Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyered

Jul 29, 2019
AtomicStryker's mod Ropes+ has been in this thread before, post #204. It had been tagged by JC as not updated to 1.4. It is, at least now if it was not then. I would love to see this in ftb.

Awesomeguy981

Jul 29, 2019
You can take my suggestion or throw it out the window your choice. I think that they should add the car mod to their pack. Think about it, we can build aperture science portal guns and we can't build a car. It doesn't make since.

DrVesuvius

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

Can I put another vote in for Balkon's Weapons Mod? I know the original list says "No permission" but on his mod thread, Balkon seems quite positive about FTB and open to the idea, but says he he doesn't think he's been asked yet. It would be a terrible shame if it got missed out on account of a miscommunication.

Dr V

Reactions: mr_vit

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
ok i got one

AtomicStryker's Infernal Mobs - the next step 1.4,4/ 1.4.5

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1325911-144145-atomicstrykers-infernal-mobs-the-next-step/

adds:

"This mod randomly imbues spawning Living Things in the World with Diablo-style random Enchantments, making them much harder and much more rewarding to kill.

They also drop the quadruple amount of xp and a random enchanted item."

his site
http://www.atomicstryker.net/

his legal stuff

"Regarding Mod Packs:
Here are the general guide lines you need to meet if you want me to allow you to redistribute any of my mods in your modpack. If you do not meet those, do not even bother writing me a PM:

1. at least one mod of the modpack needs to be of your own making. This is to stop the stream of modpack kiddies just cobbling random mods together, having no idea what they are doing.

2. there must be credit and a link to the mod's thread on minecraftforums or this website

3. the modpack may not be used to generate revenue of any kind (eg adfly)
If you do meet those conditions, you may write me a PM on minecraftforums, asking politely for permission. I have not turned down anyone yet who asked nicely"

he has other mods as well

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
Stop being sarcastic, this thread is about ideas, I'm just using this thread to hope that a mod that adds fast excursion to different places easily. I don't even care, I'll I just want some type of vehicle mod.
Maybe that wasn't sarcasm? I think it makes sense to be able to make a portal gun, but making cars in a Minecraft world makes no sense to me. And that's not sarcasm.

Wireless Redstone Chichenbones Edition
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/909223-125145-smp-chickenbones-mods/

It's on the maybe/maybe not list on the 3rd page, but now it's updated, should be compatible and getting permissions shouldn't be a problem, since there's NEI included already. And Chickenbones guuested on Pahicraft IIRC. It's rather balanced, convenient and tech-y.
Umm... how does that work without Redpower?

Awesomeguy981

Jul 29, 2019
Steve Carts; is already in here and I have already suggested a very decent mod, you need but look for it.
I like the mod Steve's carts but you need rails. Their very hard to squire because of railcraft and bandon mineshafts are hard to fight through.[DOUBLEPOST=1353982458][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe that wasn't sarcasm? I think it makes sense to be able to make a portal gun, but making cars in a Minecraft world makes no sense to me.
How can you make a quantum space hole/portal with out making some decent transportation. An automatic sorting system with pipes and machines being powered by a nuclear reactor with out making a car.

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
What are you going to do with your car? Drive it up a mountainside?

I don't see a Minecraft portal gun as quantum science. I see it as Ender technology. Pipes are some Minecraft material wrapped around some glass. A car is a ridiculous piece of machinery that doesn't fit in the Minecraft world. There's nothing you can do with a car that you can't do better with carts, tracks, and a quantum suit.

How can you make a quantum space hole/portal with out making some decent transportation.
Decent transportation = carts, boats, pigs, portals, books, Ender Pearls.

Look, everyone's entitled to their opinion. What I think is wrong with yours is that you assume that if someone disagrees with you, they're being sarcastic.

TheWhoAreYouPerson

Jul 29, 2019
If i may ask, how is power converters not balanced? i may have to install to the mod pack myself (as in to just my copy) if its not installed in the official

NeoDraconis

Jul 29, 2019
And yet no one has bothered to look for the mod I was referring to, quite a decent alternative to using carts for transportation. Try page 2.

nukularpower

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to +1 a couple recent suggestions, those being Balkon's weaponmod, which is great and totally fits the Minecraft "feel" (much better than a lot of the other mods that are already included, in fact), and another big +1 for Ropes+ by Atomikstryker. It seems like a lot of good mods are being passed over by Slowpoke for some reason (typically just "I dont want it!" is given) which seems to be a weird attitude to take for something that is supposed to compete with Tekkit, and given that a modpack is typically based on what people will want to use. I doubt all this effort would have been made for a modpack just for Slowpoke :p

Anyways, love those 2 mods, hope to see them in at least a 3rd party/alternate pack, possibly with MoC. Atomikstrykers Pet Bat mod would be great too, just for how adorable it is -
http://www.atomicstryker.net/petbat.html

mr_vit

Jul 29, 2019
Another usefull mod:
Ore Dictionary Converter
Usefull to deal with multiple ores. I think Yiu guys are going to do smth with that, but why not to have alternative? I think it worth a try.

And ya, what's situation about balkon weapons? Can we (community?) help dealing with this one somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.