Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually been using two mods that seem would fit Magic World quite nicely and don't seem to have a problem with other mods in the pack.

Harken Scythe Mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...bloodletting-and-adjustments-v114-upd-jan-10/
I mean, soul manipulation, new potions and a bunch of more of that kind of stuff, it was made for Magic World. :p

Also there's Magical Crops: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...rops-who-doesnt-love-farming-forge-11-smpssp/
A great and fun way to improve farming.
At first i thought it would make getting things way too easily, but its actually pretty well balanced!
Not to mention it adds some nice new blocks that are great for building as well. :)

I only had some ID conflicts with SecretRooms, but it was easy to fix.
(Just had to change the 4090-4095 IDs in Magic Crops to something else.)

The author himself has said he'd like to see the mod in FTB, so I doubt there'd be problems with permission either.

Reactions: Zmaster27

Awesomeguy981

Jul 29, 2019
I think for all of those recommended RPGs mods to this thread should nt be put into the the pack because they don't belong in a magic and techpack.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually been using two mods that seem would fit Magic World quite nicely and don't seem to have a problem with other mods in the pack.

Harken Scythe Mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...bloodletting-and-adjustments-v114-upd-jan-10/
I mean, soul manipulation, new potions and a bunch of more of that kind of stuff, it was made for Magic World. :p

Also there's Magical Crops: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...rops-who-doesnt-love-farming-forge-11-smpssp/
A great and fun way to improve farming.
At first i thought it would make getting things way too easily, but its actually pretty well balanced!
Not to mention it adds some nice new blocks that are great for building as well. :)

I only had some ID conflicts with SecretRooms, but it was easy to fix.
(Just had to change the 4090-4095 IDs in Magic Crops to something else.)

The author himself has said he'd like to see the mod in FTB, so I doubt there'd be problems with permission either.

Both look nice but I could see the magical crops being a little OP. And pretty much every mod has ID conflicts with secret rooms

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I could see the magical crops being a little OP.
I used to think so when I saw it, but once you start playing it, you'll see its not so much.

Since you need "Essence Ore" to make seeds from ores, more expensive items (Diamond and Emerald per say) need lots to make a single seed.
Plus when harvesting you do not get the ore right away, you get "essence" of said ore which you need to combine multiple of to make the item.

For example, you need 8 Essence Ore and 1 Coal to make Coal seeds, and you need 6 coal essences to get 10 coal.
While Diamond on the other hand needs 6 Large Magic Essences (which needs a lot of Essence Ores combined to make.) and 1 Diamond to make Diamond Seeds, and you need 7 Diamond Essences to make a single Diamond.

Plus you can also instead make different blocks with said Essences, which are mainly for aesthetics, so if you don't want to make ores, you can just do it for that.

Its as most reviews say, its mainly aimed for people who don't like mining as much and/ or prefer staying in the surface and if you do like mining, then you can just use them to get some nice looking blocks instead.

Plus it adds new foods, which altho right now they do the same, its still nice to have the variety. :p

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, ID conflicts can be solved in the config, if the mod has been well done, so no problem if that's the only thing.

Hemlas

Jul 29, 2019
My vote goes out to Minefactory Reloaded (Conveyor belts!) and Greg's lighting. That is just necessary.
I'd also love to see secret rooms in there, but there are apparently a lot of problems with item ID's, but aren't there supposed to be thousands of free ID spaces now?

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
My vote goes out to Minefactory Reloaded (Conveyor belts!) and Greg's lighting. That is just necessary.
I'd also love to see secret rooms in there, but there are apparently a lot of problems with item ID's, but aren't there supposed to be thousands of free ID spaces now?
I would like to see all 3. The item/block ID's aren't really a problem, you can usually change the ID's usually (and in this case you can)

Status
Not open for further replies.