Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
What about Minecraft rediscovered? It adds stuff that has either been half implemented (such as sponges) not implemented but in the code/textures (such as quivers) and things that have been removed (such as giants). But all the stuff in it has its own unique features that are really cool. Such as quivers letting you rapid fire bows, locked chest blowing up when trying to open them, lanterns acting like a torch while carrying it, sponges having their original function. Theres even skylands and ride able chickens. The forum link is here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1313594-132-rediscovered-mod-by-stormister/

Zachary

Jul 29, 2019
What about Minecraft rediscovered? It adds stuff that has either been half implemented (such as sponges) not implemented but in the code/textures (such as quivers) and things that have been removed (such as giants). But all the stuff in it has its own unique features that are really cool. Such as quivers letting you rapid fire bows, locked chest blowing up when trying to open them, lanterns acting like a torch while carrying it, sponges having their original function. Theres even skylands and ride able chickens. The forum link is here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1313594-132-rediscovered-mod-by-stormister/
Feed the Beast is a "Tech-Esque" mod pack, and it is probably easy to understand how minecraft rediscovered is not really tech related
Just Saying

NeoDraconis

Jul 29, 2019
I did before I posted that. You can tell me what the heck you're trying to say or not.

You obviously missed it then. Of course it does not help when people type insta instead of instant. As for the fact you overlooked it when it is on the same page, well... that speaks for itself and rather poorly I might add.

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
Feed the Beast is a "Tech-Esque" mod pack, and it is probably easy to understand how minecraft rediscovered is not really tech related
Just Saying
I don't see how Thaumcraft, EE3, mystcraft, parts of factorization and other parts fit in with the tech mods either. That argument is not valid we are far beyond a tech mod here. An argument such as "These features were removed for a reason, lets let the ideas die in peace." Sorry it just bugs me when people do that.

nukularpower

Jul 29, 2019
Now, I know this is a magic mod, but I'm suggesting it for a reason. EE3 seems to be doing away with alot of the stuff that was used heavily in the FTB maps. This mod, Ars Magicka, has a similar system that is a good bit more balanced than EE2's and is quite flashy to boot. It's alot more magic oriented than TC2, though, but the spells and such could always be disabled - but I find it much more balanced and well developed than most of the magic mods, barring Thaumcraft. Might be worth checking out for the mapdev angle.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1486184-132-ars-magica-an-advanced-magic-mod-for-minecraft/

Drunar

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see how Thaumcraft, EE3, mystcraft, parts of factorization and other parts fit in with the tech mods either. That argument is not valid we are far beyond a tech mod here. An argument such as "These features were removed for a reason, lets let the ideas die in peace." Sorry it just bugs me when people do that.

Slowpoke has said that Thaumcraft will not be part of the main FTB modpack

Drunar

Jul 29, 2019
WHAT?!? Why the heck not?

I think his reason was "because he said so" but im not completely sure. Thaumcraft 3 will be added in a magic pack. I don't know if it is going to funktion as an add-on or a seperate modpack on the FTB launcher.

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree with this descision although its not my descision to make. Do you know if there will be a single large pack or will I need to start combining packs myself?

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree with this descision although its not my descision to make. Do you know if there will be a single large pack or will I need to start combining packs myself?
I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you. IF Slowpoke did indeed say that (we only have one random source right now, no offense, bsb23) I'm sure it will be a part of a major modpack. Azanor is part of the tight-knit group of modders on Forgecraft, and Slowpoke had an hour-long discussion with Azanor concerning Thaumcraft. So if Thaumcraft doesn't make it into the main mod pack, there will be another option in which it is included.
(If you take a look at your launcher right now, there are in fact, three different mod packs to choose from - Oops. I meant four)

PodigyXJR

Jul 29, 2019
BUFF/ARMOR BAR MODS, PROJECT ZULU V0.5.2

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ate-toggleable-blocks-haunted-armor-minotaur/
this should be added and replace twilight forest because it looks safer and you wont get stuck in an alternate dimension[DOUBLEPOST=1354217439][/DOUBLEPOST]MO' FOODS AND CROPS, BEER AND WINE BREWING

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/781133-144smpbukkitmo-foods-and-crops-beer-and-wine-brewing/
this mod expands the games food production past what it already has and i think everyone would love brewing beer and making different things

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Just Saying

Well yeah its not but what about twilight forest, extra biomes, and mystcraft? They are definitely not technical,but they (at least in the case of mystcraft and extra biomes) make it more fun and sorta add on to the tech side in a way. I think the same goes for this mod. For example you can set up an awesome underwater factory with sponges, or have easy vertical redstone (Because God knows when redpower will be updated) plus cool bosses (giants) for adventure maps. And who doesnt want ride able flying mounts?

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
People should quit bitching about if a mod is a "Tech Mod" or not.
Twilight forest, mystcraft, EE3 and more arn't tech mods, but that doesn't mean it messes up the gameplay. If anything, it makes it better.
Therefore, I think that as long as a mod will work good with other mods, isn't overpowered, and is forge compatible, it should be considered. I mean, I've never heard anybody complain about EE3 and it's a magic mod. Not to mention the only mod that anyone has gotten mad at is gregtech (which is, suprise suprise, a tech mod)

Reactions: bsb23

Misticblade7

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke has said that Thaumcraft will not be part of the main FTB modpack

Slow has said on more than one occasion while livestreaming that thaumcraft WILL be in the main FTB pack, and this has frequently been cited as the reason for not including mods like Timber! and Treecapitator - they devalue Thaumcraft's Axe of the Stream. And if it were the case, slow would never use "because I said so" as a reason for it. Just because there will be another "magic" FTB pack does not mean thaumcraft will be exclusive to it.

Reactions: eisbaerBorealis

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, if someone can tell me where it says FTB is a technical pack, then I'll think about that when considering mods. But the original FTB pack was virtually based around Equivalent Exchange. Now if we were called something like "Technic", THEN it could be weird if we had magic-based mods. But we're not. It's Feed the Beast, and the magic mods like EE and Thaumcraft fit in just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.