Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

benben500

Jul 29, 2019
I like the mod Steve's carts but you need rails. Their very hard to squire because of railcraft and bandon mineshafts are hard to fight through.[DOUBLEPOST=1353982458][/DOUBLEPOST]

How is it hard to get tracks? Railcraft even makes them use less iron.

Awesomeguy981

Jul 29, 2019
What are you going to do with your car? Drive it up a mountainside?

I don't see a Minecraft portal gun as quantum science. I see it as Ender technology. Pipes are some Minecraft material wrapped around some glass. A car is a ridiculous piece of machinery that doesn't fit in the Minecraft world. There's nothing you can do with a car that you can't do better with carts, tracks, and a quantum suit.
Yes there is because its cheaper than having to mine tons of iron and makes it easier to escape from mobs plus, ive played the portal valve games and Cave Jhonson stated that it was a quantum space hole in one of the trailers. Also that I might add I want to turn a car. Can you turn a minecart no you can't. I don't want to waste a lot of my time getting to where I want to go.

Decent transportation = carts, boats, pigs, portals, books, Ender Pearls. Books can't transport you any where.

Look, everyone's entitled to their opinion. What I think is wrong with yours is that you assume that if someone disagrees with you, they're being sarcastic.
I'm not saying your sarcastic. Just because of one comment I'm permanently labeled as sarcastic?

Deva

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Cogs of the machine
Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1578105-145forge-cogs-of-the-machine/
Reason: It has a nice macerator like device which is powered with the nice cog system also it has another early game style furnance with a nice gui. It is still wip but there is a download with all the functionality. I doubt me giving a description of it will do it justice I highly recommend looking at the page with all the pictures.

GunnerWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, but you're fine with nuclear reactors?
When the game already has a wheeled mode of transport similar to cars (Minecarts) cars would be pointless, if you read the guidelines for mod suggestions, it states that if the mod adds something that is already in a different mod, but makes it cheaper (One of the people said the cars were cheaper than minecarts) It would be pointless to add a car mod, it would probably be listed as crossover with other mods or unbalanced. Nuclear reactors, are 1 small part of a large tech mod (Industrial Craft) and fits with the theme of FTB in general.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
When the game already has a wheeled mode of transport similar to cars (Minecarts) cars would be pointless, if you read the guidelines for mod suggestions, it states that if the mod adds something that is already in a different mod, but makes it cheaper (One of the people said the cars were cheaper than minecarts) It would be pointless to add a car mod, it would probably be listed as crossover with other mods or unbalanced. Nuclear reactors, are 1 small part of a large tech mod (Industrial Craft) and fits with the theme of FTB in general.

Fair point. Cars as a concept fit with FTB I think, but it's problematic if they're cheaper than minecarts.

Reactions: Awesomeguy981

GunnerWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Fair point. Cars as a concept fit with FTB I think, but it's problematic if they're cheaper than minecarts.
Precisely. The cars I believe are cheaper and faster than a tunnel bore, and are not restricted to tracks. They can go anywhere, it is both unbalanced and conflicting with railcraft/steve's carts.

Reactions: Awesomeguy981

Awesomeguy981

Jul 29, 2019
Cars are far more complex and do not fit into Minecraft whereas a Chocobo fits right in.
Not every one knows what a Chocobo is. For all we know it could be a mob that insta kills players.[DOUBLEPOST=1354141039][/DOUBLEPOST]I like it when there is a way to make you in minecraft more faster or more powerful with out having to always do reaserch on the internet. Everybody knows what a car is which proves my point.

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see how Thaumcraft, EE3, mystcraft, parts of factorization and other parts fit in with the tech mods either. That argument is not valid we are far beyond a tech mod here. An argument such as "A giant rainbow ostrich makes no sense and is completely not understandable, if it were just a horse it may make sense though." Sorry it just bugs me when people do that

NeoDraconis

Jul 29, 2019
Pigs are useless mounts, as for your instant kill comment, ever heard of research? You might want to do some before replying to a new or old mod suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.