energy fast, it'll be overpowered.

Reactions: electroscape

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Better Dungeons lives again! The last time this mod was updated, 1.2.5 was still new so it's been a while since this was around.

Better Dungeons adds... ...better dungeons.

They're actually very varied. Here are some examples of the dungeons I found in the 1.2.5 version:

- Multi-level dungeons built into cliff-faces
- Pirate ships with booty to plunder
- Deluxe multi-level super-dungeons with bosses at the bottom and extreme (for vanilla) rewards
- Monster barracks
- Skycastles

I'm sure I forgot a few and never encountered many others. It's really nice to see this mod return! :D

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, this page is a mess...
Modular Powersuit just two posts below the last post about it, cog of the machine after it being out of posts for some pages (actually having received a big update in between, so that's at least that), and now, one that is being submitted times and times again during this whole last month, divine rpg...

Is it too much to ask to at least search the few last pages, and only repost a mod if it received big enough content update to make it a better addition to the packs?

Well, not like it will matter, because it will be exactly the same on the next page.

Reactions: Jonh_McFee

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
first off all divine RPG isn't a 'tech mod' in the magic pack it fits but in the other packs it doesn't fit

flan's mod works great with the mindcrack pack and direwolf20 pack +1

better dungeons fits because we haven't a whole lot of dungeons in FTB +1

cogs of machines is a nice mod but i think when they add more stuff it will become more relevant to use it. like i don't use Factorization a whole lot. (exept barrels)

bibliocraft is a good astetics mod and has nice abilities +1

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, this page is a mess...
Modular Powersuit just two posts below the last post about it, cog of the machine after it being out of posts for some pages (actually having received a big update in between, so that's at least that), and now, one that is being submitted times and times again during this whole last month, divine rpg...

Is it too much to ask to at least search the few last pages, and only repost a mod if it received big enough content update to make it a better addition to the packs?

Well, not like it will matter, because it will be exactly the same on the next page.
I guess if someone would like to make a Google Doc with all the already mentioned mods, much of this mess would disappear. All these multiple suggestions of the same mods make searching for mods quite difficult.

If I start a doc like this, can I get a couple of people to help me skim through the thread? I can ask Jadedcat to edit the title saying that there's a list in the first page, leading to the doc.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I guess if someone would like to make a Google Doc with all the already mentioned mods, much of this mess would disappear. All these multiple suggestions of the same mods make searching for mods quite difficult.

If I start a doc like this, can I get a couple of people to help me skim through the thread? I can ask Jadedcat to edit the title saying that there's a list in the first page, leading to the doc.
That's a pretty good idea, with 10 people each could take 5 pages and be done in no time.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
first off all divine RPG isn't a 'tech mod' in the magic pack it fits but in the other packs it doesn't fit

Do you really consider all of those as "tech mods"?

Equivalent Exchange
Extra Bees
Mystcraft
Soul Shards
Thaumcraft
Twilight Forest

I don't think so, so if there are already non tech mods in the pack (and the FTB team also said they don't want to be an exclusive tech pack) I don't see a reason not to add another non tech-mod.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
Do you really consider all of those as "tech mods"?

Equivalent Exchange
Extra Bees
Mystcraft
Soul Shards
Thaumcraft
Twilight Forest

I don't think so, so if there are already non tech mods in the pack (and the FTB team also said they don't want to be an exclusive tech pack) I don't see a reason not to add another non tech-mod.

equivalent exchange i think we can classify as a magic mod. you are right it isn't a tech mod.
extra bees is a tech mod because it adds bees in forestry. those bees can be used to make oil.
mystcraft is also not a tech mod true
soul shards adds spawners witch can be used to automate stuff like bonemeal production
thaumcraft also adds automation.
twilight forest is indeed not a tech mod.

but after all, do we really want 100 extra mobs to make it even harder. well i don't think so.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
As someone mentioned, there's always just making an additional pack that would contain this kind of mods, so people who would like to increase the difficulty can play in said pack.
(Kinda like with Gregtech.)

You should not speak as if you had a voice for everyone, that you do not like something does not mean nobody does.
The simple fact that this has been suggested by many on various occasions should show at least some people ARE interested in such.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
As someone mentioned, there's always just making an additional pack that would contain this kind of mods, so people who would like to increase the difficulty can play in said pack.
(Kinda like with Gregtech.)

You should not speak as if you had a voice for everyone, that you do not like something does not mean nobody does.
The simple fact that this has been suggested by many on various occasions should show at least some people ARE interested in such.

well then i'm gonna excuse me if i sounded rude.

well they could make a like private pack with the password divinerpg that could work but that doesn't mean it needs to be in the main pack. this is a suggestion thread for the main pack.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
@jordymasijn

I just read a little bit in the divine-rpg wiki and although I still think it would be wrong to exclude a mod just bc it is not considered a tech mod, I agree this mod would be misplaced in the normal packs.

Divine RPG seems more like a Action-Adventure and not a Sandbox Game (like Terraria) so I think it's better to play this mod on his own to experience the fun of it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
+1 for Thaumic Bees(it's been suggested before)
Do I need to explain why it's awesome? But I shall explain why it should be added.

It's a crossover mod for Forestry and Thaumcraft 3. Goals of the mod seem to be in line with Extra Bees, except it focuses on other types of resources, namely ones from Thaumcraft 3. It has some crazy bees which do insane things, yes(I'm looking at YOU, Ghastly Bees), but most of the bees are relatively tame. There are bees which can produce shards for the player(all of which have cool secondary uses), a breed which can produce lore fragments, which are in turn used to create Knowledge Fragments, and there is even some bees which seem to be focused on nodes. There aren't a whole lot of mods with TC3 Research yet, but Thaumic Bees is one of them.
The mod even has crossover bees with Extra Bees(again, I'm looking at YOU, Ghastly Bees), but most bees in it are usable without Extra Bees. This would be enough for most people, but it even adds new Frames for your Apiaries(magical frames, that is), and a way to stretch your Apatite via Thaumaturgy.

Still no Bee Wands, though, so I can't give it a 100% rating yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.