Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flirx

Jul 29, 2019
I think I need to come to the rescue there.

Tale of Kingdoms does work quite well with the packs, I personally tried it two weeks ago.

There are only three downsides with it being with the pack.
First, it spawns some quite intrusive structures in the world. You can lower the spawn rate of the villages and hell spawns, so it's not that much of a problem.

Second, it doesn't clear up to sky limit when spawning structures, so you sometimes have weird overhangs along with the flat cliff faces. It tends to cut through the terrain quite badly too. I couldn't quite solve that one, but if you lower the spawn rate of the structures for the first point, you have less of this too.

Third, it is balanced around being played alone or with Millenaire. The whole balance of this game is around coins that mobs drop. The problem being that as soon as you make an XP farm, you end up with tons and tons of money, making it really easy to buy diamond tools and armors, or iron ones, and turning them back makes you actually farm diamond and iron for no real trade-off compared to without the mod.

The third point is the main reason why I disabled the mod after some times, because I wasn't enjoying that I had tons of money from just gaining enough levels to enchant 2 picks and an armor set.

But apart from this, it adds quite a nice village for you to spend some wood and cobblestone, as well as some NPCs that you can ask to guard your home against monsters.

The SMP part not being really complete right now, it's not a good thing to consider adding it to a pack right now, but I feel that if the author manages to put config options to lower the amount of money dropped, or some kind of balance, it could really be fun to be played on a server.

So yeah, the mod is great, but SSP only, once the SMP version is ready, I might come here again and submit it.
Thank you very much. I didn't look at it that way. It's nice to get another good prospective. ^_^

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You can use it for an advanced railroad system, or an elevator, or a mob trap,....endless possibilities
Yeah, hate it when I have fun playing a game, really annoying.
Let me be a bit clearer. Since it's gravity science, it would most likely be in tech world, so you would expect techy stuff and automation. Just because a mod is fun doesn't mean that it's a good fit for a pack.

also, gravity science can be used for an elevator, or a railroad system, or a mob trap, but we already have tesla coils, aperture science turrets and lasers, launcher tracks, frames, magnetiser, basically, gravity science does what the other mods can, but very cheaoply. Also, it doesn't "plug in" to the other mods at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1364530524][/DOUBLEPOST]
Works well doesn't' just mean that it won't crash.
My home village ended up in a giant 50 block plus deep hole.[DOUBLEPOST=1364526259][/DOUBLEPOST]Mod Suggestion: Crafting table III
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1189975-b18mc125-craftingtableiii-bug-fixs-more-mod-support/
you mean the crafting table III that hasn't been updated since 1.2.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.